Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Season 4 - changes from Manga that you would welcome?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:16 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I agree about the dialogue in Stars, they can pursue their Dreams and protect Usagi too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I agree about the dialogue in Stars, they can pursue their Dreams and protect Usagi too.

My sentiments exactly it always bugged me to no end how the manga seemed to have this idea that all of the Senshi must sacrifice their hopes, dreams and romance to protect Usagi. The only Senshi exempt from this is Haruka and Michiru as they are following their dreams. Haruka is a racecar driver, Michiru is a artist and musician and they are in a committed relationship with one another. The other Senshi deserve that as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:45 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Season 4 is the Dream arc, but unlike the 90s anime, it's already been confirmed since late last year that the outer Senshis will also be included in the Dream arc in Crystal, and there will be less focus on Chibiusa this time, thank goodness for that!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Season 4 is the Dream arc, but unlike the 90s anime, it's already been confirmed since late last year that the outer Senshis will also be included in the Dream arc in Crystal, and there will be less focus on Chibiusa this time, thank goodness for that!

I am very happy for this I can't wait to see the Dream arc done in a much better way then SuperS was like seeing the Outer Senshi come back in this season like the should have in the 90s anime and got their Super forms as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:38 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
MariaTenebre wrote:
SailorLinda1 wrote:

I am very happy for this I can't wait to see the Dream arc done in a much better way then SuperS was like seeing the Outer Senshi come back in this season like the should have in the 90s anime and got their Super forms as well.

I agree with the both of you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:02 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Am I the only one that thinks that had hotaru confessed her love to chibiusa?? I've been worried this whole time about how they'd handle that love triangle next season .. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 am 
Stella
Stella
Cloud wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that had hotaru confessed her love to chibiusa?? I've been worried this whole time about how they'd handle that love triangle next season .. :ohdear:

I don't think that Hotaru was ever in love with Chibiusa romantically they basically saw each other as best friends and had more of a sisterly dynamic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:29 am 
inactive
I agree, Hotaru and Chibiusa always gave me that bestfriends and sisterly vibe, and nothing romantic at all, they love each other as best friends and are even like sisters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I feel the complete opposite. I think Hotaru is in love with Chibiusa and vice versa.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:22 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I always saw Hotaru and Chibi-Usa like how Rei and Usagi's were in the 90s anime but Hotaru is way more reserved in attitude than Rei though (Well when she isn't trying to destroy worlds in stuff).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I feel the complete opposite. I think Hotaru is in love with Chibiusa and vice versa.

Same here! I actually thought Crystal made that even more apparent, at least as far as Hotaru's feelings for Chibiusa were concerned.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:08 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:

That isn't really true. After all Chibiusa's canon boyfriend is Helios. She and Hotaru never show romantic interest in each other. If they did I am sure that Hotaru would have had an issue with Helios.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:32 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
MariaTenebre wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

That isn't really true. After all Chibiusa's canon boyfriend is Helios. She and Hotaru never show romantic interest in each other. If they did I am sure that Hotaru would have had an issue with Helios.

Indeed. Chibiusa and Hotaru are simply really good friends. Very close but not romantic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: gotta go fast
Cloud wrote:

well I think it's more of a sisterly kind of love that best friends share so the whole Hotaru and Chibi yuri thing is

Attachments:
tumblr_n0o0mrTX481qmdkcso1_500.gif
tumblr_n0o0mrTX481qmdkcso1_500.gif [ 617.33 KiB | Viewed 1734 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:58 am 
Stella
Stella
Again if Chibiusa is in love with Hotaru then she treated her pretty badly by falling in love with Helios.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I never understand where people the romance is coming from . I always saw Chibiusa , and Helious more likely . Than hotaru , and Chibusa . When I first red the manga , and watch Crystal . Their bond seems to be more sisterly than everything.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:07 am 
Stella
Stella
imaginationgirl wrote:
I never understand where people the romance is coming from . I always saw Chibiusa , and Helious more likely . Than hotaru , and Chibusa . When I first red the manga , and watch Crystal . Their bond seems to be more sisterly than everything.

Yeah it has pretty much been established in all canons that Helios is Chibiusa's destined love. Sorry Chibiusa/Hotaru fans, Chibiusa/Perle fans and Chibiusa/Anshar fans but Chibiusa's love is Helios.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Don't make Chibiusa and Hotaru lesbians, please :googly: :googly: :googly: It's just that they have the first friend in their whole life (especially for Chibiusa, who is 900 years old) :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:54 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Nowhere is Helios Chibiusa's "canon boyfriend." Are you purposely ignoring the fact that, you know, he's a PRIEST? Yes they share a kiss or two, and Chibiusa feels some kind of way about him, but the Dream arc is partly about her going through puberty and becoming a woman, so it's not unusual that we see her explore her feelings/sexuality a bit. But that doesn't make Helios her soulmate and it doesn't rule out Chibiusa and Hotaru being a (potential) couple. I love how certain people will argue that Kunzite and Zoisite are a couple in the manga because of one panel where they're sitting together in a certain pose, but Chibiusa and Hotaru holding hands, declaring that their meeting was destiny, grabbing each other's breasts, and pretty much always being drawn together in illustrations doesn't mean anything besides friendship. SureJan.gif

MariaTenebre wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

I didn't say they were definitely, 100%, author-confirmed-to-be a couple; I said I FEEL/THINK that they are, so you can't say "that isn't really true." Furthermore, again, Helios is NOT Chibiusa's "canon boyfriend." Do they go on any dates? No. Do they call each other boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/soulmate? No. Do we even see, hear from, or hear about Helios EVER during Stars? No.

Do Chibiusa and Hotaru show romantic interest in each other? There's no yes or no answer; it's a matter of interpretation.

I don't know why you'd assume Hotaru would have had an issue with Helios. Hotaru was a little girl/not present for like half of Dream, and the rest of the time she was busy fighting the Dead Moon Circus. Where exactly would she have had time to learn of Chibiusa's interest in Helios and get jealous over it? Why assume she'd get jealous? Did we see Neptune get jealous about Uranus kissing and crushing on Usagi? No.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:53 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Nowhere is Helios Chibiusa's "canon boyfriend." Are you purposely ignoring the fact that, you know, he's a PRIEST? Yes they share a kiss or two, and Chibiusa feels some kind of way about him, but the Dream arc is partly about her going through puberty and becoming a woman, so it's not unusual that we see her explore her feelings/sexuality a bit. But that doesn't make Helios her soulmate and it doesn't rule out Chibiusa and Hotaru being a (potential) couple. I love how certain people will argue that Kunzite and Zoisite are a couple in the manga because of one panel where they're sitting together in a certain pose, but Chibiusa and Hotaru holding hands, declaring that their meeting was destiny, grabbing each other's breasts, and pretty much always being drawn together in illustrations doesn't mean anything besides friendship. SureJan.gif

MariaTenebre wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

I didn't say they were definitely, 100%, author-confirmed-to-be a couple; I said I FEEL/THINK that they are, so you can't say "that isn't really true." Furthermore, again, Helios is NOT Chibiusa's "canon boyfriend." Do they go on any dates? No. Do they call each other boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/soulmate? No. Do we even see, hear from, or hear about Helios EVER during Stars? No.

Do Chibiusa and Hotaru show romantic interest in each other? There's no yes or no answer; it's a matter of interpretation.

I don't know why you'd assume Hotaru would have had an issue with Helios. Hotaru was a little girl/not present for like half of Dream, and the rest of the time she was busy fighting the Dead Moon Circus. Where exactly would she have had time to learn of Chibiusa's interest in Helios and get jealous over it? Why assume she'd get jealous? Did we see Neptune get jealous about Uranus kissing and crushing on Usagi? No.

Omg what did I start hahaha I love this point though.

I feel like Crystal is taking a different spin on certain aspects of the series and did make it a point that Hotaru has romantic feelings for chibiusa, whatever that may mean for her age bracket. But it's still all up for interpretation and we'll see how they handle the next two seasons :)

I just love when people fall in love with people, regardless of gender. Millennial thinking I guess. =^_^=

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:

I don't understand why some fans get really freaked out by Hotaru and Chibiusa. No one seems to think it's a big deal that Tomoyo has a crush on Sakura in Cardcaptor Sakura and even Sakura gets crushes on other girls in that series but for some reason, some Sailor Moon fans seem to have this out-dated idea that homosexual feelings is something you can only have at an older age. Yet everyone is fine with Chibiusa having feelings for a magical talking horse at the same age too?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I just got a friendship vibe from them. Maybe I'm just sick of everyone and their dog being shipped with someone else no matter where you turn but, to me, I just saw two girls developing a close friendship.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:

MariaTenebre wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

o.

. Where exactly would she have had time to learn of Chibiusa's interest in Helios and get jealous over it? Why assume she'd get jealous? Did we see Neptune get jealous about Uranus kissing and crushing on Usagi? No.

Neptune was not even there when Haruka kiss Usagi. She probably doesn't know about the kiss.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
I just got a friendship vibe from them. Maybe I'm just sick of everyone and their dog being shipped with someone else no matter where you turn but, to me, I just saw two girls developing a close friendship.
Ironic since in the canon Chibiusa falls for a horse...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:08 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well if Hotaru reacts to Chibiusa and Heilos, the way Haruk reacts to seeing Usagi and Mamoru, I will be happy, it would also show some parential influnce on the kids.

Last edited by zttmoon on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
In all honesty though, other than splitting the acts up and maybe changing the flow of some fight scenes, I'm not expecting any major changes from the manga.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
I like the idea of splitting up all the acts in the Dream arc into two episodes. I think it could work well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:45 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Neon Genesis wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:

Indeed that was an ironic choice of words, wasn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:32 am 
inactive
Neon Genesis wrote:

well not quite, Pegasus may be a horse but it's not his true form, Helios originally has a human-like form before his spirit turns into a winged-horse (actually a unicorn) and escapes into Chibiusa's dreams. So technically Chibiusa fell in love with a human entity who temporarily disguised himself as a unicorn.

But I get what you mean, when Chibiusa fell for Helios/Pegasus he was still in his unicorn form and she did not know about his true form until the very end of Super S

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:39 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:

MariaTenebre wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Actually yes Helios is pretty much Chibiusa's canon man their love is directly stated to parallel Usagi and Mamoru's and it is very suggestive when Helios tells her in the arc that he will meet up with her again in the future. Also I don't know why you are saying that just because he is a priest that stops him from being in a relationship. There are many religions that allow priests to marry and have romantic lives.

Also if Hotaru was truly interested in Chibiusa you would think she would have brought it to her attention while Chibiusa and Helios are going gaga for one another. As for Michiru not getting jealous over Haruka kissing Usagi again you are talking to someone who hates the kiss between Haruka and Usagi. It was just a way to use Haruka and Michiru's relationship to make Usagi and Mamoru's look better and stable. However it could be argued that Haruka and Michiru have an open relationship. Again there is no evidence of any sort of romantic relationship between Hotaru and Chibiusa. There probably is as much for them as there is for Usagi and Rei in the 90s anime.