Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Rumor] The next season is in 2018!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
From twitter: https://twitter.com/iHasMagic/status/853209440874446848

Post subject: Re: [Rumor] The next season is in 2018!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'll take it as actual confirmation since this coming from an actual staff member.

And it makes lots of sense for several reasons:

1) Toei is juggling a LOT of projects, but a few of their shows like Appmon is ending this Fall.

2) When they officially announced the new season, the official word was that they're PLANNING on a doing a new season. They said nothing about it being green lit for production.

3) They're currently airing commercials w/ the Season 3 style. If Season 4 was in the works, they would have probably already used the new designs instead of using designs from an older season (even if they did tweak it a bit).

I had thought it was going to be released in the Fall, but hopefully we won't have to wait until Winter of 2018. How ever long it takes them, I just hope it's because they're taking the time to release a good product and not because the anime is experiencing production hell like the first two seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I wonder if the situation about a shortage of animators and being overworked has anything to do with this delay. I can wait another year if we get a season as high quality as season three and I waited four years for more episodes of Attack on Titan. I just wish they would announce this stuff publicly instead of having to rely on rumors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I believe him allthough im still waiting for any confirmation (or lack of one) on Usagi and Chibiusa birthday.

I dont mind the break. Of course id love new season even today but its not the end of the world

I just hope the longer break means Toei will keep the quality of the animation on S3 level (or higher) and not like how it was with 1st season when after 2 years of waiting we've received very questionable quality after 1st episode

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:

I had thought it was going to be released in the Fall, but hopefully we won't have to wait until Winter of 2018. How ever long it takes them, I just hope it's because they're taking the time to release a good product and not because the anime is experiencing production hell like the first two seasons.

I think the safer bet is production hell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:34 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Well, an animator just died in Japan and the cause was allegedly overworking: http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2017 ... king-.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:54 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Is being an animator in Japan that bad? Jeez.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Well, an animator just died in Japan and the cause was allegedly overworking: http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2017 ... king-.html

That's really sad & such tragedies should've been stopped already. :(

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Wouldn't be surprised. Heck, it wouldn't surprised if it was to be released in 2019. Remember when Crystal was first announced and we had a two year delay on it after

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I don't mind waiting as I have plenty of other shows to watch in the meantime. I just hope this means we get Dream and Stars back-to-back and the animation will be better quality. Season III was a big step up in terms of fluidity and expressiveness, but the character designs were lacking, the stock animation was subpar, and they got really lazy halfway through with recycling footage. Dream is the best arc in the manga with the worst counterpart in the 90s anime. Crystal's version really needs to step it up and do it the justice it deserves.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Oh my... :ohdear:

So, I will watch Sailor Moon Crystal s 4 season and Cardcaptor Sakura sequel at the same time?? =^_^=

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Clow wrote:

That's really sad & such tragedies should've been stopped already. :(

Is that bad animators in Japan only get 5 dollars a day. Even though it's technically illegal.

This doesn't surprise me that much . It takes anime two years to make another season. (I mean relesed wise)

Sera-V wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:

I had thought it was going to be released in the Fall, but hopefully we won't have to wait until Winter of 2018. How ever long it takes them, Is just hope it's because they're taking the time to release a good product and not because the anime is experiencing production hell like the first two season.

I think the safer bet is production hell.
Ya that make sense .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I'll take it as actual confirmation since this coming from an actual staff member.

And it makes lots of sense for several reasons:

1) Toei is juggling a LOT of projects, but a few of their shows like Appmon is ending this Fall.

2) When they officially announced the new season, the official word was that they're PLANNING on a doing a new season. They said nothing about it being green lit for production.

3) They're currently airing commercials w/ the Season 3 style. If Season 4 was in the works, they would have probably already used the new designs instead of using designs from an older season (even if they did tweak it a bit).

Well said, Seira Hazuki!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Disappointing, but I don't mind waiting if it means better quality. Hopefully they do Stars alongside Dream to make up for the delay.

The English dub of Crystal's third season should be coming out this year, so at least I still have that to look forward to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
I wouldn't take these as anything official. I will continue to wait for word from Toei.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:08 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Before everyone freaks out, how do we even know these photos are real? Anyone can fake a photo of a conversation on the Internet and claim it to be the words of the staff members of Toei. It also seems like this is the kind of news they would keep under a strict contract that they wouldn't just randomly spout off to a random fan for no reason before an official press announcement is made. And if it is real, it seems like a bad move on the part of this fan to leak this information that could have cost this staff member a job if this information wasn't supposed to be made public.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Before everyone freaks out, how do we even know these photos are real? Anyone can fake a photo of a conversation on the Internet and claim it to be the words of the staff members of Toei. It also seems like this is the kind of news they would keep under a strict contract that they wouldn't just randomly spout off to a random fan for no reason before an official press announcement is made. And if it is real, it seems like a bad move on the part of this fan to leak this information that could have cost this staff member a job if this information wasn't supposed to be made public.

They already had a famous scandal when having the first key visual leaked. ^_^

I hope this is just a rumor, and we will have good news before Usagi's birthday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

Thats true. Like i said im waiting for Usagi and Chibiusa birthday for any information. If we wont get any update by then this information will be much more believable. Or if they announce it for 2018 on that day of course

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Quote:
They already had a famous scandal when having the first key visual leaked. ^_^

I hope this is just a rumor, and we will have good news before Usagi's birthday.
I still think we should be skeptical until we hear from either the official site or a professional anime news site like ANN or Crunchyroll as opposed to just taking the word of some random Twitter user who claims to have an unnamed friend that just happens to know a key staff member.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
God, I am not unnamed. I was credited in the other tweet.

The thing is I posted this screens on its Omar discord and the guy posted them on twitter
this is how this loooks in Windows 10 instagram app

It pisses me off that nobody credits me...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
We've had information come out of his Facebook before (of course that doesn't mean this one couldn't be faked).

I believe it only because it all adds up.

I know a lot of people are hoping it's going to be released Summer this year but it's looking INCREDIBLY unlikely. If S4 was going to be released this Summer we would have gotten some information by now. There would have been an announcement for an event that'd reveal the new voice actors and show key visual art... Literally something. Despite everyone here being convinced about this, Toei never does surprise announcements. They pretty much just drip feed information. Silence just means it's not happening anytime soon.

Ruling out Summer, you literally have only season left this year and that's Fall. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything in June either and then it'll be pretty obvious 2018 is S4's year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seira Hazuki wrote:
We've had information come out of his Facebook before (of course that doesn't mean this one couldn't be faked).

I believe it only because it all adds up.

I know a lot of people are hoping it's going to be released Summer this year but it's looking INCREDIBLY unlikely. If S4 was going to be released this Summer we would have gotten some information by now. There would have been an announcement for an event that'd reveal the new voice actors and show key visual art... Literally something. Despite everyone here being convinced about this, Toei never does surprise announcements. They pretty much just drip feed information. Silence just means it's not happening anytime soon.

Ruling out Summer, you literally have only season left this year and that's Fall. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything in June either and then it'll be pretty obvious 2018 is S4's year.

Yes besides this is how anime usually does it schedule .Lot anime usually have a two year gap between seasons .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
and also I have no gain in faking a screen like this xd
especially that I provided multiple angles and even Sailormoonnews edited their post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
If it is true then, I still think you took a pretty big risk with the music composer's career unless you got specific permission to leak such vital information to the public. It still seems kind of weird Toei would leak such important information instead of through an official press announcement or through the official Sailor Moon site. It just makes it seem like the higher ups are trying to hide this information from us for some reason that they won't put it out there in an official way. I've never heard of an anime season release date being announced through a Facebook leak before in all my years of being an anime fan. If it is true, that's also very unprofessional on Toei's part.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
If it is true then, I still think you took a pretty big risk with the music composer's career unless you got specific permission to leak such vital information to the public. It still seems kind of weird Toei would leak such important information instead of through an official press announcement or through the official Sailor Moon site. It just makes it seem like the higher ups are trying to hide this information from us for some reason that they won't put it out there in an official way. I've never heard of an anime season release date being announced through a Facebook leak before in all my years of being an anime fan. If it is true, that's also very unprofessional on Toei's part.

Not realy he didn't tell them the exact date . He just said in 2018? That's not really informative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:42 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Not realy he didn't tell them the exact date . He just said in 2018? That's not really informative

I don't think they've decided on an exact date at this point anyway. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:34 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
2018 could also still include a December air date as the December anime season is counted as the winter season of next year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:27 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I might not want to trust NOTHING unless it's directly from the confirmed, official sources, anyone can pretend to be anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
The cynical side of me is wondering if Toei is trying to drag the franchise out as long as possible to keep it around for Sailor Moon's 30th anniversary.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:40 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Neon Genesis wrote:
The cynical side of me is wondering if Toei is trying to drag the franchise out as long as possible to keep it around for Sailor Moon's 30th anniversary.

Well, not only Toei.
Naoko's new artbook is still in process since 2012 :ohmy: :ohmy:
They try to milk the cow. The Sailor Moon products are selling like hot cakes, worldwide.