* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I wish we had a english diub of Moon Pride
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Moon Pride is one my favorite Crystal song and sailor moon song in general. I wish we had a dubbed of Moon Pride though.I just want to hear it in English.

Post subject: Re: I wish we had a english diub of Moon Pride
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I agree.
It would make the English dub just a bit more special.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:40 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm glad we tend to not dub anime openings anymore...the end results are rarely good, and even if they do sound okay, the language used always sounds a bit "off" due to having to match the song beats while translating but also making it rhyme or sound "song-y" enough. It's difficult work and I think it's beyond the ken of most dubbing studios.

That said, there are plenty of English covers for it on YouTube, as well as covers in other languages.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
John wrote:
I'm glad we tend to not dub anime openings anymore...the end results are rarely good, and even if they do sound okay, the language used always sounds a bit "off" due to having to match the song beats while translating but also making it rhyme or sound "song-y" enough. It's difficult work and I think it's beyond the ken of most dubbing studios.

That said, there are plenty of English covers for it on YouTube, as well as covers in other languages.

They would have to write an entirely new song in order for it to not grate on the ears.

Take for instance, Boku Wa Motto Pioneer from Tenchi Muyou.
The Japanese version is quite good, and somehow they wrote English lyrics for the same melody which is in its own right a decent song while not trying to be a translation of the original. The English version is simply called "I am a Pioneer."

Some people will just have to settle for learning how to sing and pronounce the Japanese lyrics correctly as their "English Version."

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:35 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MrShoujo wrote:
John wrote:

They would have to write an entirely new song in order for it to not grate on the ears.

Take for instance, Boku Wa Motto Pioneer from Tenchi Muyou.
The Japanese version is quite good, and somehow they wrote English lyrics for the same melody which is in its own right a decent song while not trying to be a translation of the original. The English version is simply called "I am a Pioneer."

Some people will just have to settle for learning how to sing and pronounce the Japanese lyrics correctly as their "English Version."

It'd still be in Japanese.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Music rights are too expensive these days for anime companies to afford the license to dub them and the Sailor Moon license was already expensive as is. But this is still the best dub opening for an anime by far.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Neon Genesis wrote:
Music rights are too expensive these days for anime companies to afford the license to dub them and the Sailor Moon license was already expensive as is. But this is still the best dub opening for an anime by far.

I LOVE this anime so much!!! And the English version is pretty darn good too.