Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:40 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Great ideas Seira Hazuki!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:45 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Tsuki_no_Kiseki wrote:
I feel like there's only like 10 people (including myself) that we are actually intrigued by the idea of the movies. I feel like it could have a very nice outcome. It might be even better than a new season. Just to shake things up a bit. We've already seen a handfull of Sailor Moon adapted as a serial. Let's see how a canon movie works out. Dragonball even got a new season out of it!

Actually you're right; Dragon Ball Super did come from a new movie and it's cool. The movies could be great but it could also go very badly. It's been discussed but I like having movie one be mostly about the Amazon Trio. The beginning stuff and Super Sailor Moons happen followed by the Trio attacking. Rearange things a bit so that the attacks are more or less simultaneous with Ami, Rei, and Mako going Super together. It would either end with the beginning of the Minako attack or right before. Movie 2 could begin on a quiet note and catch us up with the Outers and then cut back to Minako.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:09 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
GuerreroLuna wrote:
What I find funny is that people seem to take for granted that movie = better animation and bigger budget.
This is the cheapest and fastest way to end with the saga.

LMAO, this is so painfully accurate.

I think the "movies" won't be any better animated than the previous seasons, they're probably just trying to end Crystal already ASAP.
In any case, I'm actually happy we're getting something , so I'm excited.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Does anyone waits for Shitennou? :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:59 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:

I kind of am (i would like to see them) but at the same time i can see them being cut out. They appear on just one page in the manga and i guess its irrelevant enough to just remove it.

However i would love if we could see them getting back their human forms during the "coronation" moment (even if just for that moment. I doubt it will happen though

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
C-17 wrote:
GuerreroLuna wrote:
What I find funny is that people seem to take for granted that movie = better animation and bigger budget.
This is the cheapest and fastest way to end with the saga.

I think the "movies" won't be any better animated than the previous seasons, they're probably just trying to end Crystal already ASAP.

Ending Crystal ASAP...such a sad thought. I really like the show and was enjoying each new episode.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
Well I am not a fan of Crystal.But won't be bashing it here either

What I wanted to see in Dream arc were Rei's and Ami's dreams.I especially love Rei's.I was planning just to watch those two episodes if it were a tv series.So,what I hope for the movie is seeing those two.And I am keeping my hopes high for this movie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:28 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Crystal Moon wrote:

Me. Of course!!!! :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
SailorSugababe wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

I kind of am (i would like to see them) but at the same time i can see them being cut out. They appear on just one page in the manga and i guess its irrelevant enough to just remove it.

However i would love if we could see them getting back their human forms during the "coronation" moment (even if just for that moment. I doubt it will happen though

I absolutely love the scene of the Shitennou worrying for Mamoru and watching him. :love:
My dream is to see them revived in tge Cauldron, at the end of Stars (if we will have Stars).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
blu notte wrote:
My dream is to see them revived in tge Cauldron, at the end of Stars (if we will have Stars).

I think at this point its more than likely we will get Stars. Dream has a chance of doing better than Infinity if it will have better quality and thats possible with the movies. I also feel like people will be more willing to buy movies than a series

Either way unless these movies will be a complete failure im sure Stars will happen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
C-17 wrote:

If their goal was to end Crystal as quickly as possible, we would have had it by now instead of waiting till 2018 which rumors seems more likely. And if Toei ends Crystal, that means the end of the 25th anniversary merchandise line and they wouldn't want to lose their cash-cow this soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
If SM has lost popularity, it's all because of the direction most magical girl shows have taken. Puella is a beautiful anime. Everytime I watch Mami Tomoe's transformation from the movie, I'm like....That's how SM should transform!! We need something new from SM. Dragon Ball Z had a new movie and villan which sparked the community fanbase for more. SM would benefit from some new material instead of the same thing over again.

I mean I know the manga to Crystal thing is kinda new but can we at least get a new series. Crystal should have been a continuation of the SM saga. Something​ fans can't expect. Don't tell us you're going all.close to the manga and then release episodes two times a month and expect no one to lose interest. All these other shows are getting new storylines to extend the shows universe. I'm okay with Crystal but we need something fresh for this series. I'm.hoping these movies will spark a TV series after Stars. With shows like Pretty Cure, CCS getting a breath of fresh air, SM needs to do the same and do more with it's large roster of Senshi.

Like Stars would be so much better if we got an in-depth look into the Sailor Wars of the past and a hint of a new Sailor Wars into the future....Usagi is threatened, Mamoru severely injured or whatever and Chibi-Usa has to step up with the asteroid Senshi...I mean we need something more to give SM some new ground just like the old musicals did with characters and storylines.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I mean I know the manga to Crystal thing is kinda new but can we at least get a new series. Crystal should have been a continuation of the SM saga. Something​ fans can't expect. Don't tell us you're going all.close to the manga and then release episodes two times a month and expect no one to lose interest. All these other shows are getting new storylines to extend the shows universe. I'm okay with Crystal but we need something fresh for this series. I'm.hoping these movies will spark a TV series after Stars. With shows like Pretty Cure, CCS getting a breath of fresh air, SM needs to do the same and do more with it's large roster of Senshi.

I agree with bolded paragraph, Star Angel Haruki. There needs to be new SM content.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
If SM has lost popularity, it's all because of the direction most magical girl shows have taken. Puella is a beautiful anime. Everytime I watch Mami Tomoe's transformation from the movie, I'm like....That's how SM should transform!! We need something new from SM. Dragon Ball Z had a new movie and villan which sparked the community fanbase for more. SM would benefit from some new material instead of the same thing over again.

I mean I know the manga to Crystal thing is kinda new but can we at least get a new series. Crystal should have been a continuation of the SM saga. Something fans can't expect. Don't tell us you're going all.close to the manga and then release episodes two times a month and expect no one to lose interest. All these other shows are getting new storylines to extend the shows universe. I'm okay with Crystal but we need something fresh for this series. I'm.hoping these movies will spark a TV series after Stars. With shows like Pretty Cure, CCS getting a breath of fresh air, SM needs to do the same and do more with it's large roster of Senshi.
s.

No Crystal should not been that. How could be a sequel to the manga /? If the manga had not had a proper adaption.You would need a proper adaption before a sequel.Also keep in mind PMMM is gear towards an adult male audience.To me Unless Naoko make her manga continuttion after crystal. It would be no point it would be a bad idea . Some things are good, but sometimes better off not continuing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:38 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Neon Genesis wrote:
If their goal was to end Crystal as quickly as possible, we would have had it by now instead of waiting till 2018 which rumors seems more likely. And if Toei ends Crystal, that means the end of the 25th anniversary merchandise line and they wouldn't want to lose their cash-cow this soon.

But Crystal =/= the franchise. What I believe is that, although people are still here for Sailor Moon related stuff, it's clear enough they're just not here for Crystal. The story simply feels dated, and the horrible animation doesn't help.
Crystal failed to attract new fans, and polarized old fans due its poor quality. Three seasons already, and the audience's reception is probably far below their expectations.
After Crystal is done, they can always do something new. It happened with Saint Seiya and it happened with Dragon Ball (and despite the terrible animation and bad writing, Dragon Ball Super is a world-wide success).
Personally, I like Crystal, and I would like for it to continue as a series, instead of movies. Do I think Crystal is good? no, but I enjoy it anyways. Thing is: I'm a hardcore fan and I enjoy most Sailor Moon material.
Casual viewers never connected with Crystal, and it is unlikely they will now. Crystal ending doesn't necessarily means Sailor Moon ending as well.
In any case, we'll see. I thought season 3 would be crap, and it ended up being actually good, so who knows? maybe the films will be awesome and will re-ignite interest in the project, we'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Honestly I think the rerelease of the 90s anime and all of the merchandise related to it is probably more successful then Crystal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Honestly I think the rerelease of the 90s anime and all of the merchandise related to it is probably more successful then Crystal.

Because lets face it...The 90s had its flaw no doubt but it really defined its characters compared to the manga. The 90s had the right idea to "adapt" the manga the way it did. The manga is good in its own right but rushed and almost "hollow". The Inner Senshi in Crystal almost have no personality or not enough like in the 90s. It's a shame Crystal has to go through this. What they should have done was cleverly place the manga and 90s into a blender similar to how PGSM did. PGSM had it's flaws but it covered new territory & gave us a closer look into the senshi, even their relationships with each other...Still loving the REI and Makoto rivalry episode, and Ami's transition into Darkury and Naru's and Ami's jealous clash....Just so many interesting interactions.

I still.say Crystal should have been a continuation because there is so much potential for us to explore SMs interaction with other Senshi and enemies from other worlds. The possibility of doing movies even related to past or future events on Queen Serenity, Sailor V, Sailor Wars, Shin Sailor Moon (strarring Chibi-Usa), etc.....And they have yet to adapt the Exam Battles or ANY specials like "Casablanca Memories....Which were apart of the manga :neutral:

It seems like they have something & they don't know what to do with it anymore or either they are limited in doing what they want. I mean even old fairy tales are getting new spins on their stories...Don't know why SM isn't, unless all this was just to sell merchandise. Lol Personally, SM Crystal will go into Stars...The hunger for new merchandise (me included) will keep it alive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
C-17 wrote:
Crystal failed to attract new fans, and polarized old fans due its poor quality. Three seasons already, and the audience's reception is probably far below their expectations.

This.

SMC has been a flop. Let's just face it. We all watch it because it's Sailor Moon and because we are fans of the 90's anime. It has no fans born after the 00s.

The problem is SMC has been a mess because Toei has put no effort in this series at all. I kinda understand them because the two last times they invested in SM they lost : SuperS+Stars and the live action. Would you invest in the franchise after the ratings those two projects did?

And that is the reason why we won't have any new SM anime after Crystal. They have tried three times and it hasn't turned out as expected.
It painfully kills me one thing, though. In Spain anime is not popular nowadays so you don't have anime announcements on the news or on the popular newspapers. Well guys, SM did. The reboot was announced in all the media of the country. So they had POTENTIAL and they awfully destroyed it. The first episode had 1.000.000 views in the first couple of days. I mean that is huge. But then it sank. And they did nothing to stop the hemorrhage ^_^'

Maybe they should have gone with a continuation of Stars, with the same character designs of the 90's anime because the new character wasn't well accepted even among die-hard fans.

Anyway, this has turned out like this and I accept it. I just hope the animation in the movies is, at least, as good as Ami's First Love. Otherwise it will be a failure for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
GuerreroLuna wrote:
C-17 wrote:

SMC has been a flop. Let's just face it. We all watch it because it's Sailor Moon and because we are fans of the 90's anime. It has no fans born after the 00s.

I have seen many people became fans thanks to SMC on Tumblr.
Some of them watch SMC because they couldn't bear SM90's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I agree with all of you. I love the manga and, by extension, Crystal(maybe a bit less) but it is thanks to Sailor Moon Classic If I am a member of this fandom and we cannot deny that this fandom exists in the first place mostly because of the 90's anime. About attracting new fans... Crystal has the potential to do so in my opinion. In Italy is very popular among children, and is attracting(slowly) the most skeptical fans of the 90's anime.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
The 90s anime was not really an adaptation of the manga. Only a handful of episodes resemble chapters of the manga. The 90s anime more so just took Naoko's characters and some basic plot elements and did their own thing with it. The original musicals, likewise, were mostly their own thing, and were probably more based on the anime than the manga.

PGSM was the first thing that can be called an adaptation of the manga, but it's more of a 'spiritual' adaptation than a literal one. After about episode 8 or 9, the episode plots all became original stories, rather than being recognizably based on chapters of the manga.

Currently there are two adaptations that are very closely based on the manga, taking far fewer liberties with the source material: Crystal and the current run of musicals. If Crystal were well-handled and well-received, I think Naoko might have considered/been approached to continue the manga and a continuation of Crystal beyond Stars would have been in the cards. But the series has been mismanaged spectacularly from the beginning. Its ratings, home video sales, and critical/fan response has been lukewarm at best, so while I think a Stars adaptation is a sure bet, beyond that the series has no future. The musicals, on the other hand, have been handled beautifully (even though they have their own flaws and weirdnesses). They've been well-received and done quite well, and - gasp! - we know from Osabu that they are planning to continue the series. And since each musical has fairly closely adapted each arc of the manga, I'd be quite surprised if the sixth musical was a rehash of one those arcs, so chances are it'll be an original story. In all likelihood, we will be getting that new material we've all been craving - but it will be via the version of Sailor Moon that's currently successful: the musicals. Had Crystal been good, we could have gotten it there.

I don't think Crystal will be the last animated adaptation of Sailor Moon; it'll just be the last one until Toei hires competent people who understand how to properly adapt Sailor Moon (or until Naoko gives the rights to a different studio).

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Um actually they are people who came in the fandom thanks to Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:44 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I think that it might be a good....at least I hope. Though I would have preferred it to come out as an episode, it is interesting and different. I think that I'll like it.

This will actually be the only season that I think might be better than the original anime Sailor Moon series because it'll have the Outers, the Amazon Quartet will be Chibiusa's little squad and etc. SMC seasons 1-2 were ok, but I liked the 90's anime better for these two seasons.
Season 3 for both adaptations were amazing. They both portrayed a dark season for the series.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I agree Star Angel Haruki I have stated before that again I never wanted a act for act completely faithful adaptation of the manga which even ultimately Crystal failed to be. I would have much rather they mad a continuation of the 90s anime as over all it is the most well loved and known version of the series. I would have much rather we receive something new then just a rehash of the same story we have been told multiple times over. However if they did do a reboot I would have been fine with it if it was more faithful to the manga then say the 90s anime. However I would have liked for them to add some filler, character development, characterization, plot expansion and world building stuff to the series to give character development to certain characters who received none in the manga as well as to expand on certain plots, concepts and characters that weren't explored in the manga and give us something new even if it is a rehash of the same story kind of like what PGSM did.

Either way there was a lot that Crystal could have done to have been better and they simply failed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I don't think Crystal will be the last animated adaptation of Sailor Moon; it'll just be the last one until Toei hires competent people who understand how to properly adapt Sailor Moon (or until Naoko gives the rights to a different studio).[/quote]

I hope not. I hope at least that we can get like a continuation of the 90's anime with new storylines or another series that's in between the manga and the old 90's anime with again new storylines. It would also be a good idea if a new adaptation can keep the Shitennou and have them develop their relationships with the other senshi.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:06 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
MariaTenebre wrote:
I agree Star Angel Haruki I have stated before that again I never wanted a act for act completely faithful adaptation of the manga which even ultimately Crystal failed to be. I would have much rather they mad a continuation of the 90s anime as over all it is the most well loved and known version of the series. I would have much rather we receive something new then just a rehash of the same story we have been told multiple times over. However if they did do a reboot I would have been fine with it if it was more faithful to the manga then say the 90s anime. However I would have liked for them to add some filler, character development, characterization, plot expansion and world building stuff to the series to give character development to certain characters who received none in the manga as well as to expand on certain plots, concepts and characters that weren't explored in the manga and give us something new even if it is a rehash of the same story kind of like what PGSM did.

Either way there was a lot that Crystal could have done to have been better and they simply failed.

I agree. I still like Crystal but I think being faithful but still with filler was the way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
There is probably not going to be another animated adaption crystal.People, how many animes you know had three animated adaptions? Anime is not the same anymore. When things get adapted now there is no filler unless here was in the manga. (Or original anime series, and some that are base on games.) Either than that no filler. Sailor Moon gets a second anime ad that is rare in general. Maybe they will adapt into a movie? Either than that i don't see any more things animated for sailor moon.Maybe 30 years from now for its 55 th anyvery. Rather having filler would help Crystal or not . Is basically irrelevant i this case . Bottomline they ain't going to do it . Crystal will probably be the last anime adaption for sailor moon o aleast for a long time

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:06 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
We might get lucky... SM is one of those rare magical girl shows that have spawned tons of musicals and landed a live action TV series unlike other shows. I think all the weight falls on these films. We will know the fate pretty soon after that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:11 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Well we can dream at least lol. It's not really far-fetched to get picked up for another adaptation when it's a very popular franchise. The fans just need to rise up and petition again (maybe harder this time).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:19 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
MariaTenebre wrote:

It's true. PGSM had great character development.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next