Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What About Princess Kaguya?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:42 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
So is Crystal going to completely skip the Princess Kaguya sidestory and go straight into season four? I know we already got it adapted as the S movie but the manga has enough differences that I'd love to see an updated adaptation, especially if they could do it either as a movie or OVA with a higher animation budget than the series. They did give us a small glimpse of Human Luna way back in the season one finale but I should still think covering her appearance in Princess Kaguya would be kind of important for the Dream arc. I'd also love to see all the Exam Battles adapted since don't they also take place before Dream?

Post subject: Re: What About Princess Kaguya?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:39 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
So is Crystal going to completely skip the Princess Kaguya sidestory and go straight into season four? I know we already got it adapted as the S movie but the manga has enough differences that I'd love to see an updated adaptation, especially if they could do it either as a movie or OVA with a higher animation budget than the series. They did give us a small glimpse of Human Luna way back in the season one finale but I should still think covering her appearance in Princess Kaguya would be kind of important for the Dream arc. I'd also love to see all the Exam Battles adapted since don't they also take place before Dream?

I hope we get everything from the manga put in Crystal including the Princess Snow Kaguya story. I would especially like to see Parallel Sailor Moon adapted to see what the Parallel Senshi look like in color.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Honestly, I would much rather Crystal adapt stories we haven't even seen animated yet (Casablanca Memories, two of Chibiusa's Picture Diaries, Rei/Minako's Exam Battle, Makoto's Exam Battle, Codename: Sailor V, heck even Parallel Sailor Moon) before they adapt something like the Lover of Princess Kaguya.

Also, if they ever do a Crystal movie I'd rather it be an original story. Naoko can contribute the general plot and character designs just like she did for the SuperS Movie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:19 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I haven't seen any indication that they plan to cover side stories before the rest of the series (or at all, really). It's too bad they haven't because there should already be a couple of Chibi Usa's Diary by now, including my favorite, the one on the Tanabata Festival. It's also too bad they didn't start off with Sailor V, but I don't see it happening at all regardless. :(

I would definitely LOVE to see Lover of Kaguya as a movie, although imo the SMS movie did a better job on it than the manga.

At any rate, the second release of the manga series collected all the short stories after the end of the series, so maybe SMC will follow that same pattern. So who knows? It's still too early to tell.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
That's what I'm thinking as well that they might wait till after the series is done to adapt the specials. I mean, would Toei pass up on the chance to make a quick extra buck from adapting the specials too?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:22 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
TS Sailor Cronus wrote:
I haven't seen any indication that they plan to cover side stories before the rest of the series (or at all, really). It's too bad they haven't because there should already be a couple of Chibi Usa's Diary by now, including my favorite, the one on the Tanabata Festival. It's also too bad they didn't start off with Sailor V, but I don't see it happening at all regardless. :(

I would definitely LOVE to see Lover of Kaguya as a movie, although imo the SMS movie did a better job on it than the manga.

At any rate, the second release of the manga series collected all the short stories after the end of the series, so maybe SMC will follow that same pattern. So who knows? It's still too early to tell.

Yeah I too think that the Sailor Moon S movie did a better job then the manga and I also agree with Seira Hazuki that I would love to see them adapt stories that have never been animated like the Exam Battles, Chibiusa's Picture Diaries, Casablanca Memory, Parallel Sailor Moon etc. Especially Parallel Sailor Moon as I would love to see what the Parallel Senshi look like in full color.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:41 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I hope Toei put them into some kind of OVA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:10 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:

I think there is no need to adapt the story . Reason it's a side story . It story that's an extra story , and doesn't fit the continuity.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sure hope we get it adapted eventually, as well as all of the other side-stories, as well as Codename Sailor V!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:06 am 
Stella
Stella
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I think there is no need to adapt the story . Reason it's a side story . It story that's an extra story , and doesn't fit the continuity.

It can fit the continuity and I personally hope they adapt all of the side stories. In fact Casablanca Memories definitely fits in the canon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
The original S movie is more argumentative on this but I don't see why it would be a problem with a manga faithful adaptation of it. Doesn't the Princess Kaguya side story take place directly after the Infinity arc in the manga?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
The original S movie is more argumentative on this but I don't see why it would be a problem with a manga faithful adaptation of it. Doesn't the Princess Kaguya side story take place directly after the Infinity arc in the manga?

Im pretty sure it doesnt fit at all because some facts contradict with eachother. It cant be placed within the manga continuity

Besides id rather see other never before animated manga chapters/stories before something we have already and in pretty faithful adaptation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

It doesn't take place any where . Its a side story meant for fun , and not in the main continuity . Since there celebrating Makoto, and Mina s birthday . It takes place in winter . The Death Buster s arc is in Spring . So there is the big contradiction .You can try to force it in I guess.
Attachment:
007 (12).jpg
007 (12).jpg [ 70.68 KiB | Viewed 2291 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Minako's birthday is October 22nd, and Mako's is December 5th. It seems strange they would celebrate their birthdays together... unless, Takeuchi was making a reference to the fact their voice actresses, Rika Fukumi and Emi Shinobara both share the same birthday. However, their birthday is August 3rd... which is nowhere near winter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:09 am 
Stella
Stella
Umino wrote:
Minako's birthday is October 22nd, and Mako's is December 5th. It seems strange they would celebrate their birthdays together... unless, Takeuchi was making a reference to the fact their voice actresses, Rika Fukumi and Emi Shinobara both share the same birthday. However, their birthday is August 3rd... which is nowhere near winter.

It's weird maybe just for that year Makoto and Minako decided to have one big mega party for each other.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
I personally think it would be interesting try to create it as a off canon mini series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:17 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SM458 wrote:
I personally think it would be interesting try to create it as a off canon mini series.

That'd require additional contents to the original manga story, which could be interesting, but again, provided they'd do it right. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:10 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I think it would great if they redid Ami's First Love. Doesn't it take place in the Infinity arc?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: 田中れいな押し。
MariaTenebre wrote:
Umino wrote:

It's weird maybe just for that year Makoto and Minako decided to have one big mega party for each other.

I would just assume it was in November, somewhere in the middle of their birthdays? Better off doing a two-for-one, because you never know when the next battle is... plus they have personal lives, with school, hobbies, studying, etc.