Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I think the only thing Pretty Cure has over SM are the action scenes (which are usually random jumping then some weird attack....or whatever) and not much else from what I've seen. I swear one of them reminds me of SM so much...it's either the Yes 5 Precure and that girl with the love me chain or Suite Pretty Cure, which kinda reminds me of SM as well. I thought the first Arc of PC was interesting with Cure Black and White. I like some of PC transformation and music tho.

Crystal made the Senshi more capable onscreen unlike the 90s which hardly ever showed them flying or doing attacks mid air as much.

Well at least S3 did lol..

I wonder what Naoko thinks of PC...??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Regardless of the quality of Pretty Cure, it is a ratings megagiant that always scores highly in TV ratings. Low ratings for the Niconico live stream for the first two seasons didn't stop Toei from making more. Toei doesn't care about ratings or how well Crystal performs against rivals as long as fans keep buying merchandise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

"Oh I love it, cos I love Sailor Moon bootlegs. :D "

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^^^ LMBO!!!! If she said that for real I'd fall out. But the real question is...what does she think of Crystal. Though I'd never get the chance to, I'd like to hear what she though worked & what didnt and how she compares it to NES Moon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Neon Genesis wrote:
Toei doesn't care about ratings or how well Crystal performs against rivals as long as fans keep buying merchandise.

Yes, as long as people continue buying things they don't really need, TOEI doesn't care. :o

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

"Oh I love it, cos I love Sailor Moon bootlegs. :D "

LOL. :D She did say that she liked Sailor Moon bootlegs, didn't she? :love:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:39 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I read somewhere that Universal Studiis Japan is doing an attraction with Final Fantasy and Sailor Moon and they are using the original 90s design tho for SM.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:32 am 
Planeta
Planeta
The 90's anime is a consistent, iconic, solidly produced anime, and it deserves all the praise it gets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:01 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Clow wrote:
The 90's anime is a consistent, iconic, solidly produced anime, and it deserves all the praise it gets.

Can't argue with that. It was a pretty consistent medium and was pretty well written show also. While it did take liberties away from Naoko's manga, it used some of those liberties to improve on a lot of other things the manga wasn't good at. Either way, Im curious to know what the attraction will be like. It'd be real cool to go to that I bet. I wonder if that Crystal Specialty shop is still around? I can't find any info about it. It was like a SM cafe or something. Looked legit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Despite CCS being my first anime, I never got into it. I surely liked it as a child(I even bought the doll and the wand) but when I rewatched it years later, I found it boring it and a bit corny.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Regardless of the quality of Pretty Cure, it is a ratings megagiant that always scores highly in TV ratings. Low ratings for the Niconico live stream for the first two seasons didn't stop Toei from making more. Toei doesn't care about ratings or how well Crystal performs against rivals as long as fans keep buying merchandise.

That's the nature of the beast. As long as the product makes money in some fashion, nothing else matters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^^^^So what's Crystal's excuse? Did it sell a lot of merchandise.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:54 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
So what's Crystal's excuse? Did it sell a lot of merchandise.

I guess the franchise as a whole did. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:00 am 
Luna
Luna
Clow wrote:

This sounds incredibly unbiased.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

SMC's goods almost disappeared from the official site.
And they even used 90's anime for the transformation pens, coffee shops... :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
Clow wrote:

I disagree with consistent part . Remember the filler episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Crystal Moon wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

SMC's goods almost disappeared from the official site.
And they even used 90's anime for the transformation pens, coffee shops... :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Oh wow. I didn't know that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
SILVER wrote:

Of course. :roll: Only those who share your opinions are unbiased. Everyone else is biased, somehow. :o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:35 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
SILVER wrote:

Of course. :roll: Only those who share your opinions are unbiased. Everyone else is biased, somehow. :o

Well, it cannot be denied that the old anime is the best aspect of the franchise(despite having some flaws). I love the manga.... but it is not a masterpiece, the story is full of plot-holes and Naoko is not a very good screenwriter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:38 pm 
Luna
Luna
@SignorinaTsukino: I agree with you. SILVER hates the original anime and was being sarcastic and snide with that "unbiased" comment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Clow wrote:

I dont think fillers make the show inconsistent because thats the kind of format they decided to go with and it was there from start to finish. On top of that all fillers were made in such way that they're part of the bigger story.

It would be inconsistent if for example they did fillers heavy season 1 and story heavy season 2. Or after 20 episodes of fillerville they changed into non-fillers till the end of the season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
Sailor Starlight wrote:
SILVER wrote:

Well, it cannot be denied that the old anime is the best aspect of the franchise(despite having some flaws). I love the manga.... but it is not a masterpiece, the story is full of plot-holes and Naoko is not a very good screenwriter.

I think no versions in the franchise can be said to be a masterpiece. lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 pm 
Luna
Luna
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I think no versions in the franchise can be said to be a masterpiece.

Of course, it can. Masterpiece doesn't mean flawless.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I think no versions in the franchise can be said to be a masterpiece.

Of course, it can. Masterpiece doesn't mean flawless.

Yup, it doesn't, but I think the flaws in the various versions of the franchise are just way too big/many for them to be a real masterpiece. That doesn't stop them to become a historically significant/influential or milestone-like classic in their respective turfs, tho. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Yup, it doesn't, but I think the flaws in the various versions of the franchise are just way too big/many for them to be a real masterpiece. That doesn't stop them to become a historically significant/influential or milestone-like classic in their respective turfs, tho. :)

Agreed. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
Sailor Starlight wrote:
SILVER wrote:

the 90s anime is a masterpiece to me (except Stars Post Nehelenia Arc I hated depressed Usagi) her story would've been better had she not been rushed so much, so all the blame there goes to her director.

Arc 2 and up were much better as she was finally able to truly flesh out her characters and really take her time (still plenty of errors though like Uranus's really long arm XD) her art style was tough for me to get by (just from what I've seen of it) but I've seen a lot worse (One Piece anyone?) all in all the Manga was far from perfect but it was far from horrible as well and in my eyes it doesn't matter which version of Sailor Moon you love its still Sailor Moon at the end of the day.

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
^ wouldn't call the 90s a masterpiece it has tons of flaws and I hate some things in it like Chiba, the break up arc, the way chiba and Usagi's relationship is handled, Chibiusa's weird infatuation with Chiba, the way SuperS focused on Chibiusa, the way Stars was handled after the Starlights appear I could go on however it's as close to a perfect SM as I could hope for
but that's just me I speak only for me in this case, I'm not big on the manga there's a lot I like about it but it isn't my cup of tea to that degree neither is crystal PGSM is the second best version to me and all Future SM should follow PGSM's example in terms of story and character development

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:05 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Prince Rose wrote:
^ wouldn't call the 90s a masterpiece it has tons of flaws and I hate some things in it like Chiba, the break up arc, the way chiba and Usagi's relationship is handled, Chibiusa's weird infatuation with Chiba, the way SuperS focused on Chibiusa, the way Stars was handled after the Starlights appear I could go on however it's as close to a perfect SM as I could hope for
but that's just me I speak only for me in this case, I'm not big on the manga there's a lot I like about it but it isn't my cup of tea to that degree neither is crystal PGSM is the second best version to me and all Future SM should follow PGSM's example in terms of story and character development

I agree with you Rose.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:02 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Filler doesn't equal bad.

For example:

Episode 28, "The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer," has a lot of depth and Usagi and Mamoru's relationship feels more romantic than it does in the manga. Tuxedo Mask loses the star locket in episode 26, then Sailor Moon retrieves it, and discovers that it belonged to him.

I vastly prefer how Usagi and Mamoru's relationship is handled in the 90's anime than in the manga or in Crystal. The episode in which they are trapped in the elevator and are forced to reveal their identities to each other is better than any manga chapter I have read or Crystal episode I have seen.

Another example:

Episode 31: "Love and Chased: Luna's Worst Day Ever" is a classic (no pun intended) directed by Ikuhara. Nobody was able to predict that Ikuhara would rise as high as he did in the anime industry and this episode, a filler, allowed him to demonstrate what he had to offer.

The "R" movie is itself a filler and is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:43 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
I didn't mean the fillers themselves were inconsistent.I mean how they are written is inconsistent. Take Jadeite in the last epispde ,He belittle he sailor guardians
Clow wrote:
Filler doesn't equal bad.

For example:

Episode 28, "The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer," has a lot of depth and Usagi and Mamoru's relationship feels more romantic than it does in the manga. Tuxedo Mask loses the star locket in episode 26, then Sailor Moon retrieves it, and discovers that it belonged to him.

I vastly prefer how Usagi and Mamoru's relationship is handled in the 90's anime than in the manga or in Crystal. The episode in which they are trapped in the elevator and are forced to reveal their identities to each other is better than any manga chapter I have read or Crystal episode I have seen.

Another example:

Episode 31: "Love and Chased: Luna's Worst Day Ever" is a classic (no pun intended) directed by Ikuhara. Nobody was able to predict that Ikuhara would rise as high as he did in the anime industry and this episode, a filler, allowed him to demonstrate what he had to offer.

The "R" movie is itself a filler and is amazing.
because they are female .In an earlier in the episode he sayas they are worthy oponents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:08 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
imaginationgirl wrote:
Clow wrote:

The 90s anime had no that much filler! Fillers are unnecessary episodes that can be removed without affecting the series. The 90s anime was a character driven series, not story driven and the majority of the episodes developed the characters even if they didn't advance the story so they cannot be filler by definition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next