Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Do you now have higher expectations for S4?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:08 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Do ya? :googly:

Post subject: Re: Do you now have higher expectations for S4?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:23 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
if there will be normal animators (not like in final acts in S3) at the end of arc and if they delete stock footage,i'l be happy :P
i even can't say about bubble hairs,i don't think that toei change that ^_^'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, likes see. I liked the animation of season 3 much more than the previous two and Dream arc is my most favorite arc. So...yes, but not by much and only because of manga content. S4 has a lot to live up to for me. But I'll just be satisfied just to see it faithfully animated (more so than what SuperS provided).

Last edited by magic713 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:50 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have high expectations because I know the story atleast will be better then SuperS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No because I had high expectations for S3, and they kind of dropped the bar so I'm not making the same mistake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
No. I have learnt never to have high expectations for Crystal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:29 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No. Best not to get your hopes up. :P

But I do think it will be a strong season, based on how good the manga content is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I'm setting my expectations to be about the same for what we got for s3. With s3 we had a really strong start and a strong finish but kind o a weak middle and I imagine s4 will follow the same pattern.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
the only expectation for season 4 that I would have is for the people who don't like it to comment incessantly about why don't don't and how the 90s anime is superior.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SILVER wrote:
the only expectation for season 4 that I would have is for the people who don't like it to comment incessantly about why don't don't and how the 90s anime is superior.

I'd also expect arguments on that or other issues here, as always. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:28 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
SILVER wrote:

I don't really expect comments about why the 90s anime is superior because SuperS was the worst season of the original anime and anything would be better than that. So I think that at least s4 is safe from that :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
I wouldn't say my expectations are higher, but my hopes are. If we continue the trend of improving each season, the Dream arc should be pretty impressive. I would hope that we wouldn't see a backpeddling all the way to the mess that was the Dark Kingdom, but I'm waiting to see character designs and a trailer before making any assumptions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
SILVER wrote:

It's not just here but in other franchises that have different adaptations. ^_^

Just check the Lord of the Rings debate between Bakshi and Jackson in the youtube comments section. ^_^'

There's lots of comments like these and much worse. Just as bad as the current Viz vs Dic dub.

Its a never ending cycle. :googly:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:48 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Nope, no high expectations; though, if TOEI decides to surprise me like it did with s3, that'd be nice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 pm 
Luna
Luna
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
SILVER wrote:

You know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SILVER wrote:

It will happen but to be fair it goes both ways. Manga and Crystal fans also constantly comment what is wrong with the 90s anime and why manga (or Crystal) is superior. Its like that since i can remember (and im part of the fandom since mid 90s). And honestly? There's nothing wrong with that as long as both sides stays civilized

Not to mention that very often both sides still enjoy both versions anyway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:06 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As of now, to be honest, im tired of lack of news, i know we get confirmation, but..at this rate, it will be like in 2012, when we get confirmation of new anime, and had to wait 2 years to get it :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:52 pm 
Luna
Luna
SailorSugababe wrote:
SILVER wrote:

It will happen but to be fair it goes both ways. Manga and Crystal fans also constantly comment what is wrong with the 90s anime and why manga (or Crystal) is superior. Its like that since i can remember (and im part of the fandom since mid 90s). And honestly? There's nothing wrong with that as long as both sides stays civilized

I've noticed that when this happens its usually as a response to their opinions being criticized or yet another "Why Crystal sucks" thread. Being a Crystal fan is tiring because we're constantly dealing with this and with nostalgia driven fans chiming in. Its not relevant to me as to how it was before this anime came out, since the negativity outweighs the regular discussion here and in a lot of other places (and its usually the same people that always complain. Honestly, this whole forum is invaded by the toxicity or the people bashing Crystal and even when discussing ARE civilized they're derailed by passive aggressive comments. The moderation on this part of the forum is AWFUL. I honestly don't even feel like posting half of the time because I probably will have to defend my opinion and its exhausting as hell. Now, I know its gotten to me and that this wasn't the best way to open the conversation, but the moderation is awful here and its put off people that I've met from coming to this forum who are Crystal fans, not to mention the members who are never disciplined.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:42 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SILVER wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:
SILVER wrote:

I've noticed that when this happens its usually as a response to their opinions being criticized or yet another "Why Crystal sucks" thread. Being a Crystal fan is tiring because we're constantly dealing with this and with nostalgia driven fans chiming in. Its not relevant to me as to how it was before this anime came out, since the negativity outweighs the regular discussion here and in a lot of other places (and its usually the same people that always complain. Honestly, this whole forum is invaded by the toxicity or the people bashing Crystal and even when discussing ARE civilized they're derailed by passive aggressive comments. The moderation on this part of the forum is AWFUL. I honestly don't even feel like posting half of the time because I probably will have to defend my opinion and its exhausting as hell. Now, I know its gotten to me and that this wasn't the best way to open the conversation, but the moderation is awful here and its put off people that I've met from coming to this forum who are Crystal fans, not to mention the members who are never disciplined.

I'm not speaking on behalf of other forum staff, but I personally remain neutral & don't take sides between the "pro-Crystal" & "anti-Crystal" camps, & the opinions of both sides are allowed/acceptable/respected here, as long as they're presented in a civilized way & the arguments don't get overheated.

I don't participate much in the discussions of Crystal, but in my posts about it you can find both appreciation & criticism on its various aspects. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Crystal was always going to be a controversial remake because of how radically different the manga is from the version we all grew up with. But there is a lot of polarizing extreme views on all sides of the argument. I've encountered plenty of overly aggressive Crystal fans who are also rude to anyone who likes th changes they made in season three and can be overly defensive of the first two seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:29 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Neon Genesis wrote:
Crystal was always going to be a controversial remake because of how radically different the manga is from the version we all grew up with. But there is a lot of polarizing extreme views on all sides of the argument. I've encountered plenty of overly aggressive Crystal fans who are also rude to anyone who likes th changes they made in season three and can be overly defensive of the first two seasons.

Time and time again, I find myself agreeing with you, Neon Genesis. What you said here really clicks with me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:49 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Compared to all the controversies with other fandoms like video game fandoms or American comic books, if the worst issue we have in Sailor Moon fandom is fans being too passionate about a cartoon show, I think we're doing pretty good for Sailor Moon fandom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Sailor Moon = serious business; I know people who unfriended one another because of Sailor Moon. :ninja: :grey:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
Clow wrote:
Sailor Moon = serious business; I know people who unfriended one another because of Sailor Moon. :ninja: :grey:

That's just silly .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
kamil88 wrote:
As of now, to be honest, im tired of lack of news, i know we get confirmation, but..at this rate, it will be like in 2012, when we get confirmation of new anime, and had to wait 2 years to get it :(
I'm fine with waiting if it means we get it at least at the quality that s3 was done at. I had to wait four years just for a second season of Attack on Titan, so I can handle waiting even just another year for more Crystal. I have lots of other anime planned to watch this year as it is. I'm just glad to know it's actually coming. I do hope though they will make Luna and Artemis look more like actual cats in s4 because that was the one thing I didn't really care for the most in s3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:26 am 
Stella
Stella
SILVER wrote:

I honestly don't expect that to happen because the general consensus of most fans is that that the Dream arc of the manga and Crystal is superior to SuperS even among the biggest 90s anime fans.

Neon Genesis wrote:

Again as I have stated before I never wanted a version that was an act for act version of the manga which even Crystal failed to be. I do think that if the series was made to be more faithful to the manga but still had filler, characterization, character development and world building and some new stuff to spice up the plot I think that it could have been just as popular as the 90s. Of course what I think would have been even better received then that would be a 90s anime sequel. Proof look at the success of Dragon Ball Super and the new Cardcaptor Sakura series.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:03 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Probally a little bit. I know Ill still love it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Again as I have stated before I never wanted a version that was an act for act version of the manga which even Crystal failed to be. I do think that if the series was made to be more faithful to the manga but still had filler, characterization, character development and world building and some new stuff to spice up the plot I think that it could have been just as popular as the 90s. Of course what I think would have been even better received then that would be a 90s anime sequel. Proof look at the success of Dragon Ball Super and the new Cardcaptor Sakura series.
FMA Brotherhood is a scene for scene adaptation of the manga and it's one of the most successful anime reboots of modern times and has surpassed even the massive popularity of the original FMA. PGSM already did what you're suggesting they should have done with Crystal and it was trashed for years by fans for being too cheesy and fans hated on the actors for years. It's only been in recent times that PGSM has gained more respectability with the fandom but it's still considered a niche adaptation compared to the 90s anime and Crystal. Dragon Ball Super has only gotten more popular in recent arcs but it's also gotten trashed a lot for having the same animation quality control issues Crystal has. I am excited for the new CCS anime but we can't really call it a success yet when it's not out yet and the manga still hasn't been licensed for the U.S. so most of us haven't gotten to read it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
We should be at least grateful that Sailor Moon Crystal did not turn out like Berserk 2016.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
We should be at least grateful that Sailor Moon Crystal did not turn out like Berserk 2016.

Yes, Berserk fans have it much worse, 1997 anime was great, but 2016...i will take "Srlur Murs" or other derpy/strange frame from Crystal over Berserk 2016, ant it somehow got new season too...why? :(