Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:21 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
I think right now Crystal is in limbo . As in there not sure if it s going to continue or not . I mean when season 2 end , they announced after the show finish running on tv . And than announced they were going continued . The ratings were probably better on tv, the dvd blurays were average , some below average . The merchandise sold, and they were still making some .(Or ordering some) So Toei decide it was profitable enough the continue . Now Season 3 the dvd s , and blue ray sells were lower . While that s concerning, but they are premium items. Merchandise is slowing down, but in general slowly down . Were still getting some new ones . I think what they're doing is waiting to see how it sells .I do think we can get a season 4 ,but it will be latter . The only thing is to panick if they stop making merchandise all together . But were not there at this time . :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:26 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Posts: 418
Location: The Void
I agree. Until they stop selling Sailor Moon in general, I think it's just in a holding position right now. And I suffered through a two year delay waiting for Crystal to premiere. I've learned to be patient with this series.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:03 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 3728
Location: "Studying" With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
doesn't help that the first couple of seasons weren't all that well received sadly

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
doesn't help that the first couple of seasons weren't all that well received sadly

They were received well enough to get as season 3 though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:20 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 17, 2007
Posts: 1606
http://www.someanithing.com/sales-faqguide

Quote:
1.1 How important are DVD/BD sales?

It depends! Great disc sales can make a show, but low sales won’t necessarily break it. A detailed explanation of “how the business works” requires a lot more detail but for now it’s sufficient to know that DVD/BD purchases are only one revenue stream sharing the burden with potentially many others, such as:
– Manga and novels
– Figures and toys
– Character merchandise
– Music and drama CDs
– Video games/visual novels/mobile games
– Rentals
– Ratings (advertising)
– Retailer collaborations (e.g. Famima, Lawson)
– International licensing
…and more. You even have situations where factors like government funding, the promotion of tourism, or cultural diplomacy matter.
I’m also sidestepping the byzantine world of revenue distribution among animation production committee members for the moment. Most anime is financed by multiple investors (for example, publishers, video distributors, music labels, figure and toy manufacturers, television stations, animation studios, etc), each of which may take differently-sized cuts of the various revenue streams. Video sales alone will not define “hit” or “flop” for every investor. If your only cut of the pie is figure sales, video sales are, at least directly, irrelevant to you. In Section 2, you’ll get more information on these production committees from Ultimatemegax.

What’s attractive about video disc sales is that we’re presumably here because we like to watch anime, and the video discs containing said anime are the most direct manifestation of the anime in purchasable form. It’s understandable the numbers interest us and it’s fairly obvious I’m no exception to that – but keep in mind their many, many limitations.


Unless we have information on Crystal's ratings, merchandise sales, CD sales, we don't have the full picture so people worried that it's being cancelled because of Season 3's bluray sales are being waaaaay over the top.

Toei is most likely just taking a break to focus on the 100 other projects they have on their plate. Saint Seiya had a break inbetween Soul of Gold which finished airing on September 2015 and the new ONA that's going to air next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
Seira Hazuki wrote:
http://www.someanithing.com/sales-faqguide

Quote:
1.1 How important are DVD/BD sales?

It depends! Great disc sales can make a show, but low sales won’t necessarily break it. A detailed explanation of “how the business works” requires a lot more detail but for now it’s sufficient to know that DVD/BD purchases are only one revenue stream sharing the burden with potentially many others, such as:
– Manga and novels
– Figures and toys
– Character merchandise
– Music and drama CDs
– Video games/visual novels/mobile games
– Rentals
– Ratings (advertising)
– Retailer collaborations (e.g. Famima, Lawson)
– International licensing
…and more. You even have situations where factors like government funding, the promotion of tourism, or cultural diplomacy matter.
I’m also sidestepping the byzantine world of revenue distribution among animation production committee members for the moment. Most anime is financed by multiple investors (for example, publishers, video distributors, music labels, figure and toy manufacturers, television stations, animation studios, etc), each of which may take differently-sized cuts of the various revenue streams. Video sales alone will not define “hit” or “flop” for every investor. If your only cut of the pie is figure sales, video sales are, at least directly, irrelevant to you. In Section 2, you’ll get more information on these production committees from Ultimatemegax.

What’s attractive about video disc sales is that we’re presumably here because we like to watch anime, and the video discs containing said anime are the most direct manifestation of the anime in purchasable form. It’s understandable the numbers interest us and it’s fairly obvious I’m no exception to that – but keep in mind their many, many limitations.


Unless we have information on Crystal's ratings, merchandise sales, CD sales, we don't have the full picture so people worried that it's being cancelled because of Season 3's bluray sales are being waaaaay over the top.

T air next year.

Thats why I said in production limbo ,. There just waiting to see how it sales . That s why I aslo said unless merchandise stop that there is no reason to panic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Posts: 1188
imaginationgirl wrote:
Thats why I said in production limbo ,. There just waiting to see how it sales . That s why I aslo said unless merchandise stop that there is no reason to panic.


But which sales are you talking about? I think they do know how the merch sells, at the end of the day Crystal merch is around since 2014

Toei clearly didnt care about the DVD/Bluray sales this time around otherwise they'd release more than just 3 volumes without any extras and limited editions.

Besides dont you think this thread is kind of pointless with everything we've been constantly talking about in another thread about Season 4? Just like Seira Hazuki said, it might be a while just like it was with Saint Seiya.

Next year we have 25th annivesary, maybe thats why Toei is waiting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:50 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 40318
Gender: Male
I'm so accustomed to limbo that I even enjoy it. :lol:

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Thats why I said in production limbo ,. There just waiting to see how it sales . That s why I aslo said unless merchandise stop that there is no reason to panic.


But which sales are you talking about? I think they do know how the merch sells, at the end of the day Crystal merch is around since 2014



Besides dont you think this thread is kind of pointless with everything we've been constantly talking about in another thread about Season 4? Just like Seira Hazuki said, it might be a while just like it was with Saint Seiya.

Next year we have 25th annivesary, maybe thats why Toei is waiting

Thats true they could be waiting cause of that . ,What I mean by season 3 merchandise . Like you know figures,toys, candy, you know stuff a fan would buy ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Posts: 1188
I see but i think they count it as Crystal merch in general rather than just season 3 merch (not to mention they probably counted all SM merch including manga, 90s anime and musical stuff to decide whether doing new anime was/is worth it)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
SailorSugababe wrote:
I see but i think they count it as Crystal merch in general rather than just season 3 merch (not to mention they probably counted all SM merch including manga, 90s anime and musical stuff to decide whether doing new anime was/is worth it)

I just think they will look more closely to season 3 . Because its newer, but yah they will probably look at all the merchandise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:50 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 16, 2007
Posts: 1654
Location: Anime Natives
https://twitter.com/BunnyTuxedoMask/sta ... 3410946049

Saw this post by a person on twitter.

Translation: Because many problems of censorship by LGBT content in several countries, Toei decided to cancel # SailorMoonCrystal Season IV.



Tho obviously no sources made me a little concerned still.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
papillonrose wrote:
https://twitter.com/BunnyTuxedoMask/status/814176623410946049

Saw this post by a person on twitter.

Translation: Because many problems of censorship by LGBT content in several countries, Toei decided to cancel # SailorMoonCrystal Season IV.



Tho obviously no sources made me a little concerned still.

I doubt this seriously . :roll:
I mean why would toei care so much about censorship in other countries ? They would care more how it sells , than what's edit . ( They gave them the okay anyway). If that really is an issue they will simple not let it be dubbed in other countries . Insteda of cancelling a full season . There is also hardly any LGBT stuff in Dreams . Accept Haruka and Micheru a course .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2009
Posts: 5670
Location: Wallington, NJ
Oh great, people are misinterpreting what happened with what one network in one country did as a reason why there's no news on season 4. :roll:

See thread: http://www.sailormoonforum.com/viewtopi ... 14#p830114

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Posts: 1188
Yeah it cant be serious

SM always had censorship issues. Many countries changed Zoisite and Fisheye into women, Haruka and Michiru were either cousins or just friends, dialogues were changes etc

Toei wouldnt cancel new season because of something as minor as censorship in one country


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Apr 20, 2012
Posts: 2063
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Crystal doesn't seem like it's in limbo to me. I don't think it's an issue of if we get season 4, but when. Toei has too much on their plate at the moment, so we're probably looking at mid-to-late 2017 at the earliest. It's also possible the delay is due to looking for some new staff members, granted people like Ms. Kon don't return.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:41 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 5843
Location: Philippines
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Crystal doesn't seem like it's in limbo to me. I don't think it's an issue of if we get season 4, but when. Toei has too much on their plate at the moment, so we're probably looking at mid-to-late 2017 at the earliest. It's also possible the delay is due to looking for some new staff members, granted people like Ms. Kon don't return.


Who is Ms. Kon?

_________________
Image Image

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:43 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 11, 2013
Posts: 1330
rgveda99 wrote:
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Crystal doesn't seem like it's in limbo to me. I don't think it's an issue of if we get season 4, but when. Toei has too much on their plate at the moment, so we're probably looking at mid-to-late 2017 at the earliest. It's also possible the delay is due to looking for some new staff members, granted people like Ms. Kon don't return.


Who is Ms. Kon?


Chiaki Kon, who directed season 3.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
Posts: 2385
Gender: Agender
imaginationgirl wrote:
I doubt this seriously. :roll:
I mean why would Toei care so much about censorship in other countries? They would care more how it sells than what's edited. (They gave them the okay anyway.) If that really is an issue they will simply not let it be dubbed in other countries instead of canceling a full season. There is also hardly any LGBT stuff in Dream. Except Haruka and Michiru of course.


Don't forget about the Amazon Trio!

But yeah, that Twitter user is clearly misinterpreting/overreacting to the Crystal dub being canceled (for now) in Portugal due to the censorship controversy going on there. If Toei were truly concerned over the series' LGBT content and potential censorship controversies, they would merely play down or omit the LGBT aspects from Dream and Stars rather than just cancel the series outright. Crystal is merely on hiatus for now until Toei has more time/money/people to devote to producing season 4. I see no cause for concern just yet. In fact, given all the shows Toei is producing right now, I'd be more concerned if season 4 WERE announced now as it would probably be a rush job and a mess. The Dream arc deserves better than that.

_________________
I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means Trump! #NotMyPresident

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1414
Can anyone confirm the rumors about the music composer of Crystal saying they hadn't heard anything about s4 yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1269
Gender: female
Neon Genesis wrote:
Can anyone confirm the rumors about the music composer of Crystal saying they hadn't heard anything about s4 yet?

I think it was on a tweet from Codename sailor B. Saying that the music director hasn't been planning any music yet . Or heard any plans for it .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1414
My own theory is they'll probably wait till they get closer to the Stars musical and adapt the Dream and Stars arcs as a single 20+ season like they did with Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:31 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3086
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
Meanwhile, we can entertain ourselves with the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime, which allegedly comes out in January.

_________________
Versace says I can


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:02 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2009
Posts: 5670
Location: Wallington, NJ
^of 2018 :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:26 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3086
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
NJ_ wrote:
^of 2018 :P


I thought for a second that we were in 2018. :shocked:

_________________
Versace says I can


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:30 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 15, 2007
Posts: 1088
Location: New York, New York
Gender: Female
I wonder if this time they will take the time to animated it the show well.

_________________
I am sailor of water


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1414
Clow wrote:
Meanwhile, we can entertain ourselves with the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime, which allegedly comes out in January.
I'm already kind of more excited for this to be honest. I'll still watch any new episodes of Crystal that come out, but the new CCS anime already looks like it's going to be a lot better given they have all of the original staff and cast returning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1217
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
Neon Genesis wrote:
Clow wrote:
Meanwhile, we can entertain ourselves with the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime, which allegedly comes out in January.
I'm already kind of more excited for this to be honest. I'll still watch any new episodes of Crystal that come out, but the new CCS anime already looks like it's going to be a lot better given they have all of the original staff and cast returning.


And it's a sequel!

_________________
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you" - Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of TLC

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1414
Yeah, I was really glad they decided to go straight into a sequel instead of doing a reboot. The original anime is still one of the best adaptations ever and nothing could replace how amazing it was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I think Crystal is in limbo right now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:28 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
Posts: 297
And like before, Nanase Ohkawa from CLAMP will write and oversee scenarios for episodes :) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... me/.110340


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 2 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator