Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
Posts: 2616
Gender: Agender
POKIWOKI wrote:
Do you think the first movie will directly start with season 3's cliffhanger?


Honestly, no. I'm expecting them to just recap that whole park scene. If "season 4" were actually going to be a fourth season airing on TV, they might have picked up from the cliffhanger, but with the change of format/venue, I don't see them doing that. They should have just kept the original ending for Act 38, not the version from the re-releases that tacked on the original beginning of Act 39 to the end.

_________________
I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means Trump! #NotMyPresident

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:46 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 29, 2014
Posts: 448
Gender: Male
MementoNepenthe wrote:
POKIWOKI wrote:
Do you think the first movie will directly start with season 3's cliffhanger?


Honestly, no. I'm expecting them to just recap that whole park scene. If "season 4" were actually going to be a fourth season airing on TV, they might have picked up from the cliffhanger, but with the change of format/venue, I don't see them doing that. They should have just kept the original ending for Act 38, not the version from the re-releases that tacked on the original beginning of Act 39 to the end.


Yeah I think a short park scene is best


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 11, 2013
Posts: 1392
Season III is the same format to Season I and II. Yet they have many reintroduction scenes in the first episode. :cool:
(I say the same format because they already planned to air it on TV while producing it, by making 24 episodes for each minutes, making eyecatches.)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:17 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Joined: May 23, 2016
Posts: 16
I tried something out:

I cut the whole Season 3 into two movies.
Movie 1 contains episode 1 - 7 and movie 2 continues with episode 8-13.
So every movie has only one opening and ending, all the others are cut,
likewise the flashbacks at the beginning of each episode and previews.
The eyecatchers were not cut, but all in all they're about 2 minutes long.
Transformations and introduction speeches were also not cut.
Together, the movies are 4 hours and 30 minutes long.

The Dream arc has less chapters and is made as two movies beforehand,
so it should be possible. And if they show each transformation only once, it'll be even shorter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:57 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Posts: 2686
Location: Outer Space
Gender: Biseinen Angel
Other: Kuiper Belt
I hope we get new well done henshins and from there, only flash henshins in movie 2. Isn't the second movie when they all go Eternal...that will be a sight to see and hopefully Toei makes their suits look authentic and nice.

Also I hope to see different attack animation. I think the thought along of finally seeing all of the Senshi including the Asteroid Senshi is enough to make me get excited regardless of the art style, long as it's pretty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:35 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 18, 2011
Posts: 898
Location: Tennessee
Gender: male
POKIWOKI wrote:
I tried something out:

I cut the whole Season 3 into two movies.
Movie 1 contains episode 1 - 7 and movie 2 continues with episode 8-13.
So every movie has only one opening and ending, all the others are cut,
likewise the flashbacks at the beginning of each episode and previews.
The eyecatchers were not cut, but all in all they're about 2 minutes long.
Transformations and introduction speeches were also not cut.
Together, the movies are 4 hours and 30 minutes long.

The Dream arc has less chapters and is made as two movies beforehand,
so it should be possible. And if they show each transformation only once, it'll be even shorter.


I highly doubt that TOEI will be giving us two 120+ minute movies. We'll be lucky to get two 90 minute movies. So expect a lot of content to be cut. But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and TOEI might actually churn out something worthwhile. Don't set your expectations too high for this. If it turns out to be fantastic, then set your expectations high for Stars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Joined: May 23, 2016
Posts: 16
Well, according to my calculations, 110 minutes should be enough for each film.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 18, 2011
Posts: 898
Location: Tennessee
Gender: male
POKIWOKI wrote:
Well, according to my calculations, 110 minutes should be enough for each film.


Agreed. 110 minutes would be ideal. After some researching, the longest movie that TOEI has done ran 130 minutes. One Piece Film Gold [which received a large amount of advertisement] ran 120 minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
Posts: 2616
Gender: Agender
As I skim through the manga, I came up with a few more things I hope to see in the Dream movies:

1. In adapting Act 39: Dream 1, I hope they actually give Usagi and Chibiusa a reason to transform. As it is, they're just downtown, hear people screaming, run into Unazuki and Motoki, learn from them that a tiger's on the loose, and then transform. WHY? That's a job for animal control, not superheroes. Unless the Sailor Senshi routinely transform to do things like catch criminals, put out fires, rescue kittens from trees, etc (which are things I could perhaps see Sailor V doing, but not any of the others), it makes no sense that Usagi and Chibiusa would respond to a tiger on the loose by transforming instead of just freaking out with everyone else. What exactly was their plan? To use Double Rainbow Moon Heartache to blast the tiger back into his cage?

2. I know it's unlikely given how the movies will still likely be a 1:1 adaptation with no room to invent new scenes, but I'd really love to see the haunted house and wax museum at the Dead Moon Circus. Were this a more liberal TV adaptation, those could have been the sites of two very fun/creepy episodes. I really hope the movies will do something with all the creepy clown/circus/carnival imagery.

3. When Minako goes to her audition at Dead Moon Entertainment, I hope she makes a reference to the Dark Agency.

4. For the second movie, when they get to the end where everyone is sending Eternal Sailor Moon their power by calling out their "(Planet) Crystal Power!" phrases, I hope they'll take a cue from the musicals and have Mamoru call out "Earth Crystal Power!"

_________________
I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means Trump! #NotMyPresident

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2389
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
MementoNepenthe wrote:
As I skim through the manga, I came up with a few more things I hope to see in the Dream movies:

1. In adapting Act 39: Dream 1, I hope they actually give Usagi and Chibiusa a reason to transform. As it is, they're just downtown, hear people screaming, run into Unazuki and Motoki, learn from them that a tiger's on the loose, and then transform. WHY? That's a job for animal control, not superheroes. Unless the Sailor Senshi routinely transform to do things like catch criminals, put out fires, rescue kittens from trees, etc (which are things I could perhaps see Sailor V doing, but not any of the others), it makes no sense that Usagi and Chibiusa would respond to a tiger on the loose by transforming instead of just freaking out with everyone else. What exactly was their plan? To use Double Rainbow Moon Heartache to blast the tiger back into his cage?

2. I know it's unlikely given how the movies will still likely be a 1:1 adaptation with no room to invent new scenes, but I'd really love to see the haunted house and wax museum at the Dead Moon Circus. Were this a more liberal TV adaptation, those could have been the sites of two very fun/creepy episodes. I really hope the movies will do something with all the creepy clown/circus/carnival imagery.

3. When Minako goes to her audition at Dead Moon Entertainment, I hope she makes a reference to the Dark Agency.

4. For the second movie, when they get to the end where everyone is sending Eternal Sailor Moon their power by calling out their "(Planet) Crystal Power!" phrases, I hope they'll take a cue from the musicals and have Mamoru call out "Earth Crystal Power!"



These sound like great ideas, Memento! I espiecially love the 3rd one.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 9 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator