Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:48 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Saint Seiya had soo many adaptations since 2002!! =^_^=
Hades anime, a new anime Movie, Lost Canvas anime, Omega anime, CG movie, Soul of Gold anime!! ^_^'

and now there are 3 new projects:
Saintia Sho anime, a Netflix series and a live action movie!!
And the new figures (Myth Cloth and DD Panormamation) have good sales!! =^_^=

I really hope that the new Sailor Moon movies will be good...maybe they will be in movie theaters worldwide!! :ohdear:
(like Saint Seiya cg movie and Dragon Ball battle of the gods and F movie!!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:57 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
sakuraxchan wrote:
and now there are 3 new projects:
Saintia Sho anime, a Netflix series and a live action movie!!

Should be noted that the Netflix series is an all-CG reboot of the original manga and has all-American writers.

As for Saintia Sho, it's an adaptation of a spinoff manga (just like Lost Canvas, which TMS worked on). No real news on it like a premiere date (other than it possibly being another ONA) except that the manga got licensed here by Seven Seas a few months ago (still surprising since I don't think the original did well here for Viz).

As for the live-action movie, it's a Hollywood adaptation...that Toei is co-producing with a Chinese company.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Should be noted that the Netflix series is an all-CG reboot of the original manga and has all-American writers.

So it's already confirmed to be awful.

OT: I think it's sort of important to spread the word about all the new Sailor Moon related content that's available. The series was HUGE in my country, and most of those who grew up watching the show don't even know Crystal exists.
With Dragon Ball Super and Saint Seiya Soul Of Gold, the fanbase is so dedicated and passionate about it on social media, even casual viewers are aware of those projects.
But when it comes to Sailor Moon, it seems like a strictly hardcore fan thing, on a worldwide scale, other than the backlash, it is barely talked about anywhere.
I might trash Crystal in here, as the garbage product it is for the most part, but I always make sure to promote it in a positive light on social media, as it is important for the franchise to be successful in order for new content to be released. So, spread the word about the new season/films! it is vital for us to support this project, as it might be a turning point for the franchise, at least for the following years.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:26 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
C-17 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

So it's already confirmed to be awful.

It depends, their last CG show, Kado The Right Answer, was actually pretty good. The main problem with the new Seiya being CG is that it's quality might not be as good as their last attempt with Legend of Sanctuary.

As for the American writers, I find it ironic that for this and the live-action, they're relying on a country that the Saint Seiya manga & anime was a multiple-time failure in since it did much better in Latin & South America and parts of Europe in comparison.

Quote:
OT: I think it's sort of important to spread the word about all the new Sailor Moon related content that's available. The series was HUGE in my country, and most of those who grew up watching the show don't even know Crystal exists.
With Dragon Ball Super and Saint Seiya Soul Of Gold, the fanbase is so dedicated and passionate about it on social media, even casual viewers are aware of those projects.
But when it comes to Sailor Moon, it seems like a strictly hardcore fan thing, on a worldwide scale, other than the backlash, it is barely talked about anywhere.
I might trash Crystal in here, as the garbage product it is for the most part, but I always make sure to promote it in a positive light on social media, as it is important for the franchise to be successful in order for new content to be released. So, spread the word about the new season/films! it is vital for us to support this project, as it might be a turning point for the franchise, at least for the following years.

Good luck convincing new people to watch season 1 then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
It's so awkward that they don't produce many goods of SMC... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Is it because of the inconsistent designs?? :( :( :(
How could you know SMC if they just air it 1 to 2 times on TV and almost don't see the newness in other produce???
Is it that hard to produce 1000 piece puzzle, bentou box or little charms with SMC design???

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:43 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Crystal Moon wrote:
It's so awkward that they don't produce many goods of SMC... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Is it because of the inconsistent designs?? :( :( :(
How could you know SMC if they just air it 1 to 2 times on TV and almost don't see the newness in other produce???
Is it that hard to produce 1000 piece puzzle, bentou box or little charms with SMC design???

So they're not confident w/ Crystal themselves, hence being reluctant to take risks on the Crystal goods.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
In fairness though, other than Usagi's season one brooch and the blue Moon Stick, is there really enough aspects unique to Crystal that can be turned into a toy that isn't already covered by the 90s anime merchandise? I suppose they could make merchandise of Mamoru's communication watch which I still would love to have. Crystal has always been more of a commercial for the 20th anniversary merchandise line rather than about generating it's own line of merchandise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:33 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
^ I think they can produce them with pastel color =^_^=
To be honest, the Moon Spiral Heart Rod in SS3 is very different from anime 90's. The heart is flatter. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Will they release the Planet Power Rods and Lip Rods? I really think I'd like a chain like Venus as a novelty and things like the Aqua Mirror, Space Sword, Glaibe and Space Key.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:44 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I could see Uranus' sword being turned into a toy since that's different enough to warrant some merchandise out of it, but I feel like most everything that's unique to Crystal we have already gotten merch of like gashapons of Usagi's brooch and Mamoru's pocket watch. Maybe we could get some for season three but we did have some puzzles for the first two seasons of Crystals that were made and they looked very nicely designed from what I saw. We also have the Crystal Zero Figuarts figures line coming out. So there is some Crystal merch out there but it's the responsibility on the fans to buy it to support it if they want to have more Crystal merch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Aren't chips, vacuum cleaners, and sanitary napkins enough for you guys? Jeez, some people are so demanding! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
You guys act like they didn't release enough Crystal merchandise when in actuality they released a lot of Crystal related merchandise:

- It had it's own cafe with Crystal related drinks, food, and exclusive merchandise, all the random merchandise they released through convenience stores in japan, they had a crystal stamp rally with stamps and prizes, they had crystal postcards and keychains and stickers that you could only get at Namja Town in Japan, they also released different cards, plush dolls, chips, vaccuum cleaners, sanitary napkins, CD's, DVD's, Blurays, stickers, stationary and notebooks, calendars, various figurines, clothing, MOOK (Magazine Book), puzzles, eyeglasses, chocolates, makeup bags, postcard set, clear files, lunch boxes, cups, and plates, T-card (store points card)....... and that's just Crystal related stuff released in Japan. There's also the Crystal merchandise released in other countries like the United States, Taiwan, China, Italy, The Phillipines, etc. Is that not enough?? ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
JamesHeart wrote:
You guys act like they didn't release enough Crystal merchandise when in actuality they released a lot of Crystal related merchandise:

- It had it's own cafe with Crystal related drinks, food, and exclusive merchandise, all the random merchandise they released through convenience stores in japan, they had a crystal stamp rally with stamps and prizes, they had crystal postcards and keychains and stickers that you could only get at Namja Town in Japan, they also released different cards, plush dolls, chips, vaccuum cleaners, sanitary napkins, CD's, DVD's, Blurays, stickers, stationary and notebooks, calendars, various figurines, clothing, MOOK (Magazine Book), puzzles, eyeglasses, chocolates, makeup bags, postcard set, clear files, lunch boxes, cups, and plates, T-card (store points card)....... and that's just Crystal related stuff released in Japan. There's also the Crystal merchandise released in other countries like the United States, Taiwan, China, Italy, The Phillipines, etc. Is that not enough?? ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

Not enough! The classic Sailor Moon has new goods every week!
They should release SMC goods at least every 1 or 2 month!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I feel like there hasn't been that much 90s merch recently though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:51 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
TOEI, Sailor Moon Crystal, and the abundance of merch = quantity, not quality, sadly

That being said, as a fan, I am happy that we have had three seasons of a Sailor Moon anime and are getting (hopefully) many movies. Better than having nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Clow wrote:
TOEI, Sailor Moon Crystal, and the abundance of merch = quantity, not quality, sadly

Doesn't matter to them whether it's quantity or quality - as long as the merch sells, it's good. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Clow wrote:
That being said, as a fan, I am happy that we have had three seasons of a Sailor Moon anime and are getting (hopefully) many movies. Better than having nothing.

It should be 2 Dream movies and 1 5-minute chibified YT video covering all of Stars.

That would make Stars watchable. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NJ_ wrote:
Clow wrote:

It should be 2 Dream movies and 1 5-minute chibified YT video covering all of Stars.

That reminds me of the episode length of the anime Ground Defense Force! Mao-chan (which still has a number of episodes, tho). lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Aren't chips, vacuum cleaners, and sanitary napkins enough for you guys? Jeez, some people are so demanding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think people really want more Sailor Moon Crystal maxi pads.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:01 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
NJ_ wrote:
Clow wrote:

I am more eager to watch Stars than Dream.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:15 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I just want more Sailor Moon no matter what it is. I feel like we're in a Sailor Moon drought and I'm desperate for anything just to have something to talk about with my friends and on social media.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Crystal Moon wrote:
JamesHeart wrote:

Not enough! The classic Sailor Moon has new goods every week!
They should release SMC goods at least every 1 or 2 month!

Nno the classic serise thoes not get tnew goods every week.The average is twice a month . Three if they are lucky. In the begening , Crystal had two things a month. Why Classic had four things a month . Now things slow down.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:45 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
I just want more Sailor Moon no matter what it is. I feel like we're in a Sailor Moon drought and I'm desperate for anything just to have something to talk about with my friends and on social media.

You sound like a Sailor Moon addict - maybe you should seek some professional treatment. :lol:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
You sound like a Sailor Moon addict - maybe you should seek some professional treatment. :lol:
At least we have the new Myu to look forward to!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19