Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Do you now have higher expectations for S4?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Again as I have stated before I never wanted a version that was an act for act version of the manga which even Crystal failed to be. I do think that if the series was made to be more faithful to the manga but still had filler, characterization, character development and world building and some new stuff to spice up the plot I think that it could have been just as popular as the 90s. Of course what I think would have been even better received then that would be a 90s anime sequel. Proof look at the success of Dragon Ball Super and the new Cardcaptor Sakura series.
FMA Brotherhood is a scene for scene adaptation of the manga and it's one of the most successful anime reboots of modern times and has surpassed even the massive popularity of the original FMA. PGSM already did what you're suggesting they should have done with Crystal and it was trashed for years by fans for being too cheesy and fans hated on the actors for years. It's only been in recent times that PGSM has gained more respectability with the fandom but it's still considered a niche adaptation compared to the 90s anime and Crystal. Dragon Ball Super has only gotten more popular in recent arcs but it's also gotten trashed a lot for having the same animation quality control issues Crystal has. I am excited for the new CCS anime but we can't really call it a success yet when it's not out yet and the manga still hasn't been licensed for the U.S. so most of us haven't gotten to read it yet.

Also Dragon Ball super was made after they made a reboot of a more faithful adaptation of Dragon Ball z.Also Card captor anime will be based on the new manga chapters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kamil88 wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
We should be at least grateful that Sailor Moon Crystal did not turn out like Berserk 2016.

Yes, Berserk fans have it much worse, 1997 anime was great, but 2016...i will take "Srlur Murs" or other derpy/strange frame from Crystal over Berserk 2016, ant it somehow got new season too...why? :(

At least we got Berserk Musou out of it which is fun and covered up to where the manga went on the boat hiatus. The current anime should cover up to that point too so we won't have to worry about another season coming after this one.

But yeah, screw Liden's CG and screw Crunchyroll even harder for recasting everyone for the English dub for no real reason. > : (

imaginationgirl wrote:
Also Dragon Ball super was made after they made a reboot of a more faithful adaptation of Dragon Ball z.

Kai was not a reboot, it was a re-edit of old DBZ footage...though their handling of Buu killed the faithfulness of it since most of that arc's filler was kept intact. :|

Also you're forgetting Boruto, a weekly TV series based off a monthly manga sequel to Naruto. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I remember there was a lot of worry that Crystal would have a lot more CGI in it when the Moon Pride music video came out and had all the scenes of the Inners posing in bad CGI animation.