Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
sakuraxchan wrote:
And I loved the 25th logo...oh my!! =^_^= =^_^=

They should produce a pin of that. :D

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:21 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
YAY!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for the new season (finally!) and the 25th anniversary logo looks awesome! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:42 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
well that goes to show ya if you wait long enough it will come.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
flash over wrote:
Really hoping they present an art style that actually matches the gritty, dark tone of Dream. Season 3 totally missed the mark there

Gritty, dark tone? Dream is probably the least dark arc of the manga. There's only one gore-y scene i can recall (the corpse nightmare) which most likely will be toned down like every other scene like that was toned down in seasons 1-3. The amount of victims is also a lot smaller than previous arcs (and Stars). Dead Moon Circus is also lot less creepy than Black Moon or Death Busters. Nehelenia's story was actually creepier in the old anime than the manga

And to be fair the most graphic stuff we still got from season 3 (Mimette's painful death, Tellu in general, Mistress 9 changing into daimon)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
flash over wrote:
Really hoping they present an art style that actually matches the gritty, dark tone of Dream. Season 3 totally missed the mark there

Gritty, dark tone? Dream is probably the least dark arc of the manga. There's only one gore-y scene i can recall (the corpse nightmare) which most likely will be toned down like every other scene like that was toned down in seasons 1-3. The amount of victims is also a lot smaller than previous arcs (and Stars). Dead Moon Circus is also lot less creepy than Black Moon or Death Busters. Nehelenia's story was actually creepier in the old anime than the manga

And to be fair the most graphic stuff we still got from season 3 (Mimette's painful death, Tellu in general, Mistress 9 changing into daimon)

SuperS is too bright compared to Dream Arc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:

Right and agreed on that but this doesnt make Dream arc dark. SuperS was more sweet and lighthearted but Dream still remains the most positive arc and with least amount drama and violence in the entire manga. Its just more serious than the anime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Hope they take care in these last two arcs. The style ia very delicate. I hope all the good animators are not working on other projects. If Chiaki Kon is supposed to be directing something else. I wonder who we will get?

I'm praying they do these last two arcs well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

Right and agreed on that but this doesnt make Dream arc dark. SuperS was more sweet and lighthearted but Dream still remains the most positive arc and with least amount drama and violence in the entire manga. Its just more serious than the anime

I agree. Dream is the most comfortable arc to read. I remember reading all of the chapter through this arc when I was a kid. :googly:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:13 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
That reminded me: SATURN TRANSFORMATION (and Pluto!). They better deliver! :setsuna: :hotaru:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Who could forget GOLDEN CRYSTAL!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
i want uncensored black blood from Usa and Mamo :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Since season four got announced in spite of the reports of bad season three BD sales, does that mean Toei doesn't care about BD sales?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:52 am 
Luna
Luna
danilushk wrote:

YES!!! And Sailor Moon's melty corpse.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
flockapowpow wrote:
danilushk wrote:

YES!!! And Sailor Moon's melty corpse.

And Mamoru slaps others like a boss :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:23 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Neon Genesis wrote:
Since season four got announced in spite of the reports of bad season three BD sales, does that mean Toei doesn't care about BD sales?

Of course they care about BD sales but Sailor Moon Crystal isn't some random new property, it's part of a large franchise with worldwide appeal. Unlike other properties Crystal is guaranteed to generate additional profits from overseas sales so disappointing BD sales that might kill another series have a lesser impact on Crystal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Wasn't it sales of the Moon Stick toy that saved the original anime or was that just a rumor?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I can't think of a single property of Toei's that actually manages to sell lots of discs aside from their movies.

Dragonball Super is unarguably more popular than Crystal and it can't even sell a thousand copies.

People who thought BD sales are important for anime like Crystal are misinformed when not every anime gets broadcast to so many different countries like Crystal. Toei also gets a lot from licensing and Crystal also helps promote expensive merch like the proplicas because the designs are almost exactly the same. Crystal will continue even if Season 4 can't sell more than 5 Blu-ray Discs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I can't think of a single property of Toei's that actually manages to sell lots of discs aside from their movies.

Dragonball Super is unarguably more popular than Crystal and it can't even sell a thousand copies.

People who thought BD sales are important for anime like Crystal are misinformed when not every anime gets broadcast to so many different countries like Crystal. Toei also gets a lot from licensing and Crystal also helps promote expensive merch like the proplicas because the designs are almost exactly the same. Crystal will continue even if Season 4 can't sell more than 5 Blu-ray Discs.

And not to mention look at the different approach to the S1-2 BD and S3 BD. In S1-2 they released 13 volumes, 2 episodes per disc, extras, limited editions, animation fixes. But when they announced S3 BD it was only 3 volumes (instead of lets say 6), no extras, no limited editions, no fixes

They just knew it wasnt worth the effort because the sales were pretty poor anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Finally going to see the Sailor Quartet animated, it is going to be so awesome. And maybe if this continues to be a success, we will get a Sailor V adaptation and my ultimate dream a direct sequel to the manga just like Dragon Ball Super.

Last edited by zttmoon on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:35 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
I don't think a sequel like DBS will appear unless Naoko provide something to Toei to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:28 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
vietthai96 wrote:
I don't think a sequel like DBS will appear unless Naoko provide something to Toei to do.

Well she doesn't have to make a new manga, just be a parternship with other writers, that is what they did with DBS. Just be a consultant and let others do the work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This is good news.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:42 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
zttmoon wrote:
Finally going to see the Sailor Quartet animated, it is going to be so awesome. And maybe if this continues to be a success, we will get a Sailor V adaptation and my ultimate a direct sequel to the manga just like Dragon Ball Super.

Maybe a Sailor Quartet + Chibi Moon spin-off? :D

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

I think what happen was this . It took them a while to decide if they were going to continues . Remember my limbo thread ? They were waiti ng to see how much the other merchandise sold ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Most likely they wanted to tie Crystal with everything else they had planned for the 25th Anniversary Celebration, which would explain the wait.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
zttmoon wrote:
Finally going to see the Sailor Quartet animated, it is going to be so awesome. And maybe if this continues to be a success, we will get a Sailor V adaptation and my ultimate a direct sequel to the manga just like Dragon Ball Super.

Maybe a Sailor Quartet + Chibi Moon spin-off? :D

Yeah that is what I thinking, that is what I want. I love to see the Sailor Quaret in their 90's anime personality go to school with Chibiusa. I remember the 90's anime had this one episode when one of them helps train Chibiusa's classmates for some sport event, love to see more of that.

One thing I like to see is manga Chibiusa's desire to grown up personality and the Sailor Quaret have their Peter Pan like 90's anime desire to want to stay young as long as possible personlaity. I think they would compliment each other well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:40 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
From 25th anniversary site.

http://www.sailormoon-official.com/25th/

Sailor Moon Crystal will have a sequel.

More information to be announced.

I see the part where you mentioned that Sailor Moon Crystal will have a sequel... does that mean a direct sequel off Sailor Moon Crystal where the writers work with Naoko or something like that or is that just referring to Season 4 (Dreams Arc)?

Other than that... we'll probably expect them to be out by late summer to winter this year or so... can't wait for Dreams arc to finally get their true manga adaption into anime and I am looking forward to Stars arc which is one more reason why I have had high hopes for Crystal!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Whooohooo !
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Zeo wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:
From 25th anniversary site.

http://www.sailormoon-official.com/25th/

Sailor Moon Crystal will have a sequel.

More information to be announced.

I see the part where you mentioned that Sailor Moon Crystal will have a sequel... does that mean a direct sequel off Sailor Moon Crystal where the writers work with Naoko or something like that or is that just referring to Season 4 (Dreams Arc)?

Other than that... we'll probably expect them to be out by late summer to winter this year or so... can't wait for Dreams arc to finally get their true manga adaption into anime and I am looking forward to Stars arc which is one more reason why I have had high hopes for Crystal!

From the last episode of SMCIII, we can see that it is Dream Arc, no matter how they call. :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
People are really overanalyzing the word 'sequel.' The Dream arc is the sequel to the Infinity arc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next