Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [Rumor] The next season is in 2018!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They should make Sailor Moon Jadeite, Sailor Moon Nephrite, Sailor Moon Beryl, Sailor Moon Saphir...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
The cynical side of me is wondering if Toei is trying to drag the franchise out as long as possible to keep it around for Sailor Moon's 30th anniversary.

Honestly i dont think so because there's so many ways Toei could milk the franchise (if they'd really want to) to keep it going till 30th annivesary and beyond.

After Stars in Crystal they could do entire Sailor V manga, all the short stories, do some anime short series inspired/based on musicals and release them as OVAs, animate PGSM, animate Sailor Moon Another Story. Or simply do any sort of continuation for SM be it Crystal or 90s anime.

I think Toei doesnt believe in SM all that much and sees that its more of devoted fanbase that keeps it going rather than getting new generations of fans

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:28 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
The cynical side of me is wondering if Toei is trying to drag the franchise out as long as possible to keep it around for Sailor Moon's 30th anniversary.

Honestly i dont think so because there's so many ways Toei could milk the franchise (if they'd really want to) to keep it going till 30th annivesary and beyond.

After Stars in Crystal they could do entire Sailor V manga, all the short stories, do some anime short series inspired/based on musicals and release them as OVAs, animate PGSM, animate Sailor Moon Another Story. Or simply do any sort of continuation for SM be it Crystal or 90s anime.

I think Toei doesnt believe in SM all that much and sees that its more of devoted fanbase that keeps it going rather than getting new generations of fans

Perhaps they do wanna drag the franchise out as long as possible, while producing as little as possible. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Perhaps they do wanna drag the franchise out as long as possible, while producing as little as possible. :P

Yup, that is way more likely :happy:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Well they did say at Anime Matsuri that they were going to make more musicals after the Stars one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:51 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

It probably doesn't help that Crystal, while successful enough to be continued, doesn't even come close to the crazy popularity that the original anime and manga had in the '90s and I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's an old story repackaged.

Something similar happened to Dragon Ball. Kai apparently bombed, but Super is doing pretty well. The trend seems to be that remakes don't seem to do well, while sequels seem to be received better. I almost wonder how a Sailor Moon sequel would do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
The trend seems to be that remakes don't seem to do well, while sequels seem to be received better. I almost wonder how a Sailor Moon sequel would do.

That's assuming that Naoko has any interest in making a sequel, and I thought that the common belief was that she didn't. It would be amazing though if she did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:11 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Well, an animator just died in Japan and the cause was allegedly overworking: http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2017 ... king-.html

Wow that is terribly sad but it isn't surprising. The work schedule and load for people in Japan and in that anime and manga industry is extreme. I even hear Yoshihiro Togashi aka Naoko Takeuchi's husband and creator of Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter even suffered a break down due to the extreme work load he was under. Naoko Takeuchi herself stated that the work was so intense when working on Sailor Moon that she cried a lot but it was the fan support and love that got her through it.

Back to Crystal that is interesting I hope this long wait for Crystal season 4 will produce and even more excellent product since they have more time to work on it. Which I am very excited for this anyway as the Dream arc was awesome.

death_charm wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
The trend seems to be that remakes don't seem to do well, while sequels seem to be received better. I almost wonder how a Sailor Moon sequel would do.

That's assuming that Naoko has any interest in making a sequel, and I thought that the common belief was that she didn't. It would be amazing though if she did.

I wish she would do a sequel. I would like it even better if it was a sequel to the 90s anime. Which I have always stated I wish was released and made instead of Crystal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
If Toei was to make any more anime after Crystal, I think it's more likely they would make a Sailor V anime first. As much as I would love a sequel, I would prefer for them to adapt as much of the existing content as possible before moving onto a new original work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
If Toei was to make any more anime after Crystal, I think it's more likely they would make a Sailor V anime first. As much as I would love a sequel, I would prefer for them to adapt as much of the existing content as possible before moving onto a new original work.

The possibility of them making a sequel iis zero . Unless Naoka gave them okay , or if she make a sequel manga . There is no more material in the main series to adappt . The ending is a basic shoujo ending . Usagi gt married , and probably is having a child soon.She has new priorties as a mom, and now a ruler . She is not kid no more , but an adult

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Guys I never said I thought it was possible for a sequel to happen. All I said was that Crystal doesn't seem to be doing THAT well because it's a page for page remake of incredibly old source material. That's all. I'm not trying to start a debate whether a sequel is possible or not (which is futile since none of us talk to Naoko directly).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Well I hope they at least do a spin off, staring Sailor Moon (Chibi-Usa) and the quartet. I also wondered what the original senshi would be doing as grown women.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Well I hope they at least do a spin off, staring Sailor Moon (Chibi-Usa) and the quartet. I also wondered what the original senshi would be doing as grown women.

That is unlikely unless Naoko makes a said spin off manga.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
If they are stringing us along to milk as much cash as possible by announcing next season a year or longer before the actual release date, I doubt they have any real plans on making a sequel that exceeds Stars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
imaginationgirl wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

That is unlikely unless Naoko makes a said spin off manga.

I'm thinking about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the author wrote the scripts instead books. =^_^= =^_^= =^_^=

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

The possibility of them making a sequel iis zero . Unless Naoka gave them okay , or if she make a sequel manga . There is no more material in the main series to adappt . The ending is a basic shoujo ending . Usagi gt married , and probably is having a child soon.She has new priorties as a mom, and now a ruler . She is not kid no more , but an adult

I think at this point we cant really say anything for certain. I mean look at the past few years. Sailor Moon was actually revived. Maybe its not as big as it was in early-mid to late 90s but 20th annivesary feels way bigger -and longer- than 10th annivesary (we've been celebrating for 5 years straight). It all started in 2012 and since then we've got 3 anime seasons of new manga adaptation, revival of musicals, soundtracks, Sailor Moon Drops app/game, 90s anime rereleases, manga rerelease, new artbook promise and an actual flood of merchandise

And just now we're starting 25th annivesary with most likely more of all above and you can bet they wont stop because the 30th annivesary is on the horizon

Its true that we cant say a continuation will happen or that its even likely but ruling it out right now - while keeping in mind all thats been happening - would be a tad unreasonable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Those're already good/rich materials for a sequel, i.e. child care, politics, & perhaps an extramarital affair of her hubby w/ Pluto. :mischief: And a soap opera would suit the 90s anime's fans at their present age too. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Those're already good/rich materials for a sequel, i.e. child care, politics, & perhaps an extramarital affair of her hubby w/ Pluto. :mischief:

A perfect set up for Neo Queen :usagi: Dystopia. :cthulhu:

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
And a soap opera would suit the 90s anime's fans at their present age too. lol

Yes. They could also continue with :ami: x :mako: and :rei: x :minako: subplots. =^_^=

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I think at this point we cant really say anything for certain. I mean look at the past few years. Sailor Moon was actually revived. Maybe its not as big as it was in early-mid to late 90s but 20th annivesary feels way bigger -and longer- than 10th annivesary (we've been celebrating for 5 years straight). It all started in 2012 and since then we've got 3 anime seasons of new manga adaptation, revival of musicals, soundtracks, Sailor Moon Drops app/game, 90s anime rereleases, manga rerelease, new artbook promise and an actual flood of merchandise

And just now we're starting 25th annivesary with most likely more of all above and you can bet they wont stop because the 30th annivesary is on the horizon

Its true that we cant say a continuation will happen or that its even likely but ruling it out right now - while keeping in mind all thats been happening - would be a tad unreasonable
That really doesn't matter .( Okay it does but not in the way) FMBHood was filled with praise , and that was a readaptation of the manga . There is no sequel, or any continuation . You know why because its done . The manga ended , and the second anime follow it . My point is sailor moon is done . Usagi is not a kid , and she is not sailor moon anymore . That part of her life is done .( She can't even at the time transform anymore). It doesn't matter how popular something it is . Some things just end .They could make another reboot like a movie .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:35 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
imaginationgirl wrote:
Its true that we cant say a continuation will happen or that its even likely but ruling it out right now - while keeping in mind all thats been happening - would be a tad unreasonableThat really doesn't matter .( Okay it does but not in the way) FMBHood was filled with praise , and that was a readaptation of the manga . There is no sequel, or any continuation . You know why because its done . The manga ended , and the second anime follow it . My point is sailor moon is done . Usagi is not a kid , and she is not sailor moon anymore . That part of her life is done .( She can't even at the time transform anymore). It doesn't matter how popular something it is . Some things just end .They could make another reboot like a movie .

One can hope her husband's health status might influence (or forced depending on your point of view) the author to create new material. =^_^=

We all know Naoko loves expensive cars. :innocent:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:36 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
imaginationgirl wrote:
That really doesn't matter .( Okay it does but not in the way) FMBHood was filled with praise , and that was a readaptation of the manga . There is no sequel, or any continuation . You know why because its done . The manga ended , and the second anime follow it . My point is sailor moon is done . Usagi is not a kid , and she is not sailor moon anymore . That part of her life is done .( She can't even at the time transform anymore). It doesn't matter how popular something it is . Some things just end .They could make another reboot like a movie .

Dragon Ball continuation happened despite everyone and their grandma thinking its impossible, Harry Potter continuation happened despite Joanne Rowling claiming several times its done, Card Captor Sakura gets continuation and so on

We're not talking if SM continuation WILL happen but if its possible and the answer is: its not impossible.

Also you're focusing too much on the few final pages of the manga which presents Usagi's pregnancy and wedding. That means there's a 6 year gap between Stars events and her wedding. 6 years when she's still Sailor Moon (5 arcs took only two years of her life) and 6 years that Naoko and Toei could easily use if they'd want to create a continuation (Not to mention manga never reveals how Crystal Tokyo really came to being which could be a very interesting story on its own). And thats just manga, mind you, 90s anime didnt have any constraint like that.

Sorry for the off topic though =^_^=

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

Dragon Ball continuation happened despite everyone and their grandma thinking its impossible, Harry Potter continuation happened despite Joanne Rowling claiming several times its done, Card Captor Sakura gets continuation and so on

We're not talking if SM continuation WILL happen but if its possible and the answer is: its not impossible.

A

Sorry for the off topic though =^_^=

I mean it's highly unlikely . Yes but cardcaptor sakura manga was continuing. If Naoko continues the manga up for it , but its unlikely . Without it I don't see a continuation possible. Also JK Rowling didn't really continue Harry Potter . What happen was they made play which originally was going to be au until she changed her mind. (Lot people cursed child). Honestly even with out the last few pages . Stars felt like the ending anyway .We met Chaos , and learn all the villains came from her .It felt like everything came to close . I see no need for more .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I think it's more likely we won't get a sequel because Naoko is too busy with her private family life and taking care of her husband's health problems. But the notion the fans can tell Naoko she's not allowed to make any more because the fans declared it's finished is just strange reasoning to me. Last I checked, it was Naoko's story and not ours, and if she feels she can do something else with her own creation, that's her decision to make and not ours to tell her she can't write any more Sailor Moon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think it's more likely we won't get a sequel because Naoko is too busy with her private family life and taking care of her husband's health problems. But the notion the fans can tell Naoko she's not allowed to make any more because the fans declared it's finished is just strange reasoning to me. Last I checked, it was Naoko's story and not ours, and if she feels she can do something else with her own creation, that's her decision to make and not ours to tell her she can't write any more Sailor Moon.

I never said she wasn't allowed to continue . If she wants to continue good for her . I would support it , and would like to see more .I mean that its unlikely that sailor moon will get sequel. Since there is no material to adapt . A sequel to crystal is very unlikely . I doubt the manga continue because the way the ending was written. Getting married is a basic shoujou ending. I will like more , but how it sset up. I doubt its going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Fushigi Yuugi
Spoiler: show
also ended with Miaka marrying Tamahome
but Yuu Watase is still writing new manga for it even to this day. There are plenty of possibilities for further stories. She could do a prequel about the Moon Kingdom, a Chibiusa spin off, a spin off about the Sailor Starlights, a spin off about Kousagi, or even a brand new original Sailor Guardian. The possibilities are only as limited as Naoko's creativity allows it to be but just because we can't think of more stories doesn't mean Naoko can't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
And lets not forget we knew Usagi married Mamoru since the middle of second arc. More than that: we found out they will become future queen and king and will live for a really long time. We knew what the future will be like but that never stopped 3 more arcs.

Its all about the will, the possibilites are endless which of course doesnt mean anything will happen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Personally, I don't really want a new arc. I'd rather get new side stories:

- A side story about Uranus and Neptune's backstory (featuring their kissing at long last)
- A side story about Setsuna's life before awakening as Pluto in Infinity
- A side story about Pluto's ~adventures~ guarding the Door of Space-Time
- A side story about Makoto's life before moving to Tokyo where we learn more her sempai and her best friend whom he chose over her
- A side story about Chibi Moon, Saturn, and the Asteroids in the future
- A side story about the Starlights/Kakyuu/her lover/Kinmoku/the Tantei Kingdom
- A side story about Lethe and Mnemosyne
- A side story about the Sailor Guardians who had their Sailor Crystals stolen by Galaxia
- A side story about Galaxia's life now (assuming she was reborn?)
- A side story about the Silver Millennium
- A side story about Elysium
- A side story about Beryl's life before she went to the North Pole
- Side stories about the various supporting characters (Umino, Naru, Usagi's family, Rei's family, Ami's family, Ms. Haruna, etc)
- Another "Parallel Sailor Moon"-esque side story

There are so many possibilities for side stories that would expand our understanding of the universe and characters of "Sailor Moon" as is, without a need for new story arcs that might not live up to expectations.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 am 
Stella
Stella
Neon Genesis wrote:

I would love a Sailor V anime. I think this would be wonderful and I would love to see how the villains look in color.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:27 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Fushigi Yuugi
Spoiler: show
also ended with Miaka marrying Tamahome
but Yuu Watase is still writing new manga for it even to this day.

Now that's an anime/manga that deserves a reboot. I really want to see all of the new Genbu/Biako material.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Personally, I don't really want a new arc. I'd rather get new side stories:

- A side story about Uranus and Neptune's backstory (featuring their kissing at long last)
- A side story about Setsuna's life before awakening as Pluto in Infinity
- A side story about Pluto's ~adventures~ guarding the Door of Space-Time
- A side story about Makoto's life before moving to Tokyo where we learn more her sempai and her best friend whom he chose over her
- A side story about Chibi Moon, Saturn, and the Asteroids in the future
- A side story about the Starlights/Kakyuu/her lover/Kinmoku/the Tantei Kingdom
- A side story about Lethe and Mnemosyne
- A side story about the Sailor Guardians who had their Sailor Crystals stolen by Galaxia
- A side story about Galaxia's life now (assuming she was reborn?)
- A side story about the Silver Millennium
- A side story about Elysium
- A side story about Beryl's life before she went to the North Pole
- Side stories about the various supporting characters (Umino, Naru, Usagi's family, Rei's family, Ami's family, Ms. Haruna, etc)
- Another "Parallel Sailor Moon"-esque side story

There are so many possibilities for side stories that would expand our understanding of the universe and characters of "Sailor Moon" as is, without a need for new story arcs that might not live up to expectations.

I think these great ideas for side stories, MementoNepenthe. The bolded ones are the ones I wish to see, but they they are equally interesting.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi: