Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Viz Media's Sailor Moon Crystal BD/DVD Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:
Dang they're really trying to take all my money! First Sailor Moon S part 2 is announced for spring, then Madman announces their set for February, and now Crystal set 2 for February! I don't have that much money!! :supercry:

Wait, did they announce S part 2 already?

Not announced but teased in Part 1's booklet.

The R movie's release for April might change things but there's still May and June so they could announce a date for one of those months.

Oh, ok. Don't want to miss that preorder bonus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:35 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Swan Cat wrote:
The movie is listed here: http://www.rightstufanime.com/search?keywords=r%20movie
April 18th is release date

Are you kidding me?? Ugh they want ALL my money all at once lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I DON'T WHY People keep complaining about Viz (like this is their fault) not changing the Brooch on the box, with Toei, who've messed up so badly with stock footage and box art now. Toei is most likely not allowing them correct their mistakes. Company agreements and compliances within their contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
I think the cover art looks beautiful anyway .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If anything I'd prefer they'd photoshop actual facial expressions on them :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:21 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The box art isn't a mistake, she gets that brooch in the final episode. It's just that the cover is taken from the last of multiple volumes in the Japanese version.

I'm not fond of it myself, but there is a reasonable explanation. Not sure what they'll do for season 3 though. Keep doing the next arc's brooch and use the silver crystal for Stars? The Crystal Stsr Compact is my favorite though, so I'm sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
The box art isn't a mistake, she gets that brooch in the final episode. It's just that the cover is taken from the last of multiple volumes in the Japanese version.

I'm not fond of it myself, but there is a reasonable explanation. Not sure what they'll do for season 3 though. Keep doing the next arc's brooch and use the silver crystal for Stars? The Crystal Stsr Compact is my favorite though, so I'm sad.

Based off this, the next set will also be taken from the Japanese BD sets which means there's not going to be a brooch on the cover at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:47 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^

We're most likely going to see Volume 1 used here (though it would be nice if it was 2 instead) so that brooch will appear again as one of the discs' artwork.

Slightly off-topic but it'll be interesting to see what cover art Germany uses because with them splitting the show into 2 sets a season, they only have 2 choices for that last volume.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:47 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

1. They can't use Crisis Moon Brooch for Season 3 because that brooch change until Season 4.

2. I think cover for Season 3 Limited edition will be the booklet cover with the constelations pattern because it looks so similar to Season 1 and 2 covers.

3. There is only art for 3 discs (DVDs in Japan use same art in Season 3), So there will have to make new art for another disc (2 BD, 2 DVD), or keep the jewel pattern for the dvds in Season 3 and sacrifice a disc art for the blu-rays (Maybe Saturn Brooch).

4. I really hope they can fix the Moon Princess Halation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
I placed a order via right stuff for sailor moon crystal blu ray/DVD set 2 + gwp and sailor moon r movie blu ray/dvd set last week. I just happened to read from a few years ago that they can hold your order until everything is out. I contacted support and they said it could go either way. Has anyone ordered from them in a situation like this before? I can't believe they would hold my preorder for 2 months just to ship them both together. I have never had or heard of such a thing from any other website. I can see if they come out within a week or so but 2 months?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So I guess GWP for set one sold out because it's not on the page. Wow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
The release at least when it comes to Amazon has been pushed back a week, it will be released on the 28th.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:38 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
zttmoon wrote:
The release at least when it comes to Amazon has been pushed back a week, it will be released on the 28th.

I'm looking at Right Stuf right now and it seems both the Regular Edition & DVD-only sets are in stock while the Limited Edition hasn't come in yet.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/ ... %20crystal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
I wonder... did Viz get the Bluray or TV footage for their video releases? (Sorry if I didn't read the posts)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:06 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
shiroi wrote:
I wonder... did Viz get the Bluray or TV footage for their video releases? (Sorry if I didn't read the posts)
The Viz dub of Crystal that played on Hulu used the Blu-Ray footage (and, strangely, the sponsor card footage minus the sponsors).

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:55 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Has anyone who bought the limited edition of season 2 get theirs shipped yet because on rightstuf it says its out of stock but the dvd and non limited edition version are in stock. http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-Mo ... lu-ray-DVD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:33 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
moonman13 wrote:
Has anyone who bought the limited edition of season 2 get theirs shipped yet because on rightstuf it says its out of stock but the dvd and non limited edition version are in stock. http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-Mo ... lu-ray-DVD

Viz delayed the limited edition to next week but for some strange reason, both the regular edition & DVD-only sets are in stock with some people getting their copies shipped. If I had to guess, the delay probably has to do with the box because there's a second image floating around which came from their website and it has a different color.

Comparison (because they have two pages for some reason):

https://www.viz.com/watch/tv-series/sai ... ideo/12070
https://www.viz.com/watch/tv-series/sai ... ideo/12071

As for Right Stuf, I don't think they were aware of the delay since the new date didn't come out until a few days ago.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/8 ... 8597997568

Quote:
Due to a manufacture issue, Sailor Moon Crystal has been delayed until the 28th of this month. For good news, we do have the suncatchers!

EDIT: Seems Viz changed the box art in the second link so here's what was there before.

http://i.imgur.com/C3TUBUe.jpg

Last edited by NJ_ on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:56 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/8 ... 7692506118

Quote:
Sailor Moon Crystal is here! Orders going out soon! Please keep an eye on shipping emails. :) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5TCq46WYAIepk4.jpg:orig

It is just me or does the box look different?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/834505877692506118

Quote:
Sailor Moon Crystal is here! Orders going out soon! Please keep an eye on shipping emails. :) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5TCq46WYAIepk4.jpg:orig

It is just me or does the box look different?

Looks the same to me. Only looks different because the gold print is glossy so it scans black, and sometimes they'll change the gradient on the static artwork to showcase that it's glossy. But it's still white with gold print and pink flowers if that's what you were referring to. I don't see any other differences

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:30 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hello, everyone.
Can somebody answer me, if the opening theme changed from dark kingdom into black moon family?
I ask, because, here in germany, it wasn´t changed. we have unfortunately the dark kingdom opening in the second arc. >_<
(but here is episode 14 on Vol. 3, for season 2, because Chibiusa.... >_<)

Thank you for answering!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I got my DVD copy in the mail the other day and the opening still changed to the Black Moon family for us. But it's weird they suddenly switched back to using Japanese credits for the second season boxset when they used English credits in season one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:32 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I got my DVD copy in the mail the other day and the opening still changed to the Black Moon family for us. But it's weird they suddenly switched back to using Japanese credits for the second season boxset when they used English credits in season one.

Ah, thank you very much!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Neon Genesis wrote:

They only used English credits for Hulu. The home media release has Japanese credits for both seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:31 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Black Moon arc trailer:

This was shown exclusively at Katsucon a few weeks ago and by exclusive, I mean that Char told the guy who was streaming the Sailor Moon panel to turn it off until after the trailer was over.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I have to say, Viz makes some great trailers. Really epic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:43 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Say what you will about the Viz dub but Wiseman's VA sounds so much better than that annoying high squeaky voice he had in the Japanese version of Crystal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Neon Genesis wrote:
Say what you will about the Viz dub but Wiseman's VA sounds so much better than that annoying high squeaky voice he had in the Japanese version of Crystal.

You'll get no argument from me because of all the Japanese recasts, Wiseman was the legit worst.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

You'll get no argument from me because of all the Japanese recasts, Wiseman was the legit worst.
Thirded. Granted, it's still too hammy for how fearsome and intimidating Wiseman ought to be, but it's definitely an improvement over the squeaky banshee voice the Japanese version gave him.

Though, in both versions, Wiseman's voice sounds really good when he is shown merged with Planet Nemesis, as by that point his voice becomes deep, powerful, and all kinds of ominous.

I also feel the dub voice for Artemis, Johnny Yong Bosch, sounds much better than his Japanese Crystal voice, which is way too deep and old-sounding, IMO.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:31 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Watched my set earlier today and here are a few notes.

-The DVD main menus are the same as volumes 8 & 11 of the Japanese volumes.

-As confirmed here by KAKERU, the clean opening extra is only for the Dark Kingdom arc, an opening that's not even in this set. :|

-As suspected, the Momoiro Clover Z interview was recorded at Anime Expo 2015 and the feature is almost 10 minutes long. It included a minute of highlights of their time at the convention with a cameo appearance by Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley from KISS.

And the new sub translation continues, here's a comparison from Act 15:

Toei (Hulu/Yahoo View/niconico):

Crunchyroll:

Viz sub (DVD):

Viz dub (DVD):

cuau_cg wrote:
4. I really hope they can fix the Moon Princess Halation.

Didn't happen on Hulu and didn't happen here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:45 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Thanks for the confirmation!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next