Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
give me concept art and Super Sailor Moon with a rainbow gradient skirt, please!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:09 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
NJ_ wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I also wonder about the new (I suppose) OP theme & who'll perform it - maybe its singer(s) would be among the unannounced guests? :)

Lord help us if it's Momoiro Clover Z again... :|

Oh, please, not them again...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:34 pm 
Luna
Luna
^ Oh come on, they're about the same level as the singer of the Sailor Star Song in terms of talent. They're not THAT horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
SILVER wrote:
^ Oh come on, they're about the same level as the singer of the Sailor Star Song in terms of talent. They're not THAT horrible.

True, but we only had to deal with that singer for the final season of classic. We've had Momoiro for two full seasons plus part of season 3... It seems like a theme they want to stick with at least partially, but it'd be nice to get some other talent in too.

Personally, I didn't mind their intro for season 3 but I wasn't a fan of switching the song every few episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:02 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
Wish toei hire aimer or kalafina for new OP
but it's too unrealistic P-: ^_^'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
SILVER wrote:

True, but we only had to deal with that singer for the final season of classic. We've had Momoiro for two full seasons plus part of season 3... It seems like a theme they want to stick with at least partially, but it'd be nice to get some other talent in too.

Personally, I didn't mind their intro for season 3 but I wasn't a fan of switching the song every few episodes.

I still think it's unfair to SS1-2, when they had to share the same OP and the same ED song in 26 episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:03 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^^^

I agree. I think if/when Toei does another release of Crystal on DVD/BD, they should replace the ending for the Black Moon arc episodes with the Chibiusa ending from season III, use "eternal eternity" for all the season III episodes, and put the Tuxedo Mask ending in the trash bin where it belongs. :lol:

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I just hope they continue with their good progression and fix the awful skirts and the lack of detail on the hair + bubbles.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I don't think they will change the bubbles, that's the trend nowadays. :orly: :orly: :orly:

Just design a mature style, please.

Dream is not a season for MOE.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
danilushk wrote:
Wish toei hire aimer or kalafina for new OP
but it's too unrealistic P-: ^_^'

Nakagawa Shoko (Diana in Crystal) would be realistic, & as a huge Sailor Moon fan herself, she'd be more than willing to do it if she were to be hired. And most importantly, while she's also an idol, she's one who can actually sing. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:47 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
SILVER wrote:

The girl who sang "Princess Moon" (20th anniversary tribute CD) had an excellent voice, as does Tomoko Kawase (Tommy Heavenly6).

The voices of the girls from Momoiro, in my opinion... sound very... annoying and obnoxious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:39 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I would die of happiness if they got Tommy to do the next opening and/or closing theme.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:07 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
The voices of the girls from Momoiro, in my opinion... sound very... annoying and obnoxious.

Heh, they're supposed to sound like that, even deliberately, so as to match their market positioning. lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
SILVER wrote:

The girl who sang "Princess Moon" (20th anniversary tribute CD) had an excellent voice, as does Tomoko Kawase (Tommy Heavenly6).

I suppose we can expect all of the artists involved with the 20th annivesary album considering three of them did their openings for season 3 and Nakagawa Shoko plays Diana in Crystal.

Allthough im positive Momoiro Cover Z will stay with SM (unless they'll break up or something) since they've done so many songs already (Moon Pride, New Moon, Gekkou aswell as their versions of Moonlight Densetsu, Moon Revenhe and Tuxedo Mirage)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I hate to be a party pooper, but in terms of S4 news all I'm expecting is:

* Logo
* General premiere date

I have doubts that there's going to be key art shown. Definitely no trailer... It's way too early at this point (trailers for Crystal only show up a month before premiere).

Then again, considering they haven't announced the other special guests there might be more. But we might all be assuming that the special guests are Crystal related... Who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
I think we will know the new director, or art directed at least.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 pm 
Luna
Luna
Clow wrote:
SILVER wrote:

I loved LA Soldier by Tommy heavenly6, it was the standout in the 20th anniversary CD for me and I wouldn't mind her doing the theme for Dream. I also don't mind MomoClo, I just really would like Revo back because the prog metal sound of Moon Pride was awesome and I'm hoping to return to that (even if Fall in love with the New Moon wasn't bad -it just sounded too "marching band" for my taste).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I just finished rewatching season III all the way through for the first time since it aired and I have one more request for season 4:

Let Artemis and Luna interact with the world again!

They spent all of season 3 stuck in the command center. I think there were maybe one or two scenes where they were outside of that room. Poor kitties deserve some love and fresh air! Given that one of the few things season I did right was how it developed Luna and Usagi's relationship, the fact they had almost no interaction whatsoever during season III was pretty jarring to me. Artemis has pretty much been an afterthought from the get go, but if he and Minako don't get some serious interaction before Minako's chapter/act/episode, the stuff between her and Artemis in that act is gonna fall pretty flat....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:08 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I just finished rewatching season III all the way through for the first time since it aired and I have one more request for season 4:

Let Artemis and Luna interact with the world again!

They spent all of season 3 stuck in the command center. I think there were maybe one or two scenes where they were outside of that room. Poor kitties deserve some love and fresh air! Given that one of the few things season I did right was how it developed Luna and Usagi's relationship, the fact they had almost no interaction whatsoever during season III was pretty jarring to me. Artemis has pretty much been an afterthought from the get go, but if he and Minako don't get some serious interaction before Minako's chapter/act/episode, the stuff between her and Artemis in that act is gonna fall pretty flat....
We definitely see the cats outside of the base more often in the Yume arc. Artemis in particular is seen with Minako during her big fight moment at the Dead Moon Circus, so there's at least that to look forward to.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:04 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
NJ_ wrote:
Since it hasn't been mentioned, that Crystal screening is supposed to have other unannounced guests as well.

https://twitter.com/aers00/status/869496970800320514

Quote:
Day 1: Crystal 27 + R Movie, guests mitsuishi + "Special Guests"

http://sailormoon-official.com/informat ... hday_r.php

Those other guests are Shizuka Itō (Sailor Venus) & Hotaru Nomoto (Sailor Moon from the current musicals).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:23 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Crystal Season 3 Opening Song was the only Sailormoon Opening Song I ever had to forward through because it was so terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm 
Luna
Luna
NeoKingEndymion wrote:
Crystal Season 3 Opening Song was the only Sailormoon Opening Song I ever had to forward through because it was so terrible.

How creative, another needless bashing post *yawn*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SILVER wrote:
NeoKingEndymion wrote:

How creative, another needless bashing post *yawn*

Yeah....

NeoKingEndymion, you're entitled to your opinion about the season 3 opening song, but this is not the thread to be discussing it. This thread is for news/opinions/speculation on the new Crystal season, not for discussion on season 3...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Yes, John, thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I want some sort of news at least! We're getting close though to June 30th, hoping for at least a key visual.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
HeartWarrior wrote:
We're getting close though to June 30th, hoping for at least a key visual.

That could start a new round of heated arguments on artistic styles here. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:58 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Ikuhara was one who made Outers heartless ☹es in original S anime? If he did, then i dont want him to get back, Haruka and Michiru in original S anime are main reason i despise that season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kamil88 wrote:
Ikuhara was one who made Outers heartless ☹es in original S anime? If he did, then i dont want him to get back, Haruka and Michiru in original S anime are main reason i despise that season.

Yeah, but even if Ikuhara came back (which seems reeeally doubtful) he'd have to abide by Crystal's format, which seems to strive to be about 85-90% accurate to the manga, panel-by-panel. Not a lot of wiggle room to make anyone look good or bad.

I think it'd actually be kind of funny if he directed the Dream Arc. He apparently had such a hatred for Chiba, and he'd be directing the main arc that really develops Chiba's character and significance as Earth's guardian. Buahaha. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
foenyanko wrote:
kamil88 wrote:

Yeah, but even if Ikuhara came back (which seems reeeally doubtful) he'd have to abide by Crystal's format, which seems to strive to be about 85-90% accurate to the manga, panel-by-panel. Not a lot of wiggle room to make anyone look good or bad.

I think it'd actually be kind of funny if he directed the Dream Arc. He apparently had such a hatred for Chiba, and he'd be directing the main arc that really develops Chiba's character and significance as Earth's guardian. Buahaha. :lol:

Your forgetting that directors have control of what happened. In fact, Kon was the reason we had the style to be cutsey.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
imaginationgirl wrote:
foenyanko wrote:
kamil88 wrote:

Your forgetting that directors have control of what happened. In fact, Kon was the reason we had the style to be cutsey.

There's a big difference between determining an animation style and going off the rails plotwise after 3 arcs of nearly perfect manga-to-anime matching. I mean, a few snarky comments or facial expressions would be one thing, but beyond that major changes to characters seem unlikely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next