Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:
So how much time do you think there will be between the release dates of the two films?

I predict by a year, with part 1 getting released in fall 2018 and part 2 in fall 2019 (in Japan).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
magic713 wrote:
So how much time do you think there will be between the release dates of the two films?

I predict by a year, with part 1 getting released in fall 2018 and part 2 in fall 2019 (in Japan).

And then the Stars one (if they'd produce it) could be in 2020, just after the Summer Olympics. :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Digimon Tri movies only have about 4 to 6 months between them, so I'm guessing we'll get the first Dream movie Spring 2018 with the second one coming at either the end of 2018 or the start of 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
The Digimon Tri movies only have about 4 to 6 months between them, so I'm guessing we'll get the first Dream movie Spring 2018 with the second one coming at either the end of 2018 or the start of 2019.

Yeah, i dont think we will wait very long for both movies. Wouldnt be surprised to get some more info still this year

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:57 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SailorSugababe wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Yeah, i dont think we will wait very long for both movies. Wouldnt be surprised to get some more info still this year

Yeah, we need more info to feed this forum. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:20 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
More info! More info! :-P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:34 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Okay..Umm yeah so honestly, I do mind that this SM series is taking forever but at the same time I don't because it is a cartoon. I love SM almost more than any other anime..I like Cutey Honey as well but anyways. I sorta don't agree with Toei doesn't owe us anything statement...Umm yes they do...They are a anime studio that's makes anime and other shows...If anyone on here has brought any Crystal product or is a dedicated fan of the series, then yes, Toei does owe us something and at the end of the day that is a good quality product that we can put our faith. As fans and consumers of products for this show we can all whine and groan as much as well like. It is because of us that this show is popular, we are the ones that buy the merchandise and power the Sailor Moon series. Where would Toei and even Naoko be without fans?

My first impression of this news was that it was pure bull but after reading through the thread and other views, it might not be bad for Dream to become a movie. I guess somewhere in my mind I had this warped 90s comparison bug, thinking that the Amazon Trio and Quartet would be around for many episodes, forgetting that this streams the manga thin storyline.

What will make me frustrated is if we sit here waiting a​ long time to get this movie and it's a lackluster product with no improvement in overall quality. Season 3 was good but when S4 comes, they need to step their game up. We don't want any half-written thrown together bland story with recycled attacks and dull transformations either. We want that same enthusiasm they put into each Pretty Cure transformation (minus all that extra slow flying and glitter). Sorry, but I agree with some fans gripes. I wouldn't pay a ton of money for a lackluster Blu-Ray either. All we (or I) want as a fan is a new era of SM I can watch over for years to come and enjoy. Episode 45 of the 90s anime alone obliterates almost the entire run of Season 1 of Crystal.

But anyways, everyone better keep their fingers crossed!

Last edited by Star Angel Haruki on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:28 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
What will make me frustrated is if we waited​ long to get a movie and it's a lackluster product with no improvement in overall quality.

I hope this isn't an accurate prediction. XD

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think its important to keep in mind few things

First: i dont believe Toei would dare (or even could) to announce Season 4 as movies (or as anything really) without Naoko's agreement and approval.
And since she's on board that means they convinced her its doable and it will be a faithful manga adaptation (and Crystal continuation). Another thing is that the director didnt change. So there's less risk that the story and the direction of the series will be massively chaged. If Chiaki Kon stays it means Toei and/or Naoko were pleased with her work on season 3 and thats important. Why?

Here's the second thing: Whether you liked Chiaki Kon and season 3 or not you cant deny that S3 is the most faithful adaptation of the manga we've had EVER. 90s anime, PGSM, Musicals werent even trying to be close. S1 of Crystal was rather faithful but had a lot of changes past act 5. S2 was more faithful than S1 but still had a decent amount of significant changes. Whereas S3 barely changed and cut out anything. The biggest change was splitting act 27 in two parts and adding some fluff innit but even that was made so they wouldnt have to cut out stuff. Chiaki Kon as a director of both S3 and S4 gives us hope of both continuation without massive changes and for the movies to be as faithful manga adaptations as possible.

Finally third thing about the timing: Its hard to predict how long it will take to even reach he first movie but a year should be enough. I know that back in 2012 when new anime was announced they said "next year" and we waited two years afterall but back then it was a just simple announcement and nothing else. Now we have format and number of movies and the director. That means they're ready to start the work or even already started.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yes, but a lot of people weren't removed from the staff. The people who are not here went away on their own. The thing is since this is going to be a movie they will be cuts. Probably will be massive.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:30 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
imaginationgirl wrote:
The thing is since this is going to be a movie they will be cuts. Probably will be massive.

If it was a single movie, I'd completely agree. But since it is two films, that means more time, which means more content can be included. That makes me a little more hopeful.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
The thing is since this is going to be a movie they will be cuts. Probably will be massive.

If it was a single movie, I'd completely agree. But since it is two films, that means more time, which means more content can be included. That makes me a little more hopeful.

Yes that does mae me also a bit hopeful.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Great news!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I think this video is a fair and balanced look at the pros and cons of Crystal season four being a movie series.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:22 am 
Luna
Luna
That video is definitely helping to assuage my fears, thanks for sharing it Neon Genesis. There is obviously a chance that it could be a complete disaster, but Crystal has a pattern of getting better with every story arc. That's thanks to Takeuchi's writing getting a bit stronger as time goes on as well as Toei putting more effort into each successive season. So hopefully these two movies will follow that pattern.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:25 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
First: i dont believe Toei would dare (or even could) to announce Season 4 as movies (or as anything really) without Naoko's agreement and approval.
And since she's on board that means they convinced her its doable and it will be a faithful manga adaptation (and Crystal continuation).

She approved the musicals as well, and they're not exactly a faithful adaptation of its source material :P
I personally think the movies will be ok. They won't have top notch animation, but they won't be the atrocity that season 1 and 2 were. I'm guessing something like... two long episodes of season 3, but covering Dreams' Arc.
No big changes, no big surprises, IMO. And at the end of the day, we are getting new Sailor Moon animation, which is something I celebrate.
If it's two movies or nothing, then I'll gladly watch both films, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
C-17 wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:
And since she's on board that means they convinced her its doable and it will be a faithful manga adaptation (and Crystal continuation).

She approved the musicals as well, and they're not exactly a faithful adaptation of its source material :P

I dont think anyone, ever expected musicals to be faithful to the manga, its just a different format.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:15 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Even if the movies turn out to be great, I think one aspect I will miss the most about it is the weekly fandom discussions. In spite of my sometimes frustrations with the fandom, I always looked forward to having a new episode air every Monday and being able to talk about it on Twitter and on forums with other Moonies and have to get excited about every Monday. It won't be the same as a movie series since the discussion will go by much faster as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
^- Yeah, that is a bummer. This place and other SM communities really come alive when a fresh ep is out. I suspect we'll see quite a bump when each film is released but it will die down quickly without regular injections of excitement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Since there's a lot of CLAMP fans here, maybe we can start a weekly discussion for the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime when that premieres to drive up conversation?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Today is the birthday of Sailor Moon Crystal! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:07 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Or we could watch it and speculate what the second film will be like. The Dream Arc has only like 11 chapters. Toei has to add in some stuff. I'm curious about some things the movie will do with the Inners upgrades and henshins.

What would have been interesting is if they actually kept the timeline into present day. The Inner Senshi are grown women & have kids now who are also Sailor Senshi with Chibi USA as the new Sailor Moon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Or we could watch it and speculate what the second film will be like. The Dream Arc has only like 11 chapters. Toei has to add in some stuff. I'm curious about some things the movie will do with the Inners upgrades and henshins.

What would have been interesting is if they actually kept the timeline into present day. The Inner Senshi are grown women & have kids now who are also Sailor Senshi with Chibi USA as the new Sailor Moon.

Chibiusa and the Asteroid Senshi have their turn now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Honestly i would LOVE if the quartet got their senshi powers earlier and helped fighting the Circus and Nehelenia. Their awakening is so rushed and short. I know they appear at the end of Stars but then they feel a bit out of place and dont have much time to shine anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:10 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
So could the movie be an actual great plan for Dream since theatrical films usually get bigger budgets. Kind of like how the 90s movies look Superior to the 90s TV show. Is it possible that Dream will have a bigger budget, stunning animation and then the movie gets split into episodes and put on something like Crunchy Roll? The more I think about it, I get a little excited. My hope isn't super high but the possibility for this too look beautiful is high..In fact I hope they don't just for Stars as well. The movies do so well they spawn a new story of SM like how DBZ did.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:40 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Aren't there 11 Acts in Dream? Ultimately, if they would've done a "season," that would break it down to approx 2 hours and 20 minutes worth of episodes (if they continued to do 1:1). 2 movies at an hour and a half or more each would cover the whole arc. I am excited for this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:03 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
SailorSugababe wrote:
I dont think anyone, ever expected musicals to be faithful to the manga, its just a different format.

Then what makes you think that Naoko's approval means a faithful adaptation?
Most Sailor Moon adaptations differ considerably from its source material, even Crystal drifted from it occasionally, and Naoko approved all of it.
I think the new films will be as faithful as possible, mainly because that's what this series went for since the beginning. But I disagree with this "Naoko approved it, so we're good" sentiment.
We'll see when they're out anyways, hopefully they'll be successful enough for us to get Stars as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
C-17 wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:

Most Sailor Moon adaptations differ considerably from its source material, even Crystal drifted from it occasionally, and Naoko approved all of it.
I think the new films will be as faithful as possible, mainly because that's what this series went for since the beginning. But I disagree with this "Naoko approved it, so we're good" sentiment.
We'll see when they're out anyways, hopefully they'll be successful enough for us to get Stars as well.

Well first and foremost, despite all the bad changes in S1, Crystal still is a very faithful adaptation of the manga. Its pretty clear (almost) no one liked the changes they've made (or at least the way they've been made). Season 2 had a lot less changes, season 3 little to no changes. The series was becoming more and more faithful with each season, also getting more fanbase praise and better reviews. Now the person who directed the most faithful season yet is directing these movies. So why would Naoko, Chiaki Kon and Toei want suddenly throw it all out of the window and try S1 route (so mostly faithful but with significant differences) yet again when it received such backlash? Its Naoko's first (almost) 1:1 adaptation. Its possible she was openminded about some tweaks to he story before Crystal even started but when it backfired in season 1 they wen back to nearly page by page adaptation. I cant see Naoko wanting to change that (for her own sake and for fans sake aswell) when it works so well

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
C-17 wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:

Yeah I think Naoko recognizes, respects, and trusts the creative freedoms in the different adaptations of Sailor Moon. However, Crystal has been pretty faithful thus far so logically speaking, there is a strong likelihood that the Dream arc will be faithfully adapted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:41 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
I think the one change Crystal made to the manga's story that people actually liked was how Prince Demand died by standing against Wiseman to protect the good guys (even if he claimed that he merely didn't want Wiseman destroying that which he sought to claim for himself), rather than his being killed by Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next