Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [Rumor] The next season is in 2018!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:42 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Just think that around this time last year we were watching episode 30 of season three.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:12 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'd say that's pretty much an extremely odd, "official" confirmation.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:19 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Clow wrote:
Well, an animator just died in Japan and the cause was allegedly overworking: http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2017 ... king-.html

This is very sad, but not surprising...many people don't realise the dire situation that the anime industry is facing in Japan, anime is huge and has a very robust following worldwide, but sadly there's just not enough animators working in the industry in Japan, even for such a huge anime studio like Toei, so animators are often subjected to a lot of overwork and exhaustion, and that could lead to stress and depression in some cases. I've even read stories about how some Japanese animators were so stressed and depressed because of poor overworking conditions and not enough rest that they even killed themselves because they couldn't deal with all the stress.

Compared to SM, Attack on Titan is produced & created by a much smaller independent anime studio and after season 1 ended, it took the studio another 3-4 years to release season 2, and I would be happy to wait a while longer for the next season of Crystal. I would rather Toei take more time to create a better quality product, instead of rushing to release the next season resulting in an inferior product. If they can improve the quality of Crystal with the Dream arc but it would take more time to produce, then I would rather wait a while longer, making good quality product takes time.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Compared to SM, Attack on Titan is produced & created by a much smaller independent anime studio and after season 1 ended, it took the studio another 3-4 years to release season 2, and I would be happy to wait a while longer for the next season of Crystal. I would rather Toei take more time to create a better quality product, instead of rushing to release the next season resulting in an inferior product. If they can improve the quality of Crystal with the Dream arc but it would take more time to produce, then I would rather wait a while longer, making good quality product takes time.

Yeah, rather than outsourcing the production to Myanmar or Bangladesh (even the Filipino production companies might be considered too expensive these days, not to mention the Korean or Chinese ones). :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Clow wrote:
Well, an animator just died in Japan and the cause was allegedly overworking: http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2017 ... king-.html

This is very sad, but not surprising...many people don't realise the dire situation that the anime industry is facing in Japan, anime is huge and has a very robust following worldwide, but sadly there's just not enough animators working in the industry in Japan, even for such a huge anime studio like Toei, so animators are often subjected to a lot of overwork and exhaustion, and that could lead to stress and depression in some cases. I've even read stories about how some Japanese animators were so stressed and depressed because of poor overworking conditions and not enough rest that they even killed themselves because they couldn't deal with all the stress.

While I'd love for them to take their time to release a better product, it really all depends on whether they're actually taking the time to work on Season 4 or if they're suffering production issues like Season 1. As mentioned before, knowing Toei's history it's most likely the latter.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:45 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Agreed, & the delay could very well be just due to insufficient human resources at the time - in other words, it's simply a matter of queueing & all.

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:24 am 
inactive
Heck I waited 3-4 years for season 2 of AOT, I can wait another 3-4 years for the next season of Crystal if that's what it takes :D as long as Toei can take the time to make a better quality product.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I can handle a year long wait if i have to but even as much of fan of Crystal as I've been, I won't accept a three year wait. Crystal barely has any fans as it is. If it's as long of wait as Attack on Titan, they might as well cancel it by then because even most Crystal fans will have moved on. Especially since we have the upcoming Cardcaptor Sakura sequel coming next year and that series is going to be so embarrassing to Toei's lackluster efforts with how beautiful and well adapted it's likely to be. With the exception of Attack on Titan, I can't think of another anime where we've had to wait so long for a sequel. Most anime these days usually let you know right at the end of the last episode of the season if they're coming back for more and you usually don't have to wait too long for a release date and key visuals. My biggest frustration is Toei's total lack of transparency with the fans. It's ridiculous and unprofessional of Toei as a business to make their fans rely on unproven rumors to find out release dates when I can't think of any other anime, again besides Attack on Titan, where fans have to do that. And at least Attack on Titan kept fans satisfied with new manga and spin off novels and a comedy parody anime in the meantime. At least Toei could make a new Sailor Moon video game for fans to play in the meantime besides their Candy Crush rip off game. I get and respect that there is an animator crisis and a problem with the industry being overworked. Surely though it's not too stressful for Toei to hire better PR people that actually care and communicate with their fans about what's happening with it. We shouldn't have to wait a whole year to find out if we're getting a sequel and another whole year just to find out a release date. That's just embarrassing and insulting to their fans.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I would wait to have a high quality product, which won't be the case in Sailor Moon Crystal.
And I'd bet Naoko is also one of the causes of this delay.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
We don't even know for sure if there is a delay let's not make up assumptions about who is causing something that might not even be a problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah Attack On Titan really isnt a good example because despite the 4 year break the fans did get recap movies, live action movie, special episodes, OVAs, parody series, ongoing manga, games, merchandise and probably more stuff that i dont even realize

We only got musicals, merchandise and Sailor Moon Drops (which isnt even Crystal related)

Besides sometimes waiting longer doesnt mean they work on it more (see first season of Crystal)

Speaking of games though i really hope they'll release some rpg in a similar vein to Another Story

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
We don't even know for sure if there is a delay let's not make up assumptions about who is causing something that might not even be a problem.

Maybe we should use the word "wait" instead of "delay," then, as we dunno their production schedule in the 1st place. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:51 am 
inactive
Mmm I wonder why my last reply got deleted? I don't think I said anything offensive nor was I rude.

Anyway, like I mentioned before in my last reply before it got deleted, Toei is a much bigger anime studio so I doubt it would take too long to release S4, for a major studio like Toei they tend to release products much quicker than smaller studios, it typically takes about a year or maybe 2 years tops to release a new product, depending on the anime or franchise. Even though we still don't have any definitive confirmation from Toei about the release date for the Dream arc yet, but 2018 sounds like a plausible release time for S4, it's more doubtful for them to take any longer than that, I don't think it would take them 2 years or more to release S4.
The reason why I said I would be willing to wait another 3-4 years for S4 is because I'm probably in the minority who actually loves Crystal, so I'm probably more patient to wait longer than most other fans would be. But like I said, I doubt it would take that long for Toei to release S4, I think 2018 is the most likely time they'll release the Dream arc and it's not that long wait anyway, we only have to wait another year or so.

I think the main reason why it took Wit Studio several years to release S2 of AOT is because they are a much smaller studio with significantly less staff, so it's understandable it took them so long. But AOT fans had the privilege of enjoying MANY other AOT products and merchandise while they waited for S2, while we didn't get much content or products for Crystal in between seasons. I think the reason for that is because we get new seasons of Crystal much more frequently than AOT in comparison. Seasons 1 & 2 were released in 2014 and 2015 and S3 was just released last year, and S4 was only announced earlier this year, so we only have to wait about a year or so per season, and probably 2 years for S4, it's really not that long of a wait. Would we really need so much other content or merchandising for Crystal in between? There's literally tonnes and tonnes of merchandise and content for SM in general already, it's practically endless, all the merchandises just keeps coming, we have plenty of SM content and products to keep ourselves preoccupied with while we wait for S4.
Whereas AOT fans had to wait 3-4 years for S2, so understandably there were a lot more content and merchandising for AOT during that time to satisfy the fans and keep them preoccupied during the very long wait for S2.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I would like to get something more substantial like a new video game which we haven't had in years. We did get Luna as a character in that Monster Hunter but I think it's time for a new game. Maybe a Sailor Moon version of Dynasty Warriors like Nintendo did with Zelda? Weren't we also supposed to get some kind of Sailor Moon collarabation with Sanrio?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Actually the main reason AOT ook long was because they were waiting for more chapters of the manga to be release. So hey have more material for a season.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Attack on Titan has had enough time for awhile now to adapt more manga. They've actually been working on season two like two years ago? I still remember when some leaked footage of the second season popped up on YouTube. The big issue for AOT delay has been the animator shortage crisis.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I am hoping it will be released this Summer.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Clow wrote:
I am hoping it will be released this Summer.

Pretty unlikely, I'd say, I'm afraid. *sigh*

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
If we get a key visual and release date by Usagi's birthday, could there still be a chance for the fall at least?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:54 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Didn't they surprise us last year by releasing Season 3 in the Summer?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:40 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Quote:
Didn't they surprise us last year by releasing Season 3 in the Summer?

nope
s3 announcement was in September 2015
First image and new seiyuu was introduced in January 2016
First leaks with first ep was on AnimeJapan2016 at the end of March
Season III started in April
(srry bad english)

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:40 pm 
Luna
Luna
Since TOEI wants to drag this as much as possible, I'm guessing either Fall or Winter 2018.

I bet they are going to postpone the Stars arc until the franchise's 30th anniversary in 2022.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Since TOEI wants to drag this as much as possible, I'm guessing either Fall or Winter 2018.

I bet they are going to postpone the Stars arc until the franchise's 30th anniversary in 2022.

I think it's more about resource allocation priorities among projects than a deliberate business strategy to drag it as much as possible.

My J-pop corner