Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Viz Media's Sailor Moon Crystal BD/DVD Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:26 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm actually surprised they were able to add Uranus & Neptune from Volume 2 on there since the previous sets didn't have anything in the back at all. Adding Volume 3's cover with it would have probably been too much.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:07 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/906909068656181249

New clip from season 3 meant to celebrate Ami's birthday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:26 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/906909068656181249

New clip from season 3 meant to celebrate Ami's birthday.
Okay, she's gotten a little better at saying her transformation call, but she's still jarringly hesitating on the "Make" part.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:51 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Promo for their Season III release:

Like... Is their dreadful, ear-bleed-inducing shrieking supposed to convince me to buy this set or...? :lol:

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I really can't get into these voices.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:25 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Mercury still sounds like she's struggling/hesitating to say her attack names with the right amount of the right-sounding oomph.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:01 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
I hope they're saving their good trailer for Anime NYC next month because this one is not as good as their season 1 & 2 trailers and is also too short. :|

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I know Mako's attacks are what they are but Jupiter Coconut Cyclone sounds really stupid with an English VA saying it. Maybe since it lost that Japanese accent feel or whatever. Venus Wink Chain Sword sounds the best but that ain't saying much. Honestly, I can see why they renamed attacks in the old English dub (some of them.). Just sounds goofy in actual English. :googly: I know a lot of folks may be against it tho since it isn't "Ani-accurate".

Also, this new Mercury sounds weak. Is this them trying to preserve her reserved nature? :|

Who was the lady that did Mercury's VA in the original 90's dub episode when she first got her star wand cause she used to go hard with them battlecry, like she was fixing to go off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:34 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Terrible voice acting. just , wow.

no feeling, it is all monotone or completely awkward.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Maybe they haven't applied the effects to the voices yet and that's why they all sound like random fans screaming at a CON?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I typically enjoy the Viz dub and I usually think their trailers are pretty good but this teaser was kind of a disappointment. Stephanie Sheh's attack phrase seemed especially rather weak in this clip and I think she's usually pretty decent at it. I think the clip would have been better if they showed the Witches 5 voices at the beginning of the teaser. It was weird they showed clips of them talking but there was no voice for them. I get the feeling they likely haven't finished dubbing this particular episode and just threw in some random audio recordings of their attacks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
NJ_ wrote:
I hope they're saving their good trailer for Anime NYC next month because this one is not as good as their season 1 & 2 trailers and is also too short. :|

After what they did with Hunter x Hunter set 3's full trailer today, they're probably saving Crystal season 3's full trailer for release day (if not for Anime NYC) so have fun waiting until December. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:05 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
^Apparently it was posted yesterday. ^_^'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Season 3 is now in stock and shipping from Right Stuf so check your cards.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:52 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Hello, I'm a first time poster so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I recently bought the Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray set (or so I thought) from a seller on Ebay. The item I received didn't include the chipboard box, 96 page book or the art cards. The back of the package says it includes the book and cards but it doesn't. Can the experts here look at this listing and let me know if it's a bootleg or not?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-Cr ... 2816532480

I've contacted the seller to request a return but he hasn't contacted me yet. I think I'll have to have Ebay step in to get my money back.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cobrachris wrote:
Hello, I'm a first time poster so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I recently bought the Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray set (or so I thought) from a seller on Ebay. The item I received didn't include the chipboard box, 96 page book or the art cards. The back of the package says it includes the book and cards but it doesn't. Can the experts here look at this listing and let me know if it's a bootleg or not?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-Cr ... 2816532480

I've contacted the seller to request a return but he hasn't contacted me yet. I think I'll have to have Ebay step in to get my money back.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Looks legit from that page. Do you have pics of what you received?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:57 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Here are some pics. I ended up ordering another copy from Amazon. It is the real Limited Edition but I'll be sending it back because I bought it "Used-Like New" but it is anything but. The box has stickers on it and is in crappy shape. But before sending it back I snapped a few pics. The Ebay seller finally contacted me and said he had received numerous complaints and he apologized for sending me the wrong version. Did he send me the standard edition? If it is, why does it list the 96 page book and art cards on the back which are exclusive to the Limited Edition?

Here is a comparison. Limited Edition on the left and Ebay version on the right:

As you can see in the last picture, the one on the right that I bought from Ebay says it includes the 96 page book and art cards.

Here is a comparison showing the case of each. Ebay version on top. Limited Edition on the bottom. There's no way the version I got from Ebay has room in that case for the book and art cards.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Short unboxing:

EDIT: Voice cast message:

EDIT 2: Third season 3 trailer:

Last edited by NJ_ on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Got mine today. The booklet has autographs from all of the senshi and some of the villains.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova

Finished watching so here are a few notes:

-The Blu-ray & DVD menus (yes, even the DVD menu) uses the instrumental piece from New Moon from Act 38 that was never released in the CD soundtrack.

-As mentioned earlier in the thread regarding seasons 1 & 2, the subtitles on the BDs are locked and can't be turned off. Well, it continues here with season 3 and unfortunately in this case, the DVD subs are locked as well.

Blu-ray Extras:

-Interview with Lauren Landa - Taped in September 2017 and is 4 minutes long

-Interview with Erica Mendez - Taped in September 2017 and is 7 minutes long

-Interview with Veronica Taylor - Taped in September 2017 and is 5 minutes long

-Interview with Christine Marie Cabanos - Taped in September 2017 and is 3 minutes long

-Summer of Sailor Moon 2017 - Anime Expo 2017 highlights, 2 minutes long

-Art Gallery - Also present in disc 1

-English Credits - Didn't expect this, it uses the creditless version of Eternal Eternity (ED 1). For some reason Debi Derryberry isn't credited as Diana despite confirming the role on her Twitter in October so only her Japanese VA is credited in the video and the booklet.

-Clean Openings & Endings (also on the DVD) - All 6 songs but here's something interesting regarding the opening videos
The Etsuko Yakushimaru version is the Act 38 version.
The Mitsuko Horie version is the same that it has always been (Acts 30-33).
The Momoiro Clover Z version is the Act 36 version.

It's weird because the videos on the Japanese YouTube are the same as on their premiere episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hZXIdwFox4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ene3e1Kp3Pg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hEenwdtA0

Could someone confirm which clean versions of the first & third openings are on the Japanese volumes?

Back on topic...

Additional voice cast (not previously revealed but credited in the video & booklet):

Master Pharaoh 90 - John Eric Bentley
Ito Asanuma - Matthew Mercer (AFAIK, he was never revealed for the season 2 dub)
Kyusuke - Kyle Hebert
Keiko Tomoe - Danielle Judovits (under Danielle Nicole like as Naru)

Translations:

The new translations continue and since there were A LOT of wonky translations in season 3's streams, I won't post pics but links to the more noticeable ones instead.

Toei / Viz sub / Viz dub
Toei / Viz sub / Viz dub (2)
Toei / Viz sub / Viz dub
Toei / Viz sub / Viz dub
Toei (2) / Viz sub / Viz dub (2)
Toei / Viz sub / Viz dub
Toei / Viz sub / Viz dub

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As far as I have noticed, the OPs in bluray are the same as they were aired on TV.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Crystal Moon wrote:
As far as I have noticed, the OPs in bluray are the same as they were aired on TV.

Whoops, I didn't specify

I meant the clean versions in the extras, isn't there one version of them on each disc?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

Whoops, I didn't specify

I meant the clean versions in the extras, isn't there one version of them on each disc?

Unfortunately, no.

They already release them in three OP and ED CDs.

(But who needs the SD version...)

The booklet even doesn't include the background designs (Mugen Academy, Hotaru's house...)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Season three is my favorite season and I can't wait to eventually get the DVD and to check out the English dub.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I am a bit envious, in Italy the chances of a home video release right now are non-existent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cobrachris wrote:
Here are some pics. I ended up ordering another copy from Amazon. It is the real Limited Edition but I'll be sending it back because I bought it "Used-Like New" but it is anything but. The box has stickers on it and is in crappy shape. But before sending it back I snapped a few pics. The Ebay seller finally contacted me and said he had received numerous complaints and he apologized for sending me the wrong version. Did he send me the standard edition? If it is, why does it list the 96 page book and art cards on the back which are exclusive to the Limited Edition?

Here is a comparison. Limited Edition on the left and Ebay version on the right:

As you can see in the last picture, the one on the right that I bought from Ebay says it includes the 96 page book and art cards.

Here is a comparison showing the case of each. Ebay version on top. Limited Edition on the bottom. There's no way the version I got from Ebay has room in that case for the book and art cards.

That is not the Limited Edition, that's the standard combo edition. But somehow, Viz forgot to erase the "Booklet and cards" information from the slipcover. That was a last minute decision, since all the art published didn't mention or showed that slipcover.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12