Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Has Crystal disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cierra Moon wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
I liked Venus killing Beryl because of how different and unique that idea was. In a lot of fantasy fiction, it usually seems to be the main character that defeats the main villain. Having Venus be the one who does it is just something you didn't expect and I feel like cements her role as the leader of the Sailor Guardians. And I think it's sometimes forgotten that Venus is the one who's the actual leader and not Sailor Moon.

True, and also, I find it a bit symbolic how Venus, the Goddess of Love, defeated Queen Beryl, who had an unrequited love for Endymion and the desire to rule the Earth with him and have him all to herself.

Hence that scene symbolically shows that the goddess of love didn't approve Beryl's version of "love" for Endymion & didn't see it as genuine love at all. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:40 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Isn't Sailor Moon associated with love too? Or as she says love and Justice? I can kinda see them swaying toward Sailor Moon killing Beryl since Mamoru is Usagi's man. It would have been interesting for Venus to kill Beryl tho....but with the Inner Senshi not killing any of the generals, they certainly weren't going to give Venus THAT much opportunity to shine. This ain't her show. Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:53 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Isn't Sailor Moon associated with love too? Or as she says love and Justice? I can kinda see them swaying toward Sailor Moon killing Beryl since Mamoru is Usagi's man. It would have been interesting for Venus to kill Beryl tho....but with the Inner Senshi not killing any of the generals, they certainly weren't going to give Venus THAT much opportunity to shine. This ain't her show. Lol.

Actually that is a very good point. Since the Generals lived that meant that the others didn't get those kills, although they did have some very impressive battles against the Generals. In the manga, everyone but Mercury had had a major kill so Venus having this kill didn't feel so odd. Crystal changing it to Moon makes more sense now. Although destroying the necklace is still odd but then again, the Generals turn into stones when killed. Maybe it's a Dark Kindgom thing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:57 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ And even beryl itself is a stone. lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:15 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I have always thought that killing Beryl by destroying her necklace was just a way to censor her death. It's less graphic than piercing her with a sword.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MoonRaito wrote:
I have always thought that killing Beryl by destroying her necklace was just a way to censor her death. It's less graphic than piercing her with a sword.

I think so too, & it's not the only censored/watered-down scene in Crystal. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What I really wish is to get a glimpse of some other Senshi. I'm really curious about Sailor Mermaid and her transformation. I know well never get to see her though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
What I really wish is to get a glimpse of some other Senshi. I'm really curious about Sailor Mermaid and her transformation. I know well never get to see her though.

Then those fans who can should produce animations of such transformations by themselves. :D

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
I didnt like the first season. The animation was a bit odd. Usagi's transformation aint that bad but Mercury's wasnt nice to see (especially the water droplets).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:

I feel like this belongs to this thread.

I feel like ive seen this before.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:07 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^^^^ This cracks me up every time I see it. Hahahaha. It's that I don't have anything else to do today face.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:14 am 
Stella
Stella
Yeah that face is so poorly drawn. They really should have done better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
Yeah that face is so poorly drawn. They really should have done better.

I seriously wish someone would make a garage kit outta it - could become a huge cult item! :D

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:40 pm 
Luna
Luna
it looks like the animator was focusing for 80% of it and then half assed the remaining 20.

btw, it got a fix:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/b3d5acf5819ad804c508563a26da947c/tumblr_owyh9iZoBV1wubtq9o1_1280.png

But y'all conveniently forget about it because you want to be shady....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 pm 
Stella
Stella
Oh the fix looks so much better. Usagi looks really nice there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
Oh the fix looks so much better. Usagi looks really nice there.

Yup :smug:

I defend Crystal but the frame was horrible beforehand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:50 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SILVER wrote:

That vividly shows the facial difference between the real Usagi & Usagi-bot. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Yeah, I like the fix better than Droid Usagi.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:33 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Sadly those fixes won't be readily available to the public unless someone uploads it in the internet like sailormoon.xyz. :ohdear:

Also there's one thing that can't be fix. The :yawn: music of S1/S2.

So glad S3 had better music especially the opening and ending songs. ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm 
Luna
Luna
rgveda99 wrote:
Sadly those fixes won't be readily available to the public unless someone uploads it in the internet like sailormoon.xyz. :ohdear:

Also there's one thing that can't be fix. The :yawn: music of S1/S2.

So glad S3 had better music especially the opening and ending songs. ^_^

... except that the corrected versions are already uploaded by Hulu?
For both the English and the Japanese dub?

The JP broadcast may be a different issue, but in the United States and the other places the series aired the Blue-Ray version with the fixes is used so your point about it being something dependent on some obscure fanzine that illegally uploads the episodes makes absolutely no sense.

Music wise, the openings/endings of 3 were better simply because there were more to choose from. My problem with Season 3 were the terrible sound effects used, especially in a dramatic scene where you'd get stock footage pasted together and these dull sounding beeps and bloops.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:13 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
SILVER wrote:
The JP broadcast may be a different issue, but in the United States and the other places the series aired the Blue-Ray version with the fixes is used so your point about it being something dependent on some obscure fanzine that illegally uploads the episodes makes absolutely no sense.

Is it available for the southeast asian market?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
SILVER wrote:

In my country (Vietnam), and Thailand, they air bluray version on TV.
So no one really cares those that infamous frames. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Crystal Moon wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
SILVER wrote:

I guess rgveda99 was talking about the Philippines - BTW, they outsourced a studio over there to work on the animation of Crystal. lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^^^ Lol A mess.

I noticed too that the sound effects in season 3 sounded 'clunky' if that makes sense. I can't remember if the Senshi kept their iconic sounds for transformations.

Season 3 should have ditched the star wants and lets them do hand gestures like in PGSM. I did like towards the end they switched how they transformed a little.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:13 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

I guess rgveda99 was talking about the Philippines - BTW, they outsourced a studio over there to work on the animation of Crystal. lol

Our region was blocked from watching it during its launch in Crunchroll. P-:

I just used Niconico to watch it that time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:32 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
I was disappointed with seasons 1 & 2. I found the animation to lack fluidity and sometimes the coloring/shading was off to me (especially with NQS- the shape of her dress, the movement and the coloring of her hair just looked kind of washed out a lot of the time and I would have preferred either yellow hair like the 90's or a more silver-toned hair color like Queen Serenity- it just never looked as clean and elegant as I would have wanted), and the pacing wasn't right.

I really disliked the CG transformations, along with the carbon copies of the 90's transformations. I know they're re-creating the old stuff to appeal to nostalgia but I wanted something different, well done and iconic- perhaps a more elaborate version of the Manga transformations where they throw their transformation pens in the air and cross their arms!

I actually enjoyed Season 3, I liked the animation and the character designs, and while the transformations are close to being carbon copies of the 90's anime I liked the changes they made, except for some of the sounds and how they kind of watered down some parts of them (like how we barely notice the Outer's lipstick appearing when they transform) also hate the way their legs looked when they transform, like Usagi's knees just look weird when her boots appear imo. I wish something more 'powerful' would have been done. I know they don't look a whole lot like the Manga artwork, but I prefer good animation and beautiful imagery over an exact manga likeness, and I like the way they looked in season 3 anyway! I, however, cannot look away when Super Moon transforms- her skirt looks so lumpy and lopsided! Infinity Arc Super Sailor Moon is my favorite form, and I'm sad they messed it up.

Really wanted to see something new for the inner transformations!

I REALLY liked the new attack sequences, especially Wink Chain Sword! They were fresh and interesting to watch imo.

Almost all of Saturn's scenes were awesome. Overall I loved Season Three, they added a lot of interesting things to the mix (i love the opening so much) and it was refreshing, with a few things that I thought were bland and could have been better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:22 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
You mean when their feet look sharp like knives when they transform!!!! Lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:51 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

90's :minako: would win the award for senshi having the most razor sharp shoes. And this was supposed to be SuperS quality animation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:20 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Not so much that part, just the way the legs (especially the knees) look so strange during the transformation sequences! They have such a strange shape and the details on the knees look weird to me :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Season 1: "Disappointed" would be an understatement. Between the abysmal animation (yes, yes, it was improved for the blu-ray but after Act 3 it really wasn't that much better), the erratic pacing of the manga not translating well into anime form, and the changes they made from the manga that hurt the series overall (looking at you, ShitennouxSenshi subplot), it got to a point where I just had to stop. I only resumed because I heard that Season 2 was an improvement. And that's not even getting into how no one seems to have a personality (partially the manga's fault, mostly Toei's imo).

Season 2: I guess I wanna say I was lukewarm with season 2? I mean it was an improvement in terms of the writing/story, but the series really had nowhere to go but up. Not necessarily "disappointed", but... meh. Tbh I was never too crazy about the Black Moon arc, so this season was never going to thrill me anyway.

Season 3: Not disappointed. Hell, I actually managed to enjoy this season. At this point Crystal has taught me to keep my expectations as low as possible. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5