Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:55 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I can't believe I forgot to check the forum on Usagi's birthday..

I'm on the fence about the Dream arc being adapted into two movies. I really wanted the content to be expanded on into a full season and have Stars be adapted into a beautiful movie. Thanks for sharing the movie Neon Genesis, it definitely calmed me down. I am still extremely worried about the animation looking like Tri, One Piece, and DBS..

I need to reread the arc to figure out what would be a good cut for the movies..
Spoiler: show
black lung or the outer senshi's reappearance

Regardless, I'm happy my favorite arc is getting it's adaptation and not canceled :love:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yayyy I am so happy! :innocent: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Attachment:
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao1_540.png
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao1_540.png [ 707 Bytes | Viewed 1305 times ]

Apparently, they might no even starte production. Which mae since the voice acters were surprise at the annoucement ?
Attachment:
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao2_400.png
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao2_400.png [ 80.16 KiB | Viewed 1297 times ]

Attachment:
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao3_400.png
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao3_400.png [ 81.86 KiB | Viewed 1297 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Attachment:
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao1_540.png
tumblr_osvtc0HzaN1v0x8nao1_540.png [ 707 Bytes | Viewed 1293 times ]

Repostin this again since it didn't work the first time .Basically an animator hasn't benn called in yet . We might be waitig longer than we thought

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Still can't see that image. :confused:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Its not that surprising really. Season 3 was announced in September 2015 but from what we've heard most of the work on it was done in Q1 of 2016 (lets not even mention season 1-2). They just announced the movies over a week ago. They might still do the planning for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
Its not that surprising really. Season 3 was announced in September 2015 but from what we've heard most of the work on it was done in Q1 of 2016 (lets not even mention season 1-2). They just announced the movies over a week ago. They might still do the planning for it.

Season 3 why not annouced was actually worked on before season 2 ended .Well at least the plans were . This makes me a little upset.Hey we migt see it on 2018 . Ugh the forum is hatein my images .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Season 3 why not annouced was actually worked on before season 2 ended .Well at least the plans were . This makes me a little upset.Hey we migt see it on 2018 . Ugh the forum is hatein my images .

That was just an info that a continuation will happen a simple "see you soon", showing that Toei intends the show to go on. The actual announcement was in late September.

I wouldnt worry about any delays just yet, only because they didnt start the work a week after the announcement (and the entire evidence is that one animator didnt receive an invitation yet). I dont think anyone is expecting the movie this year. Probably early to mid 2018 for the 1st movie is the most realistic scenario and they have plenty of time to make that happen without any delays

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
Ugh the forum is hatein my images .

You may try re-attaching it - another forum member has just done that lately, successfully showing the image in the end. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

That was just an info that a continuation will happen a simple "see you soon", showing that Toei intends the show to go on. The actual announcement was in late September.

I wouldnt worry about any delays just yet, only because they didnt start the work a week after the announcement (and the entire evidence is that one animator didnt receive an invitation yet). I dont think anyone is expecting the movie this year. Probably early to mid 2018 for the 1st movie is the most realistic scenario and they have plenty of time to make that happen without any delays

No I wasn't talk about the see you soon . I mean the season 3 plans were starting to get work on before season 2 ended. But I do agree yes I don't think will get the ovie until mid next year .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:27 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

The surely we're in preproduction for season 3 by the time Act 26 aired.

Why is early to mid 2018 a realistic scenario? Especially if they have not lifted a finger yet. 9-12 months to make a movie doesn't sound long at all, unless it's to quality animation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
I'm confused but does this mean that they haven't even found the key people before announcing the film? I would have though the would have rounded off at least the key folks.

Ive been so impatient I know but man, can you imagine it's been bout 4 years? Time flies! I rewatched bits of Season III today and I appreciate Kon's contribution. I was looking at the Mistress 9 to Hotaru body battle and it was one of the most disturbing scenes almost from SM. With her being the director, I'm sure it will be "okay" at worst. She seems to be the one to allow some edge to pass through with the series and perhaps a movie is one way to escape the primetime censorship?

I just wish they had started on something, even if it was s teaser of a film trailer.

Watching S3 makes me hungry for more SM...lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:14 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ If that's the case, should have the other seasons have been made into Movies instead?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:38 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I'm confused but does this mean that they haven't even found the key people before announcing the film? I would have though the would have rounded off at least the key folks.

Ive been so impatient I know but man, can you imagine it's been bout 4 years? Time flies!

I just wish they had started on something, even if it was s teaser of a film trailer.

Basically, what I can tell by the tweets they basicaly haven't started anything . They havn't been recruiting folks at all or doing anything . Which really makes sense how vague the announcement of four . Compare tpo 3 that had the key people picked out . Basically, Crystal was really was in limbo for a year. The only thing we know, and they have Chiaki Kon. ( But won't surprise me that might change too .)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I would love it for it to come out this year but I would much rather they take their time to put out a product that's at least at the same quality as season three than put out something poor and rushed. And I thought Chiaki Kon was already done with Naruto?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
I would love it for it to come out this year but I would much rather they take their time to put out a product that's at least at the same quality as season three than put out something poor and rushed. And I thought Chiaki Kon was already done with Naruto?

She might be still working on Borutou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
imaginationgirl wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Ive been so impatient I know but man, can you imagine it's been bout 4 years? Time flies!

Basically, what I can tell by the tweets they basicaly haven't started anything . They havn't been recruiting folks at all or doing anything . Which really makes sense how vague the announcement of four . Compare tpo 3 that had the key people picked out . Basically, Crystal was really was in limbo for a year. The only thing we know, and they have Chiaki Kon. ( But won't surprise me that might change too .)

Aww...Oh well, all.we can do is wait and hope we get some good clarity.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sera-V wrote:

Why is early to mid 2018 a realistic scenario? Especially if they have not lifted a finger yet. 9-12 months to make a movie doesn't sound long at all, unless it's to quality animation.

Any evidence that they were indeed in preproduction for S3 before S2 ended? Because its the first time im hearing this.

I think its realistic to start expecting something at that point in time. Toei is producing a lot of anime movies each year for both theatrical release and tv (specials). Not sure why they wont be able to release one next year when for example Digimon Tri is getting one each 6 months or so.

Once again: them not working on it already (so ten days after the announcement) is not a sign there will be any delay.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
Sera-V wrote:

Any evidence that they were indeed in preproduction for S3 before S2 ended? Because its the first time im hearing this.

I think its realistic to start expecting something at that point in time. Toei is producing a lot of anime movies each year for both theatrical release and tv (specials). Not sure why they wont be able to release one next year when for example Digimon Tri is getting one each 6 months or so.

Once again: them not working on it already (so ten days after the announcement) is not a sign there will be any delay.

Akira started to design the characters 1 weeks after SS2 ended.
There is a settei on tumblr (without color) with date, so I believe they produced SMC3 quite soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
that one?

Attachments:
C9esBYHVwAAoL_0.jpg
C9esBYHVwAAoL_0.jpg [ 78.2 KiB | Viewed 871 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Crystal Moon wrote:

Akira started to design the characters 1 weeks after SS2 ended.
There is a settei on tumblr (without color) with date, so I believe they produced SMC3 quite soon.

Oh, i didnt see that before. That still doesnt change anything really. We cant say for sure that nothing is going on right now only because one of the animators wasnt asked to work on the movie. These were just designs. I would imagine designs and planning are the first steps in producing the anime, before you even call the animators to work. Who's to say they're not doing exactly that right now?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:15 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I feel Toei has just taken a crap on my beloved favorite original series, Sailor Moon. I was hoping a reboot would be just as good if not better but I was sadly mistaken. Season 3 was awesome though, including the character designs!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:47 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:

They might just be taking their time in financing/budgeting the project, scheduling the production, assembling the production crew, &/or doing any other necessary admin works at present. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
HeartWarrior wrote:
I feel Toei has just taken a crap on my beloved favorite original series, Sailor Moon. I was hoping a reboot would be just as good if not better but I was sadly mistaken. Season 3 was awesome though, including the character designs!

Don't you ever get tired of this?
Serious question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:35 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
SILVER wrote:
HeartWarrior wrote:

Don't you ever get tired of this?
Serious question.

I haven't mentioned this matter in quite a long time, frankly. I'm hoping we get these movies soon tho.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
They might just be taking their time in financing/budgeting the project, scheduling the production, assembling the production crew, &/or doing any other necessary admin works at present. :P
Also in addition to wanting them to take their time for a quality product, once they get done with Crystal, unless they make anything more after that, that's pretty much it for Sailor Moon fandom and I wouldn't want the discussions to suddenly end like that. I would like all the fandom participation to keep going for as long as possible and there won't be as much to talk about if Crystal ends quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm pretty interested in the pre productions involved in Sailor Moon Crystal. Can't wait til we find out more info on who is involved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16