Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:46 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Lol
The fanwank would never stop regardless.

What I wish for the movies is beautiful art. I don’t care if I sound shallow, but I don’t want to see the rubbery looking garbage from the 3rd season. If the whole movie looked like the key frames in Act 25 id be beyond ecstatic.

I’m not sure how well the acts will fare though - Dreams first few chapters are very episodic so if they keep them the same as the manga it may just throw the pacing off.
The second half is more continuous so that wouldn’t worry me too much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I have no idea what to expect. Sailor Moon Crystal is the only anime I've watched in a while. I came back to check out Battle of the God's movie but didn't stick look at anything else. Im not a SM collector but I'm a huge fan & I remember going to go see it at movies when in came here in my state.

To give me an idea what to possibly expect, I went and checked out some scenes from the Digimon Tri movie. I enjoyed the openings and the transformations of the monsters..(I haven't seen Digimon in ages). The main animation looked pretty natural, not bad but not superb either. The opening and the Digimon morphs are what I though was pretty cool, except that when it got to the ending poses, they looked "3Dish"? Maybe it's just the art style. The action scenes looked interesting.

So I'm guessing that we can at least know that the Senshi transformations should look really nice, as well as the attacks. What I keep not wondering , is that, even though the attacks may look nice, will they be just "polished" versions of the old 90s attacks or will we get something fresh and original this go round? Something a bit more creative, attack wise

I really want to see how they top the original Moon Gorgeous Meditation sequence for this movie. The 90s SupeS movie was the most "entertaining" out of the three. They used the powered up versions of their old attacks and all the cool real time attack sequences.

As far as pacing, I hope they can get it just right. I suppose we will get the episodes several months or a year later or something?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
NJ_ wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:
I believe these movies will be turned into regular episodes of Crystal, just like they did with the last two Dragon Ball Z theatrical movies. They became story arcs in Dragon Ball Super.

The movie & Super versions of Battle of Gods & Resurrection F are not the same as there are differences and, in the case of RF, had major changes made for Super's version that made it worse than not just the film but the show's version of Battle of Gods.

Crystal s4 is most likely going to be like Digimon Adventure Tri and speaking of Tri, when that last film premieres, Toei will probably air the edited online episode versions on Japanese TV afterwards.

What changes in super ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:31 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:
I believe these movies will be turned into regular episodes of Crystal, just like they did with the last two Dragon Ball Z theatrical movies. They became story arcs in Dragon Ball Super.

The movie & Super versions of Battle of Gods & Resurrection F are not the same as there are differences and, in the case of RF, had major changes made for Super's version that made it worse than not just the film but the show's version of Battle of Gods.

Crystal s4 is most likely going to be like Digimon Adventure Tri and speaking of Tri, when that last film premieres, Toei will probably air the edited online episode versions on Japanese TV afterwards.

What changes in super ?

Well... plot... and then that tournament at group vs groups... And... it feelings at Frieza get MUCH clever it was...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^Wrong arc, I'm talking about Resurrection F which was episodes 15-27.

imaginationgirl wrote:
What changes in super ?

1. They brought Goten & Trunks into the fight between Freeza's men & Goku's friends and also brought back Captain Ginyu, who was still a frog after what happened in DBZ's Freeza arc, by having him change bodies with Tagoma.

2. They had Freeza kill Piccolo the same way Nappa killed him in DBZ, saving Gohan, and when he was brought back to life after Goku beat Freeza, it happened off-screen.

These never happened in the movie and were probably done for early DBZ nostalgia which ended up meaning nothing in the end because they were so badly done.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
NJ_ wrote:

imaginationgirl wrote:
What changes in super ?

1. They brought Goten & Trunks into the fight between Freeza's men & Goku's friends and also brought back Captain Ginyu, who was still a frog after what happened in DBZ's Freeza arc, by having him change bodies with Tagoma.

2. They had Freeza kill Piccolo the same way Nappa killed him in DBZ, saving Gohan, and when he was brought back to life after Goku beat Freeza, it happened off-screen.

These never happened in the movie and were probably done for early DBZ nostalgia which ended up meaning nothing in the end because they were so badly done.

That s sounds like a verry bad fanfiction , :unsure:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:37 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
imaginationgirl wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

imaginationgirl wrote:
What changes in super ?

That s sounds like a verry bad fanfiction , :unsure:

Well... if think it, think at full Super is that... sad...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:41 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
CatKite wrote:

But what does it related to Sailor Moon though???

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:51 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
vietthai96 wrote:
CatKite wrote:

But what does it related to Sailor Moon though???

Don´t ask me ... I don´t know why that begin...

Anyway? Are it just "longer filler? " I mean it NOT need based original, or need it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:20 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
As I skim through the manga, I came up with a few more things I hope to see in the Dream movies:

1. In adapting Act 39: Dream 1, I hope they actually give Usagi and Chibiusa a reason to transform. As it is, they're just downtown, hear people screaming, run into Unazuki and Motoki, learn from them that a tiger's on the loose, and then transform. WHY? That's a job for animal control, not superheroes. Unless the Sailor Senshi routinely transform to do things like catch criminals, put out fires, rescue kittens from trees, etc (which are things I could perhaps see Sailor V doing, but not any of the others), it makes no sense that Usagi and Chibiusa would respond to a tiger on the loose by transforming instead of just freaking out with everyone else. What exactly was their plan? To use Double Rainbow Moon Heartache to blast the tiger back into his cage?

2. I know it's unlikely given how the movies will still likely be a 1:1 adaptation with no room to invent new scenes, but I'd really love to see the haunted house and wax museum at the Dead Moon Circus. Were this a more liberal TV adaptation, those could have been the sites of two very fun/creepy episodes. I really hope the movies will do something with all the creepy clown/circus/carnival imagery.

3. When Minako goes to her audition at Dead Moon Entertainment, I hope she makes a reference to the Dark Agency.

4. For the second movie, when they get to the end where everyone is sending Eternal Sailor Moon their power by calling out their "(Planet) Crystal Power!" phrases, I hope they'll take a cue from the musicals and have Mamoru call out "Earth Crystal Power!"

Wow Mamoru actually said Earth Crystal Power in the musicals? What musical did he do that in I would love to see it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I suggest "Golden Earth Crystal Power".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:46 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
I suggest "Golden Earth Crystal Power".

That was good ;) .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:27 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Wow Mamoru actually said Earth Crystal Power in the musicals? What musical did he do that in I would love to see it?

In "Petite Etrangere" he says "Earth Star Power" when everyone's combining their power to defeat Death Phantom.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:16 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
MementoNepenthe wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

In "Petite Etrangere" he says "Earth Star Power" when everyone's combining their power to defeat Death Phantom.

:blush: Not seen...
Isn´t that one Crystal episode name?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:57 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
It's the second of the new musicals, based on the Black Moon Clan arc, and, yes, it takes its name from the first chapter/episode of that arc.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:18 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
MementoNepenthe wrote:
It's the second of the new musicals, based on the Black Moon Clan arc, and, yes, it takes its name from the first chapter/episode of that arc.

As IMDB say it... Anyway it talkin 2 season... episode 1...
Really why talking like that?
But that musician i not seen...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yasuharu Takanashi said that he was writing a song about the Moon while watching super moon... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://twitter.com/nassy_takanashi/sta ... 6506011648

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
Yasuharu Takanashi said that he was writing a song about the Moon while watching super moon... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats a pretty good sign and even though it doesnt have to be about SM i feel it is, specially since next comment is how he met Rabbit/Usagi on the moon.

But even aside that there's no need to worry. The 25th annivesary celebration just started not so long ago and the 20th annivesary lasted for 5 years :P Also its been only 6 months since the announcement. I'd imagine movies need a bit more time to produce than a tv anime.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:07 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Dropping Cutey Honey is a good sign too.

NJ_ wrote:
(formerly Ashi Productions for those not familiar with that name)

ANN wrote:
Go Nagai's Cutie Honey manga will get a new anime titled Cutie Honey Universe in 2018. Akitoshi Yokoyama (Photo Kano) is directing the anime at Production Reed. Natsuko Takahashi (Urahara, Yuyushiki) is handling series composition and Syūichi Iseki is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director.

The teaser visual shows Honey in various costumes.

The anime project, like the DEVILMAN crybaby Netflix series and Mazinger Z: Infinity film, commemorates the 50th anniversary of Nagai's works.

To commemorate the anime adaptation, EXIT TUNES will sell a special hug pillow (pictured below) at its Comic Market 93 booth from December 29-31.

The classic 1973 manga follows Cutie Honey, an android created by Professor Kisaragi. When he is murdered by an organization seeking the device within her, she seeks revenge.

Nagai's manga has inspired multiple manga remakes, anime adaptations on television and home video, a live-action film, and a live-action television series. Seven Seas Entertainment has licensed the original manga and the Cutie Honey aGoGo! manga, written by Shinpei Ito with collaboration from Hideaki Anno.

Guess we have our answer as to why we (FINALLY) got the manga here. :dance:

Surprising that Toei's not involved this time considering they were responsible for last year's live-action movie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:

Based on this tweet I’d venture to say they’ve probably finished preproduction (story, character designs, etc.) at this point. I’m not expecting Part 1 until Summer the earliest, but we should get *SOME* announcement this month.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:09 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
rgveda99 wrote:
Dropping Cutey Honey is a good sign too.

Anime of the year

...if they don't go the Anno route like The Live did

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:06 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
I hope for some news in the not too distant future...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:47 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Oh really!! I love Cute Honey!! Honey Flash!!!! I wonder will this lean towards Cutey Honey F or Shin/Re direction if you know what I mean.... :mischief:

Also, that tweet is neat. I'm excited to know who the voices will be. I want a teaser pic sooooo bad. I'm praying it will look spectacular, enough to give me anime twinkles in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:36 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Also, that tweet is neat. I'm excited to know who the voices will be. I want a teaser pic sooooo bad. I'm praying it will look spectacular, enough to give me anime twinkles in my eyes.

Remember that the key to the perfect viewing pleasure is.....................................
Spoiler: show
............................ :ohdear:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
rgveda99 wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Remember that the key to the perfect viewing pleasure is.....................................
Spoiler: show
............................ :ohdear:

Who is that woman? I've never seen her before a day in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
finally SOMETHING P-:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Great, at least we know its still happening AND its in production riight now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Thank you for the update. I feel a little bit more comfortable now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Yay, more recycling. :unsure:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Based on this tweet I’d venture to say they’ve probably finished preproduction (story, character designs, etc.) at this point. I’m not expecting Part 1 until Summer the earliest, but we should get *SOME* announcement this month.
I recall the release date for season three of Crystal was also originally announced in January.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next