Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Lol..no request for work ehh???

I keep coming here like a goofball expecting to find out what's going on with my show?

Does this mean that it's in production hell or just that they ain't started on it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:32 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Naotoshi Shida tweeted that he hasn’t received anything yet for S4 part 1 and 2.

https://twitter.com/naoV47/status/95146 ... twterm%5E1

I’m curious if there will be any fans who’ll care enough to even see the movies when they release in 2019...

Is 2019 the date? I thought they were coming out this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
S4’s hard time will likely be due to lack of press and lack of hype from fans. Toei continues to drop the ball entirely with this adaptation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
flockapowpow wrote:
S4’s hard time will likely be due to lack of press and lack of hype from fans. Toei continues to drop the ball entirely with this adaptation.

So it's like a vicious cycle between Toei & fans? *sigh*

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:15 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well that was to be expected... We have absolutely 0 News since months about this Project.
For me it was just a way to just test the hype about these 2 movies and the reactions were pretty "bad".

Sailor Moon's arcs cannot be adapted into a movie. The only part in the manga I could see adapted is the last part of "Sailor Stars". But for sure not an entire arc...

I think the 2 movies Projects will die and will not hear anymore in 2018/19.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wait why are people panicking again? Because ONE animator isnt working on the movies (and we dont know if he will at all)?

So are we just ignoring that Yasuharu Takanashi is clearly doing music for it as we speak? :googly:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:40 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
Wait why are people panicking again? Because ONE animator isnt working on the movies (and we dont know if he will at all)?

So are we just ignoring that Yasuharu Takanashi is clearly doing music for it as we speak? :googly:

It’s not just any animator, it’s Naotoshi Shida who has been with Crystal since the first OP and is one Toei’s pro animators. If it means that Crystal is losing him that’s even worse news as a series that’s been universally panned for its poor animation can’t afford losing more talented animators at this point.

While it’s great news that Takanashi is working on music, the BGM tends to be completed before preproduction of any anime. At this point considering both Toei’s and Chiaki Kon’s workload it’s doubtful that Part 1 will premiere any earlier than late 2018, but I feel like early 2019 is even more likely (they delayed one of their Saint Seiya projects to 2019 after it was announced almost a year ago). That’s fine if the movies will be any good, but the last time we waited an eternity we got...Crystal Season 1. I don’t trust Toei at this point considering they’ve made it a point to show that Crystal is their lowest priority.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
So are we just ignoring that Yasuharu Takanashi is clearly recycling music from other shows for it as we speak? :googly:

Fixed because it's what he does best (or worst depending on fans' point of view).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:

It’s not just any animator, it’s Naotoshi Shida who has been with Crystal since the first OP and is one Toei’s pro animators. If it means that Crystal is losing him that’s even worse news as a series that’s been universally panned for its poor animation can’t afford losing more talented animators at this point.

While it’s great news that Takanashi is working on music, the BGM tends to be completed before preproduction of any anime. At this point considering both Toei’s and Chiaki Kon’s workload it’s doubtful that Part 1 will premiere any earlier than late 2018, but I feel like early 2019 is even more likely (they delayed one of their Saint Seiya projects to 2019 after it was announced almost a year ago). That’s fine if the movies will be any good, but the last time we waited an eternity we got...Crystal Season 1. I don’t trust Toei at this point considering they’ve made it a point to show that Crystal is their lowest priority.

I mean, i get that Shida is good but i think he was the key animator for 3 episodes out of 39 so its not like the entire anime was on his shoulders. I imagine they still might call him for the transformations/attacks or get him for the second movie. He is talented but i dont think he is necessary for the movies to be good.

As for Takanashi: i checked when he was working for S3 OST and seems it was around December 2015 so also when the season was in production, 4 months before the season aired

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27706

While that doesnt confirm anything i think its likely the first movie is also in production as we speak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Ultimately we just don't know enough information about what's happening with the movies and we should just wait patiently till we find out more instead of worrying about something we can't control or have any real knowledge about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
SailorSugababe wrote:
I mean, i get that Shida is good but i think he was the key animator for 3 episodes out of 39 so its not like the entire anime was on his shoulders. I imagine they still might call him for the transformations/attacks or get him for the second movie. He is talented but i dont think he is necessary for the movies to be good.

He was key animator for part of both openings (or all 3 if we count some of the Black Moon changes) and was the storyboard artist for Acts 2, 9 & 12 plus those 3 episodes you mentioned were for Moon & Chibi Moon's transformations & season 3 speeches so assuming he was to return for this, It would make the most sense to have him do the Double Moon transformation which is likely to happen in the first film since it debuted in Act 39 of the manga.

If he hasn't been brought in, it's either because they haven't started yet or because someone else did that scene instead which if true, I REALLY hope it's not the guy who did the Super Sailor Moon transformation. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:40 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
^ I just dont think Toei would request the composer to do brand new music for Dream arc if the work on first movie wouldnt be at least somewhat advanced. As S3 shows he was doing the music pretty much when they were working on the anime.

As i said its still possible Shida will be working on the first movie but maybe just on those special animations like opening, transformations, attacks. I imagine these always are something separate from regular episode animation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
When the first episode of season III was premiered on wide screen (about 1 months before airing on TV), they even didn't show the OP and ED theme. It could mean the OP is the last thing to be done in the production progress. This usually happened with other anime too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
Ultimately we just don't know enough information about what's happening with the movies and we should just wait patiently till we find out more instead of worrying about something we can't control or have any real knowledge about.

I think that's precisely why it feels so worrisome for many fans. ^_^'

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
I don't think so.

The new CCS anime is aimed at fans of the original anime, given that it's a sequel rather than a reboot. I'm sure there are first timers watching it, but most of its success will come from the already dedicated fans.

Similarly, Sailor Moon Crystal is only really backed by avid Sailor Moon fans. It's third season was mediocre at best and it's more than likely that that won't change. While Crystal isn't what I would call particularly successful, what success it has is due to Sailor Moon's very dedicated fanbase.

Also, I'm sure that the Clear Card arc will be over before SMC season 4 sees the light of day.

However, even though one is a reboot and one is a sequel, CCS really puts Crystal to shame given it does everything right that Crystal does wrong.

Now I'm not a Crystal hater - I don't like it, but it is what it is. I hope I'm not offending anyone who likes Crystal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I think that's precisely why it feels so worrisome for many fans. ^_^'
Certainly it is of concern but it's not something we have any control over as fans and I feel like it just adds unneeded stress to speculate about what's happening behind the scenes we can't control. The only thing we can do is wait and I'm just keeping myself busy with other hobbies like playing video games and watching other anime shows.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
crescent wrote:
Also, I'm sure that the Clear Card arc will be over before SMC season 4 sees the light of day.

Actually it's likely to get a second season since the network it's on is known for pushing for sequels of anime they co-produce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NJ_ wrote:
crescent wrote:

Actually it's likely to get a second season since the network it's on is known for pushing for sequels of anime they co-produce.

Then SMC S4 might come after that instead. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:32 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
well ccs clear card will have 24 episodes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They should announce the release date at least! I don't care it's December 2018 or July 2019! But they already did so with Dragonball, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 am 
Planeta
Planeta
yaya_ikuto wrote:

I thought they said 26? And that NHK had expressed interest in making more seasons?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:17 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Neon Genesis wrote:

No offense, but I don't think we need any real knowledge to know that TOEI is the cause of the problem.

TOEI is a big studio that owns several franchises that are extremely popular (Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Pretty Cure, Digimon, to name a few). To keep up with the demand, TOEI is forced to outsource its animation, limit its budget, and choose which franchises are more important. "Sailor Moon Crystal," sadly, was not on the top of TOEI's list.

CCS's situation is entirely differently; the new CCS anime is supported by the gigantic NHK and it also feels like a labor of love. CLAMP could have let NHK do whatever it wanted to CCS (the case of "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles," a grave mistake), but no. Nanase Ohkawa (director and primary writer of most CLAMP stories) is actually writing the screenplay of the anime herself and the anime truly feels like a reunion: Madhouse, NHK, and all of the original voice actors together, again. Maaya Sakamoto returns to perform the opening theme. There is an element of novelty and of nostalgia. I think it is fair to say that the treatment CCS is receiving is vastly different than the one that Crystal received from TOEI.

I think that without the support of us, fans, watching ads on Crunchyroll and buying merchandise, Crystal would not have had any success.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Clow wrote:

No offense, but I don't think we need any real knowledge to know that TOEI is the cause of the problem.

TOEI is a big studio that owns several franchises that are extremely popular (Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Pretty Cure, Digimon, to name a few). To keep up with the demand, TOEI is forced to outsource its animation, limit its budget, and choose which franchises are more important. "Sailor Moon Crystal," sadly, was not on the top of TOEI's list.

I wasn't talking about CCS at all? I was saying we don't know any details about how far along they are in the production of season four. I didn't say anything about it in comparison to CCS at all so I don't know what you're arguing with me about here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Oh, my apologies, I did not intend to convey the impression that I was arguing.

I stand by my point that TOEI does not treat Sailor Moon with any respect, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:07 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Clow wrote:
yaya_ikuto wrote:

I thought they said 26? And that NHK had expressed interest in making more seasons?

No they are 24 now seasons have 12 episodes so they will be 2 seasons or mh maybe not

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
^Actually it's 22 episodes, NHK originally announced it to have 26 but it was changed a week later.

viewtopic.php?p=894662#p894662
viewtopic.php?p=895734#p895734

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Lets all calm down , if we hget it late 2018 so be it . It s no skin on my nose . They could be seeing what work for allseasons, and do their best for the movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:11 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
NJ_ wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:
So are we just ignoring that Yasuharu Takanashi is clearly recycling music from other shows for it as we speak? :googly:

Fixed because it's what he does best (or worst depending on fans' point of view).

Really? Given that CCS is one of the anime that does filler really, really well, I would love that. That, and it's inevitably going to end before the manga does, given how the manga chapters are released monthly and the anime is already through 3 chapters in a single episode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6