Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:55 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Yeah, I really want to know just how much of a say she has/had in this show and what her true thoughts about it are. I can't imagine she's overjoyed with it and I can't imagine she's been involved all that much beyond penning a couple of song lyrics.

I find it hard to believe that Naoko forced TOEI to do a panel-by-panel anime adaptation of her manga like it's the Bible when she allowed pretty big changes in PGSM.

She also gave the writers/producers of the new musicals total freedom to adapt the manga however they wanted. I think she's controlling to an extent with how Sailor Moon stuff is marketed/licensed, but when it comes to adaptations of her work, she seems fairly permissive? IDK, it's strange to me. I wish she weren't so reclusive so we could find out more about her involvement in things and what her feelings and thought processes are, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
However, I AM upset over the inconsistency of Crystal

On the contrary, I think it's actually pretty consistent...in being inconsistent. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
to all if you want to discuss Naoko's involvement in the series

you may migrate the topic to this thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30043&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=d

keep this thread to be about the announcement itself

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
@OP: If you wanna change the thread title now, you may ask a forum staff to do that for you (I think the editing period of the OP has already expired). :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:
However, I AM upset over the inconsistency of Crystal

On the contrary, I think it's actually pretty consistent...in being inconsistent. :P

that made me laugh XD but what Toei does with Crystal matters not I'm sure that Crystals Fans will love it all the same =^_^=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:56 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Lone Queen
While I agree that the inconsistent changes in format makes Crystal look really sloppy, I'm still remaining hopeful that this decision isn't going to be a huge disaster.
I feel like as long as there aren't too many important scenes cut and the animation isn't awful, I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Seen2 wrote:
On the other: It's probably gonna be rushed, pacing-wise. The only way I could see that being avoided is if each movie is two hours long, which would equal about six episodes per movie/12 episodes in total.

Two hours length won't happen. No movie of Toei has lasted so long.

An hour and 45 minutes seems to be the limit, but even this seems an exception.

For example: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods lasted an hour and 25 minutes (85 minutes) and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' lasted an hour and 34 minutes (94 minutes).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:17 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seen2 wrote:
On the other: It's probably gonna be rushed, pacing-wise. The only way I could see that being avoided is if each movie is two hours long, which would equal about six episodes per movie/12 episodes in total.

i can't see them doing a two hour long moive..

this isn't star wars :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:17 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Leia the Rebel wrote:
Seen2 wrote:

Nor the over-3-hour Gandhi. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:19 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^^Titanic and The Green Mile anyone? :lol: :lol: but as said I'm sure the fans of the series will enjoy it none the less

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:35 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I don't get why this is so hard for some people to understand. Toei has proven they don't care about this reboot from day one. It's just bizarre the extent to which they have botched things and the extent to which some people will go to defend/excuse Toei and try to chastise other fans for not just smiling and praising any thing we get "just because it's Sailor Moon" and Toei "didn't have to give us anything." I'd rather have gotten nothing than to get this eyesore blemish on Sailor Moon's legacy. Toei should have just done their HD remaster of the 90's anime (maybe with some digital repainting here and there to fix goofs like incorrectly colored cels or missing details) and left it at that. Time and time and time again Toei has proven their incompetence with this reboot. At the beginning I tried to show some support in the hopes that Toei would see Sailor Moon's still a viable commodity and they should invest more time, money, and care into it, but once that proved to not be the case, I stopped handing over my money, and I promise you that Toei will not get one more cent out of me. I'm not interested in funding incompetence.

Now, I will still watch these movies when they come out, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by them. I'm not expecting them to be terrible; I imagine they'll be the same quality as season III. But I'm not gonna pay to watch them or own them.
There is legitimate criticism to be had of Crystal but it can't be denied that same fans were determined to hate it from the start. First when the season one character designs came out, fans complained about the Sailor Senshi looking too skinny. Then when season one finally came out, everyone complained about the lack of funny faces and that it wasn't like the 90s anime and then you had Tumblr blogs freeze framing every 30 seconds of in-between animation to nitpick and complain about every little piece of dialog they left out from the manga. Then season three came out and fans complained about it being too much like the 90s anime and nitpicking everything from the length of their skirts to complaining about the attacks looking too much like the 90s anime. We barely have any information about these new movies and yet fans are already acting like the sky is falling when we don't even know what the time length is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:38 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^me personally I didn't think Season 3 looked anything like the 90s anime (only reason I disliked Crystal was the artwork and in season one the rushed Story but the first Arc in the Manga was rushed too thanks to Takeuchi's director :angry: )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Leia the Rebel wrote:
Seen2 wrote:

Hey, many movies have 2 hour or 2 hour 10 minute length. P-: P-: P-:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I don't get why this is so hard for some people to understand. Toei has proven they don't care about this reboot from day one. It's just bizarre the extent to which they have botched things and the extent to which some people will go to defend/excuse Toei and try to chastise other fans for not just smiling and praising any thing we get "just because it's Sailor Moon" and Toei "didn't have to give us anything." I'd rather have gotten nothing than to get this eyesore blemish on Sailor Moon's legacy. Toei should have just done their HD remaster of the 90's anime (maybe with some digital repainting here and there to fix goofs like incorrectly colored cels or missing details) and left it at that. Time and time and time again Toei has proven their incompetence with this reboot. At the beginning I tried to show some support in the hopes that Toei would see Sailor Moon's still a viable commodity and they should invest more time, money, and care into it, but once that proved to not be the case, I stopped handing over my money, and I promise you that Toei will not get one more cent out of me. I'm not interested in funding incompetence.

Now, I will still watch these movies when they come out, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by them. I'm not expecting them to be terrible; I imagine they'll be the same quality as season III. But I'm not gonna pay to watch them or own them.
There is legitimate criticism to be had of Crystal but it can't be denied that same fans were determined to hate it from the start. First when the season one character designs came out, fans complained about the Sailor Senshi looking too skinny. Then when season one finally came out, everyone complained about the lack of funny faces and that it wasn't like the 90s anime and then you had Tumblr blogs freeze framing every 30 seconds of in-between animation to nitpick and complain about every little piece of dialog they left out from the manga. Then season three came out and fans complained about it being too much like the 90s anime and nitpicking everything from the length of their skirts to complaining about the attacks looking too much like the 90s anime. We barely have any information about these new movies and yet fans are already acting like the sky is falling when we don't even know what the time length is.

Keep in mind the Dream arc is regarded best o the manga. Why Super S is considered the worst in the 90 s anime. People were hoping for a season 4. So we can finally see a proper dream arc being animated.Lot people were just spectig episode format .So the news about the movise worry some . Because he fact they don't want to see there favorit arc second animated chance be a mess..( note byy mess I mean cut out a lot scenes)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:34 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Ryo Urawa wrote:
^^me personally I didn't think Season 3 looked anything like the 90s anime (only reason I disliked Crystal was the artwork and in season one the rushed Story but the first Arc in the Manga was rushed too thanks to Takeuchi's director :angry: )

I think what he means are the attack footages and transformation scenes as most of them are traced or partially traced from the 90's :usagi: anime.

The only ones that were truly unique are Submarine Reflection, :rei: Flame Sniper and :minako: Chain Wink Sword.

I'm iffy about Sparkling Wide Pressure. Putting a ball of lightning in one hand to the next seems rather impractical. Though I did like it when it was animated as a real time attack.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:56 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Kon wrote:
Two hours length won't happen. No movie of Toei has lasted so long.

The majority of their Leiji Matsumoto movies were around two hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Now I'm wondering what will happen with Stars. Another 2 movies? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they just do it as an audio drama :lol:

ROTFLMBO!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not that it means that much but lets see how it worked for Digimon Tri

So the return of Digimon was announced in August 2014, then the title and visual key were revealed in December 2014. Then in May 2015 it was revealed that it will be 6 movies instead of a tv series. Then there are the release dates

November 21, 2015 (Part 1) - 86 minutes
March 12, 2016 (Part 2) - 88 minutes
September 24, 2016 (Part 3) - 105 minutes
February 25, 2017 (Part 4) - 82 minutes
September 30, 2017 (Part 5) - ???
??? (Part 6) - ???

It seems they didnt wait that long for the movies and then they are being released every 4-6 months so not that bad

Not saying it will be the same for Crystal but i suppose its possible we will get both movies next year and maybe even some more info this year. Its still 6 moths of 2017 left.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I"m still trying to be optimistic for Crystal but I wonder if the news would have been handled better if they announced as a series of three movies instead of two?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:38 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Is Viz going to have to license the movies separately? As far as I know, their distribution rights are just for Crystal the series, right? Since the idea of a movie hadn't existed back then so I doubt it was negotiated at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:13 am 
Luna
Luna
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Or 2020! :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

This is us when TOEI finally releases SMC Stars. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Or 2020! :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

This is us when TOEI finally releases SMC Stars. :P

Pretty much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Why haven't they announced character designer!?
Please split the movie into separated episodes, Toei. I miss the opening. I miss the title card. :unsure:
Please make it consistent! (at least with the format). :unsure:
Japanese fans AREN'T happy with this news.
https://twitter.com/sailormoon_25th/sta ... 2186394627

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One thing to point out: the word movie (eiga) is nowhere to be found in the original announcement. The only thing the announcement says is that the fourth arc (Dead Moon) is getting a theatrical run delivered in two parts.

I think it's interesting they're not calling it a film just yet. Maybe the two parts are less like traditional films and more like a bigger version of the screenings they did of previous Crystal episodes? Basically, less like an actual movie and more like binge watching the show in theaters?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seira Hazuki wrote:
One thing to point out: the word movie (eiga) is nowhere to be found in the original announcement. The only thing the announcement says is that the fourth arc (Dead Moon) is getting a theatrical run delivered in two parts.

I think it's interesting they're not calling it a film just yet. Maybe the two parts are less like traditional films and more like a bigger version of the screenings they did of previous Crystal episodes? Basically, less like an actual movie and more like binge watching the show in theaters?

First, I had the same thought as you. But after checking their tweet, I saw the word 劇場版アニメ (Theatrical version).
*Crack crack crack*
*The crumbling sound of my hope.*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:56 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I just don't understand why people think Crystal is getting worse.
A TV series is much better than ONA's, and a movie has much much more budget than a tv series.
I don't know why you don't understand that Toei actually trust a lot in Crystal!!! That's why they are doing it a movie, Madoka was so popular that it became movies and the sequel was a movie too! (because that is much better than another tv series).
Just use logic:
ONA<Tv series<Movie

If Stars is going to be made in something better than a movie, then it's impossible, because a movie is just the ULTIMATE ADAPTATION.

You hate 1:1 adaptation, but you don't want a movie that will work much better, I just don't understand you.
I am pretty sure everyone will be loving the trailer when it appears.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think my one hope is that they hire a better writer. Kobayashi's copy and paste screenwriting is not going to work for a movie at all and he hasn't written for any film before.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I think my one hope is that they hire a better writer. Kobayashi's copy and paste screenwriting is not going to work for a movie at all and he hasn't written for any film before.

He changed many things in season III actually.
When I watched SS3, sometimes I had to look at the manga because I'm not very good at listening.
He usually combined 2 - 3 sentences into 1 :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Crystal Moon wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:

He changed many things in season III actually.
When I watched SS3, sometimes I had to look at the manga because I'm not very good at listening.
He usually combined 2 - 3 sentences into 1 :roll:

A movie adaptation takes more than just combining lines.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Oh my, you go to Summer school, stop visiting SMF, and then you miss a major announcement.

My thoughts: "Eh, I am grateful we are at least getting something."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next