Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Has Crystal disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I feel maybe they should do a story different from the manga. Then no one knows what to except.

Post subject: Re: Has Crystal disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Honestly, in some ways , yes but not really too much. I usually go by replay value and I've watched S3 more than once, and Ive watched S2 more than S1. I can't say that I hate it though. Some things could have been better as far as story improvements but I think as far as seeing the manga come to life, it's pretty good. Disappointed by S1 treatment though but perhaps it was because they weren't sure if it would be popular still...idk.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:18 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
I don't mind that Crystal is following so closely to the manga, because there are many fans who have only watched the 90s anime and grew up watching it so they are only familiar with the storylines and how things were in the 90s anime. But many things were changed in the 90s anime, so much so that many of the aspects in the 90s anime were very different to the manga. So Crystal gives these fans a chance to familiarize themselves with the manga, and see how things originally are suppose to be, it's so different to the 90s anime in many ways. And I think it's great that we have both the 90s anime and Crystal, because there are many fans who still prefer the 90s anime, and then there are also fans who are more 'purists' or prefer the original storylines & aspects of the manga, and that's what Crystal is for, so whether you prefer the 90s anime or Crystal, there's something for every SM fan.
Even though Crystal is not really an exact carbon copy of the original manga, they did still change a few things and had some minor alterations itself, but compared to the 90s anime, Crystal is still much more faithful to the manga.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
S1 - Yes
S2-3 - Not really
S4 - Don't think it will
S5 (if they work on it) - Yes, and it will be worse than S1 and 90s Stars because this arc sucked in the manga, badly, and nothing will change that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:39 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
S5 (if they work on it) - Yes, and it will be worse than S1 and 90s Stars because this arc sucked in the manga, badly, and nothing will change that.

I liked it... :blue:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:51 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Dark Kingdom - major disappointment :|

Black Moon - Improvement over Dark Kingdom but overall meh to me :neutral:

Infinity - improvement over black moon but overall meh to me as well :neutral:

season 4/5 - hoping for overall all improvement

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:09 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I was only truly disappointed by the lack of true resolution to the Senshi and Shitennou romance. Other than that, I can't really think of anything that disappointed me. I might have done a few things differently but I think Crystal is doing a fine job on the whole.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
majorly but that's mostly because of the terrible artwork and I did find it boring at parts

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Season 1, yes, a bit, but to be fair, the first arc of the manga is very experimental... Naoko was still developing her characters and ideas. I loved season 2 and I think season 3 of Crystal is fantastic and even superior to the S season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It wasn't a disappointment because it followed the manga. It was a disappointment because of the janky animation and poorly developed characters.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I would say there are aspects I wish they did better like the Guardians' and the Generals' relationship and the animation quality at times, but even with season one with all it's problems, I still enjoyed it as a whole and Crystal still has as much replay value as the 90s anime does for me. I think Crystal already improved a lot in season two and it just keeps getting better with each season though there are still some issues. But none of the versions of Sailor Moon are perfect and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
It disappointed me,but just because of lack of fillers that i saw back at 90s animes and liked..
I also don't like the cgi's very much,but that's tolerable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SS1: It's OK except Act.10, 12 and 13. They did their past live in Silver Millennium and the last battle with Queen Beryl so well in Sailor Moon 90's. And I couldn't just forgive the powerpoint style of Act.13. :supercry:
SS2: Act.21. It's just boring. Our guardians didn't do anything. They just talked and talked. Even our beautiful Queen couldn't save the episode.
SS3: Act.38 (the last episode), because of the long recap at the beginning. That's all. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I feel like this belongs to this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
And this

**** Act 12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
NJ_ wrote:
And this

**** Act 12

That's one good reason for S1 to not have fillers. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:00 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Maraviollantes wrote:

I feel like this belongs to this thread.

OMG!!! Hahhaha!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:25 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Season 1 - Yes

Season 2 - Yes

Season 3 - Yes

Seasons 4 & 5 - Probably

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:47 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Only Season 1 - For stupid changes with generals and last 2 Acts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
Swan Cat wrote:
I feel maybe they should do a story different from the manga. Then no one knows what to except.

Honestly that was never going to happen . Let me explain anime is not the same anymore . Anime today follows the manga and usually don't add a new story line. ( excluding Dragon Ball Supper but that was made after Dragon ball z kai)The manga only had five arcs .Which the 90 s anime already had. Second animes now follows the manga closely.So either way we were never going get a new story line. We might get one after crystal, but only after is done.

As for dissapointed the only thing was how the senshi x shitenou was handel. I'm big fan of it , but episode twelve could been wriitten way better . Either than that i'm not too disappointed . I enjoy sailor moon crystal.I guess oe thing they irk me in seaso 3 was how they lazily copy 90 s anime transformations, and attacks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:34 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
No it hasn't. Yes, there were some down points in it, and there were areas that diverted a little from the manga. But ever since I've read the manga, I had wanted a more faithful adaptation of it. We already have the less faithful 90s anime to fall back on if people prefer it over Crystal, but I still want to see it finished.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 am 
Stella
Stella
It was a disappointment for me. I for one did not want a 100% faithful act for act adaptation for the manga which even Crystal failed to be. I would have been fine if they were more faithful then say the 90s anime was but I would have also liked some filler, character development, characterization, world building and expanding on plots, characters and ideas that weren't really expanded upon especially the villains. The villains on the most part have no real personality, characterization or development other then "ooh look how evil I am." The high ranking Youma Thetis from the 90s first season had more of these things in her short episode the many of the manga villains had at all. I would have liked something more akin to PGSM. Something that was more faithful to the manga but added, filler, character development, characterization and even new stuff to make the series fresh. I would have loved to see new Senshi for instance even though I wasn't really happy with the Sailor Luna stuff in PGSM. It would have made more sense to say make Hina Kusaka into Sailor Sun that would have been an interesting story.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
MariaTenebre wrote:
It was a disappointment for me. I for one did not want a 100% faithful act for act adaptation for the manga which even Crystal failed to be. I would have been fine if they were more faithful then say the 90s anime was but I would have also liked some filler, character development, characterization, world building and expanding on plots, characters and ideas that weren't really expanded upon especially the villains. The villains on the most part have no real personality, characterization or development other then "ooh look how evil I am." The high ranking Youma Thetis from the 90s first season had more of these things in her short episode the many of the manga villains had at all. I would have liked something more akin to PGSM. Something that was more faithful to the manga but added, filler, character development, characterization and even new stuff to make the series fresh. I would have loved to see new Senshi for instance even though I wasn't really happy with the Sailor Luna stuff in PGSM. It would have made more sense to say make Hina Kusaka into Sailor Sun that would have been an interesting story.

I agree MariaTenebre even Professor Tomoe was poorly written he came out as nothing more than a MOTD in Crystal and as soon as the CGI transformations started I hated the series even more (I Hate CGI with the exception of Transformers Beast Wars and ReBoot), the artwork was Ugly, Rushed and as Rose has stated a few times you could probably sneeze on the Senshi and they would be finished off (that was also why I hated Dragonball GT all the characters were weak and everything was ripped from the original DB).

in the 90s Anime you knew Professor Tomoe or Dr. Tomoe in the original dub was the main threat until later on when Pharaoh 90 was introduced

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:36 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
In some ways yes it did. I was disappointed they didn't even bother to bring back the original Sailor Senshi voice seiyuu and Tuxedo Mask's seiyuu. I'm also disappointed that they changed the opening from Moonlight Densetsu to Moon Pride. I also hated how seasons 1 and 2 cut out the funny moments. :o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:48 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
MariaTenebre wrote:

This is something I agree on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NeoQueenSerenity18 wrote:
In some ways yes it did. I was disappointed they didn't even bother to bring back the original Sailor Senshi voice seiyuu and Tuxedo Mask's seiyuu. I'm also disappointed that they changed the opening from Moonlight Densetsu to Moon Pride. I also hated how seasons 1 and 2 cut out the funny moments. :o

yeah it was way too serious I fell in love with Sailor Moon because it was fun to watch (especially Usagi's clumsiness in the 90s anime)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:25 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Oh joy, ANOTHER Crystal bashing thread. I feel like people are finding new ways to start threads bashing Crystal just by slightly rewording things.
But I'll bite. No, Crystal has not disappointed me, and honestly? It's because I had no expectations going in. I was honestly just happy to get more Sailor Moon. Is it perfect? No. But personally I really enjoy finally getting a faithful adaptation of the manga. I'm really looking forward to Dream, and hope they don't decide they go in a filler direction the way a lot of the fandom seems to. Frankly I've always dreamed of seeing Dream and Stars done faithfully to the manga, pun intended. If I want 150 plus MOTD filler episodes, I'll just watch the 90s anime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
So, they clearly stated this would be a faithful adaptation of the original work and people feel disappointed because it turns out to be a faithful adaptation of the manga :googly: :googly:

Disappointment : The emotion felt when a strongly held expectation is not met.

So, what exactly were your expectations here? Oh yes : filler, monster of the day, moonlight densetsu. Someone will add the Majaiku tree to top it off.

Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
They said in the early interviews that they wanted to make an adaptation of the manga that would appeal to mothers and their daughters so they could watch it together. They said they wanted it to appeal to both new fans and old time fans but never said anything about how faithful it would be. If anything, their early interviews seemed to imply they wanted to do more original stories, but something happened and it didn't pan out for whatever reason. Why add in the Generals' romance if they only wanted to be faithful? We all know Naoko is a big purist herself so I wouldn't be surprised if she had something to do with how the Generals' story turned out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:45 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
The first season kinda disappointed me in a way, because I knew what was coming. Half of season 2 (a little bit), but it saved itself. 3 did it for me, I didn't expect it to be a success but I was proved wrong, now I'm anticipating that season 4 can continue that.