Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1961
With so many different versions that all have strengths and weaknesses that appeal to different kinds of fans and are mostly easily accessible to the fandom, I'm not sure why it's necessary for fans to keep arguing over which version is the definitive version of the story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:02 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 22813
Location: with Usagi
Gender: Male
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Neon Genesis wrote:
With so many different versions that all have strengths and weaknesses that appeal to different kinds of fans and are mostly easily accessible to the fandom, I'm not sure why it's necessary for fans to keep arguing over which version is the definitive version of the story.

I agree, all versions are cut from the same cloth and everyone loves sm for their own reasons and has their own views almost no two fans are exactly alike similar but not exact, so instead of pointing out which is the worst and which is superior why not appreciate
that we're here because SM means a lot to us, even if she isn't your favorite character it could be Rei Ami or whoever I mean the series as a whole any version including international dubs or even games and merch your here because SM is important to each of you, new and old fans alike.

after all isn't love and friendship a recurring theme in the series? I'm sure there's a lot of you who value that but then again this is the web everyone is annoyed about something no matter how big or small.

all I know is the the snobby bickering is something outsiders describe our fandom to be like do you really wanna carry that reputation?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 38010
Gender: Male
Now go back to the topic, everyone. lol

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2496
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
Back on topic, yes, Crystal Season 4 will have a hard time b/c of the Cardcaptor Sakura sequel anime.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 38010
Gender: Male
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
Back on topic, yes, Crystal Season 4 will have a hard time b/c of the Cardcaptor Sakura sequel anime.

So why do you think so? :)

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:26 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 5815
Location: Cuddling With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^i think it will have a tough time because Crystal wasn't as well received as Toei hoped it would be and CCS has a very devoted fan base (which I'm apart of) I'm still gonna watch the next season/movie simply because I've never read the manga and want to know what happens next (although I'm not a fan of Crystal)

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Now go back to the topic, everyone. lol


aww do we have to? :sadeyes: :sadeyes:

_________________
Image

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:02 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 38010
Gender: Male
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Now go back to the topic, everyone. lol


aww do we have to? :sadeyes: :sadeyes:

What do you mean? :?

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 5815
Location: Cuddling With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^i was joking Rika XD but i do stand by the rest of my last post

_________________
Image

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1468
Location: USA
Gender: female
Other: conservative
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
Back on topic, yes, Crystal Season 4 will have a hard time b/c of the Cardcaptor Sakura sequel anime.

I don't really think so there nboth two different thinds . Cardcaptor is an adaption of the new cardcaptors manga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:46 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3661
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
I don't think it will have a harder time; people who enjoy and watch Crystal, such as myself, will continue watching it.

As much as I would like to defend Crystal and say that Crystal is a good, consistent anime, doing so has become very difficult. :neutral:

_________________
Visit Clow's shop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
Posts: 327
CCS will premiere 7th January, wanna bet, that Toei will announce something SM related, to somehow cover that premiere? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:45 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 7331
Location: Philippines
kamil88 wrote:
CCS will premiere 7th January, wanna bet, that Toei will announce something SM related, to somehow cover that premiere? :)


I hope they do just so these Porsche riding TOEI executives know they have competition.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1961
Toei announced season three around January so I wouldn't be surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3661
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
Season 4 will have a harder time, yes, not because of the new CCS anime, but because of TOEI's growing collection of inconsistencies.

TOEI did a horrible job. The executives surprised me with season 3, which I felt was great, but rather than giving continuity to season 3 the same year they chose to change the format of the series (again) and cause even more unnecessary delays. My feeling, as a fan of Crystal, particularly season 3, is that TOEI killed the momentum of Season 3.

If I were Naoko, I would sue TOEI. I mean, it is money that could come to her pockets... to buy cars.

_________________
Visit Clow's shop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2009
Posts: 6095
Location: Wallington, NJ
kamil88 wrote:
CCS will premiere 7th January, wanna bet, that Toei will announce something SM related, to somehow cover that premiere? :)


Season 4 was announced as 2 movies so no, it won't work.

Plus the new CCS is 26 episodes with a second and maybe third season practically confirmed because it's NHK.

Discussion thread here:

http://www.sailormoonforum.com/viewtopi ... 62#p894662
viewtopic.php?p=894662#p894662

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:21 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1961
Clow wrote:
Season 4 will have a harder time, yes, not because of the new CCS anime, but because of TOEI's growing collection of inconsistencies.

TOEI did a horrible job. The executives surprised me with season 3, which I felt was great, but rather than giving continuity to season 3 the same year they chose to change the format of the series (again) and cause even more unnecessary delays. My feeling, as a fan of Crystal, particularly season 3, is that TOEI killed the momentum of Season 3.

Season three did get better fan reception but it's my understanding the BDs still sold poorly in Japan, possibly because they didn't fix any animation errors like they did with season one and two and the BDs were pretty bare bones in comparison to the season one and two releases. But I'm curious to see how well the season three BDs sale in the U.S. I feel like even though a lot of Western fans are divided on Crystal and the Viz release of the 90s anime, most North American fans seem pretty pleased and supportive of Viz's release of Crystal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:10 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Posts: 2708
Location: Outer Space
Gender: Biseinen Angel
Other: Kuiper Belt
After observing a little more, I don't think so. For some reason, CCS seems really niche to me compared to SM and I don't know why but I like to believe that SM has that Universal appeal and if they amp it up like they are supposed to, the fans will come running regardless. The Sailor Moon fanbase is more dedicated than CCS to me. We are the ones doing countless amounts of fan artwork, abridged series, updating transformations, creating spinoffs (both written and visual) and much more. SM is going to be featured in Universal in Japan.

CCS is good in it's own right but I don't think it will cause SM Dream Eclipse 1 any problems. After all, we have never seen an "accurate" portrayal of the Dream Arc..even though Toei has screwed up several times, curiosity is going to lure a LOT of people, probably all of SM fanbase to see and even some magical girl fans of shows not like SM right on over.

It's not a guarantee, but a high grossing SM film would def get them interested in doing a Stars one and possibly looking into doing a new series... Hopefully, with Chibi-Usa as Neo Sailor Moon.


In the hands of a competent director, writer and animation director, Toei has proven they can put out something interesting from the source material..Ali and En Arc, Nehellania mini Arc. If they do the same here and produce this movie with some decency, art and flow. This might turn out well. If not, well get a two part Stars OVA that is thrown together will basic animation. Lol

Lets hope this movie does well. It'd be nice if it was all animated show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1961
I don't think CCS will have any effect on Crystal because CCS and the Dream arc of Crystal are in two completely different formats. CCS is going to be a weekly TV show broadcast and Crystal is a movie format so I feel like comparing the two is a bit of an apples to oranges situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:43 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Years of membership
Joined: Mar 28, 2016
Posts: 8
They haven’t even released any information on the films. I doubt it’s even in production yet. CCS will be done before we get a film anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 11, 2013
Posts: 1400
They use old materials again...

http://sailormoon-official.com/informat ... koraBB.php

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 07, 2009
Posts: 2639
Location: Long Island, NY
Wow... Compared to the animation quality and stunning. Character designs. Tori looks like they just took a dump on Sailor Moon Crystal. So sad, seriously!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Posts: 2708
Location: Outer Space
Gender: Biseinen Angel
Other: Kuiper Belt
The new CCS opening looks nice. I don't like the song though. Looks like they know how to get things off to a good start. I enjoyed the white dress she had on and the object that looked like the Silver Crystal.

Crystal Season III opening was better though. Toei seems to do pretty good openings when they want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:42 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3661
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
Neon Genesis wrote:
...so I feel like comparing the two is a bit of an apples to oranges situation.


I saw some clips and it seems to me that this new CCS sequel has flawless animation, stunning visuals, whereas Crystal has awful animation and dealt with a series of inconsistencies.

You are not exactly comparing apples to oranges because both "Sailor Moon" and "Cardcaptor Sakura" *are* magical girl shows and both stories were serialized through the exact same magazine, Nakayoshi.

_________________
Visit Clow's shop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Jun 17, 2017
Posts: 23
I don't think Sailormoon crystal have harder time because of ccs new anime. Toei have to invest more on Sailormoon crystal! Since the beginning toei haven't put so much effort for this series, is a contraddiction 'cause Sailormoon in past have gave more visibility to the nakayoshi magazine and toei earned a lot from the animated series, bandai too with all the gadgets. They took inspiration from the series for create pretty cure. The new ccs anime is beautiful, i follow the manga too. Sailormoon manga for me is the best, but i don't know why the series always have to face up difficulty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1468
Location: USA
Gender: female
Other: conservative
PlutoDwarfPlanetPower wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Clow wrote:
The 90's anime is a consistent, iconic, solidly produced anime, and it deserves all the praise it gets.

I disagree with consistent part . Remember the filler episodes.

The 90s anime had no that much filler! Fillers are unnecessary episodes that can be removed without affecting the series. The 90s anime was a character driven series, not story driven and the majority of the episodes developed the characters even if they didn't advance the story so they cannot be filler by definition.

Yes some were character driven ,but they could be easily skipped. Some the episodes were just filler . If you missed them it wouldn't affect the plot at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:09 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 38010
Gender: Male
HeartWarrior wrote:
Tori looks like they just took a dump on Sailor Moon Crystal.

The typo looks as if you were mocking Toei as a birdbrain or something. :lol:

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Joined: Jan 09, 2018
Posts: 1
I really love the theme song and the new characters. Look unbelievably cute to me. Hope they got new seasons soon!

_________________
My dream is to watch manga and sailormoon all day. Doing projects in day time, and play game at night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 18, 2011
Posts: 905
Location: Tennessee
Gender: male
I'd say so, after watching the first three arcs of Crystal. The first arc suffered from the same LOLTOEI levels of shoddy animation work that Dragonball Super did starting out. The animation was improved by the second arc, but I'll say that I've never really been particularly impressed by the animation in Crystal. Third season included. Perhaps since this is a movie, the animation might be of a higher quality, but I'm not expecting to be blown away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 38010
Gender: Male
soloism wrote:
I really love the theme song and the new characters. Look unbelievably cute to me. Hope they got new seasons soon!

You may discuss CCS on the CCS threads here - there's even a whole subforum for CCS. :wink:

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 17, 2007
Posts: 1655
Naotoshi Shida tweeted that he hasn’t received anything yet for S4 part 1 and 2.

https://twitter.com/naoV47/status/95146 ... twterm%5E1

I’m curious if there will be any fans who’ll care enough to even see the movies when they release in 2019...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 6 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator