Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Has Crystal disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Spectacularly and on all levels. I was already disinterested (uninterested? I always confuse them)because its yet another retelling of the same story I've already watched and read several times before, but my GOD.... I could go on all night but it's all been said. I forced myself to sit through eight episodes and dropped it hard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:32 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
Yes, it took too long for production since it was announce. When Season 1 and 2 started to air online, the animation is quite wonky. And the plot was weak and not even much that faithful to the book for having some alteration of the plot. Plus we were shown amazing artwork poster and the nice cover music video had nicer animation than the series itself.

I won't hold my breath for season 4 and 5 quality either. It would end up like season three. Held something promising then loose interest and come back again. Season Three is much better than it past sequels. But the direction and the way the scenes were created did not match to the stellar comic. Garnet Ball should not have a stock footage ot shouldn't take long to say "Garnet Ball" :dead:
But I have some enjoyment in Season Three. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sub Zippo wrote:
Spectacularly and on all levels. I was already disinterested (uninterested? I always confuse them)because its yet another retelling of the same story I've already watched and read several times before, but my GOD.... I could go on all night but it's all been said. I forced myself to sit through eight episodes and dropped it hard.

I agree I would much rather see something new then seeing the same story told several times over. As I have stated before I would have much rather seen a sequel to the 90s anime then Crystal at all and even if they were going to do a retelling of the story Crystal isn't what I wanted it to be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:09 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:

I agree I would much rather see something new then seeing the same story told several times over. As I have stated before I would have much rather seen a sequel to the 90s anime then Crystal at all and even if they were going to do a retelling of the story Crystal isn't what I wanted it to be.

It was stated that it would be closer to the manga from day 1, so I don't know why some of you keep harping about not wanting this. It is what it is and it has been what it is for 3 seasons. If you're that displeased then don't follow it, just like someone who doesn't care for something would do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
SILVER wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:

It was stated that it would be closer to the manga from day 1, so I don't know why some of you keep harping about not wanting this. It is what it is and it has been what it is for 3 seasons. If you're that displeased then don't follow it, just like someone who doesn't care for something would do.

I agree with both Silver and MariaTenebre while I was hoping for something new like a continuation of the 90s anime but we got what we got its not perfect by a long shot but I'll still watch it as I'm a fan of Sailor Moon despite not liking it half as much as the 90s anime as I find it rushed and the characters are underdeveloped (wouldn't say no to some filler episodes) and as Rose stated before you could sneeze on the Senshi and they would be finished in Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Didn't even have to sneeze..Just look at them and they fall like dominos. And poor Rei. I remember o e poster stating that she looked.lie a sack of potatoes when Mamoru knocked her out in the secret base. I though season 3 was an improvement except for the Inners transformations. Id rather have the CGI ones (desire their awkwardness at times) compared to the construction paper ones in their planet power upgrades.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^^god how I hated the CGI transformations course I hate CGI period unless its actually done so its not a blight on the eyes (ReBoot and Transformers: Beast Wars are good examples of CGI done right)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Didn't even have to sneeze..Just look at them and they fall like dominos. And poor Rei. I remember o e poster stating that she looked.lie a sack of potatoes when Mamoru knocked her out in the secret base.

They even left her like that in the BluRay version

Attachments:
wow.jpg
wow.jpg [ 83.4 KiB | Viewed 3000 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:44 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
not to mention the rest of the Senshi were turned into Usagi fan-girls (Usagi and Mamoru were the only ones that got a hint of development)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Didn't even have to sneeze..Just look at them and they fall like dominos. And poor Rei. I remember o e poster stating that she looked.lie a sack of potatoes when Mamoru knocked her out in the secret base.

Guess they thought no one would notice. :o

AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
not to mention the rest of the Senshi were turned into Usagi fan-girls

They're just cheerleaders. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:51 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^^lol guess so also poor Usagi-Chan was kinda ****ty in Crystal she slept with Mamoru (well it was implied anyway) without going on one date they barely knew each other

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:38 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
SailorSugababe wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Hahahaha! NOOOOOOOOO REI CHAN!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:38 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
^^^lol guess so also poor Usagi-Chan was kinda ****ty in Crystal she slept with Mamoru (well it was implied anyway) without going on one date they barely knew each other

How can she be ****ty if she slept with ONE person!
Sounds exactly like that woman who went ape over a couple because of a forehead kiss.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:12 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
DREWdesu wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Sounds exactly like that woman who went ape over a couple because of a forehead kiss.

well when you give it up as easily as Poor Usagi-Chan was forced to by the writers it makes her look really easy :blue:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:38 am 
Stella
Stella
SILVER wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:

And again I would have been fine if it was closer to the manga but say added some filler, character development, characterization and world building to the story. I would be fine if the villains had actual personalities and new episodes were added to expand on the series a la PGSM. I didn't want an act for act manga adaptation and many fans did not want that and even so Crystal failed to be even that. While I would have preferred a continuation of the Classic anime as has been done with DBZ Super, the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime which seems to do better and are more well received then Crystal I would have been fine with the story being told over again so long as they added new stuff and character development etc. Crystal failed to do this and in some circumstances characters have even less characterization then in the manga like in the first two seasons with Sailor Mars who was reduced to being Ami 2.0. Also they way they billed the anime was that they seemed to imply that the first season would have 27 or so episodes and it would add stuff to to it to expand on it. All we got was a sloppy first season that was an act for act adaptation that shoe horned the Senshi/Shitennou subplot. Again as I have stated before I don't hate Crystal but Crystal seriously dropped the ball on what it could have been.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
DREWdesu wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

well when you give it up as easily as Poor Usagi-Chan was forced to by the writers it makes her look really easy :blue:

But that doesn't define her as a s**t which is the primary issue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:31 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
DREWdesu wrote:
But that doesn't define her as a s**t which is the primary issue.

actually it does when a man or woman has sex with a random person they don't know without going on a single date that does kind of qualify as being easy (id use the S word but as you can tell by the asterisks its a no no) I'm throwing Mamoru under the bus for it as well not just Usagi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:41 am 
Planeta
Planeta
^
Who are you to judge for that? Does hanging around someone's house and not date them make Usagi a s**t? Why does that label have to define her life? Why does that even define anyone's life?

In the story Usagi and Mamoru have fallen in love due to destiny. They might have had dates behind the scenes and we are pretty much already aware from the beginning of the Black Moon arc that they have become REALLY familiar with each other SO THEY KNOW EACH OTHER!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:13 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
DREWdesu wrote:
^
Who are you to judge for that? Does hanging around someone's house and not date them make Usagi a s**t? Why does that label have to define her life? Why does that even define anyone's life?

In the story Usagi and Mamoru have fallen in love due to destiny. They might have had dates behind the scenes and we are pretty much already aware from the beginning of the Black Moon arc that they have become REALLY familiar with each other SO THEY KNOW EACH OTHER!!!!!

I'm not judging anyone so please calm down and no hanging around someone's house doesn't make u easy I'm not denying they know each other in Black Moon Arc But I'm talking about The Dark Kingdom Arc Usagi quiet clearly went into a mans house (Mamoru's) whom at that point she didn't really know just to "Talk" and they did a little more than that (or at least its implied)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SILVER wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:

And I don't know why people keep defending it by stating 'it's closer to the manga' as if that justifies it failures and makes it better. I'm a diehard sailor moon fan and I have plenty of right to be disappointed in crystal. And I'm not following it, but was responding to the topic of the thread.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:50 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
As disappointing as it was for the fans who don't want to give up their nostalgia goggles it still has a strong following unlike other anime series like the bland, boring and completely forgettable Chronicle Of The Wing. :innocent:

S3 was a blast :twisted: and now I have higher expectations for the Dream Arc. =^_^=

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Sub Zippo wrote:
And I don't know why people keep defending it by stating 'it's closer to the manga' as if that justifies it failures and makes it better.

Because people wanted to see a more accurate portrayal of manga animated. This anticipation allows some people to look past the flaws because they just want to enjoy the original storyline in anime form. Sure, it's not perfect, but for some, this is enough.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:48 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
magic713 wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:
And I don't know why people keep defending it by stating 'it's closer to the manga' as if that justifies it failures and makes it better.

Because people wanted to see a more accurate portrayal of manga animated. This anticipation allows some people to look past the flaws because they just want to enjoy the original storyline in anime form. Sure, it's not perfect, but for some, this is enough.

well said

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Whether you like the romance in Crystal or not, I don't know how someone can call themselves a Sailor Moon fan and insult Usagi with such sexist language by ☹ shaming her. That's an insult to Naoko's work and such language should not be a part of Sailor Moon fandom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:32 am 
Stella
Stella
Again I don't think that Usagi is slutty she and Mamoru knew each other before hand and I see no issues with sleeping with someone on the first date. Sometimes we need to get our freak on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:27 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Neon Genesis wrote:
Whether you like the romance in Crystal or not, I don't know how someone can call themselves a Sailor Moon fan and insult Usagi with such sexist language by ☹ shaming her. That's an insult to Naoko's work and such language should not be a part of Sailor Moon fandom.

everyone has different views on things and I'm far from sexiest btw I respect women more than some men do and I love Miss Takeuchi's work after all if not for her we wouldn't be here right now and I do apologize if I offended anyone :blue: now then I suggest we keep to the topic at hand and forget this ever happened ok?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:27 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membership
not really. the things that i don't like is:

1. the inconsistency about the appearance in season 3. I know the animation in smc 1 and 2 need to change a bit but there's no need to change totally. Especially michi and haruka appearance, in the season 3 they lost their elegance like in 90's anime.

2. not as humorous as 90's anime, but i like the season 1 has not longer episodes as the 90's.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:31 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Only thing that disappoints me about Crystal is super long breaks. Whereas the tight schedule of 90's anime did not let the manga to be adapted properly back then. :neutral:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I honestly can't remember if I posted before or not lol. Anyway, Crystal has only really disappointed me in a few ways. A big on is the huge gaps between releases. Another is that they didn't really follow through on the ShenshiXShitennou thing. I'm a bit in the middle on the actual falling in love thing (I might have just made them friends who band together to protect their respective princess or prince) but once they started that plot line they should have finished it. The girls wouldn't just automatically get over it. Have at the very least a few scenes here and there showing them dealing with moving on now that the Four Kings were dead. I also would have liked to see the side stories sprinkled throughout in some form.

Other than that, I really like Crystal. It's fun to see the manga story presented in animated and sometimes different/expanded form.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The first arc was a major disappointment. The script rewrites just left a sour taste in my mouth. Even more when the changes in the first season never saw any real development or payday. Especially when TOEI revealed that the 26 episodes would cover both arcs. I was expecting 26 episodes just for the first arc alone. I liked the second arc a lot better. It seemed like TOEI had listened to all the overwhelmingly negative criticism from the first arc. It still wasn't the adaption that I wanted to see, as parts from the manga were either cut or censored, but all the major parts were present, including the kick ☹ finale.

I'd probably give the fist arc a D rating, and the second arc a C+ rating.

The third arc was much better. I just didn't like the 13 episode format, or that several of the more bleaker or macabre aspects were cut or censored, but for what we got it was a fine adaptation. And the MAL scores of both seasons reflect the changes in quality.

I'd give the third arc a solid B rating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next