Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:27 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
We might get lucky... SM is one of those rare magical girl shows that have spawned tons of musicals and landed a live action TV series unlike other shows. I think all the weight falls on these films. We will know the fate pretty soon after that.

Death Note
Black Butler
Having a musical, or a live action thing isn't as rare if you're popular?If the movise do well .I still don't see another anime adaption.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If the Spider-Man film franchise can get two reboots in barely a decade, if Scooby-Doo and Batman can have countless TV series incarnations, if stories like Dracula or Sherlock Holmes can get literally hundreds of adaptations, etc, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for Sailor Moon to get another TV adaptation (animated or live action) within the next ten years following the end of Crystal.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MementoNepenthe wrote:
If the Spider-Man film franchise can get two reboots in barely a decade, if Scooby-Doo and Batman can have countless TV series incarnations, if stories like Dracula or Sherlock Holmes can get literally hundreds of adaptations, etc, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for Sailor Moon to get another TV adaptation (animated or live action) within the next ten years following the end of Crystal.

The things your forgetting thoes are American and England stuff . Sailor moon is Japan and they are not the same country.They do media very differently.It's not likely how anime is currently that sailor moon is going to get another animated adaption. The only magical girl anime .manga could think of that had many adaptions/reboots is Cutey Honey.To be fair it was that was the first action magical girl series , and the author made a lot of manga for it .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

The things your forgetting thoes are American and England stuff . Sailor moon is Japan and they are not the same country.They do media very differently.It's not likely how anime is currently that sailor moon is going to get another animated adaption. The only magical girl anime .manga could think of that had many adaptions/reboots is Cutey Honey.To be fair it was that was the first action magical girl series , and the author made a lot of manga for it .

You're missing one important detail: money. If Toei is happy with SM sales in general (so not only Crystal blurays/dvds) - and it seems they are because we wouldnt get Dream at all otherwise - then they might want to continue Sailor Moon beyond Crystal. In fact all the different fornats for the show (Net series, TV series, Movies, who knows maybe OVAs for Stars) make it even more likely because Toei isnt tied firmly to Crystal being one and the same for the entire run. Then there's Toei other show like Precure which is pretty much a whole new story each year.

For all we know Toei might do the same with 25th annivesary what they did with 20th annivesary which lasted for 5 years. They might do Dream in 2018 (and maybe 2019), then Stars 2020 (and maybe 2021) and then come up with a brand new animee to celebrate 30th annivesary. And that can be anything starting with 90s anime continuation or even trying to involve Naoko in doing a Crystall continuation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

You're missing one important detail: money. If Toei is happy with SM sales in general (so not only Crystal blurays/dvds) - and it seems they are because we wouldnt get Dream at all otherwise - then they might want to continue Sailor Moon beyond Crystal. In fact all the different fornats for the show (Net series, TV series, Movies, who knows maybe OVAs for Stars) make it even more likely because Toei isnt tied firmly to Crystal being one and the same for the entire run. Then there's Toei other show like Precure which is pretty much a whole new story each year.
Precurre has not been adatio

For all we know Toei might do the same with
25th annivesary what they did with 20th annivesary which lasted for 5 years. They might do Dream in 2018 (and maybe 2019), then Stars 2020 (and maybe 2021) and then come up with a brand new animee to celebrate 30th annivesary. And that can be anything starting with 90s anime continuation or even trying to involve Naoko in doing a Crystall continuation[
No I didn't miss anything. I'll say this is again it doesn't matter how much sailor moon crystal makes. (It does but not making another adapion)There are not going to make another second anime adaption. How anime currently is now.They do not in this time make several anime adaptions of a manga. IEven if the adaption does well. Toei would probably just make merchandise, and maybe adapt the side stories. Crystal is also manga adaption there is no six arc. Unless Naoko contiues the manga . Toei might just make a live action movie series . The 90 s anime has been over for 20 years now ?They had two other adaptions they are not going go back to it. Also pre cure is not a good example . Most of the series are complete spin offs with a different cast. There basically original magical girl animes with the same name .(Instead the first one miht been adaption of the manga or the anime just got manga)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
No I didn't miss anything. I'll say this is again it doesn't matter how much sailor moon crystal makes. (It does but not making another adapion)There are not going to make another second anime adaption. How anime currently is now.They do not in this time make several anime adaptions of a manga. IEven if the adaption does well. Toei would probably just make merchandise, and maybe adapt the side stories. Crystal is also manga adaption there is no six arc. Unless Naoko contiues the manga . Toei might just make a live action movie series . The 90 s anime has been over for 20 years now ?They had two other adaptions they are not going go back to it. Also pre cure is not a good example . Most of the series are complete spin offs with a different cast. There basically original magical girl animes with the same name .(Instead the first one miht been adaption of the manga or the anime just got manga)

Once again: you cant just simply rule out Naoko's agreeing about doing a continuation (even without new manga material). Thats what happened with Toriyama.

90s anime is 20 years old? So was DB and Card Captor Sakura and yet we're going back to their continuations right now.
There were other adaptations of SM? So what? There was DBGT and now we went back to DBZ like GT never happened. Saint Seiya had tons of different adaptations. Sometimes they're based on the original manga, sometimes they're just all new stories. Just in the last 5 years we've got SS Omega series (not based on manga), Legend Of Santcuary movie based on manga and SS Soul Of Gold which isnt really based on manga but it uses its characters

Even with Crystal right now, who would've thought we'd get a S4 as movies? One thing we know for sure is that the musicals will continue. And since the manga material is over they'll most likely go with new stories. You cant say, today, something like that for sure wont happen for the anime.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:45 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
Once again: you cant just simply rule out Naoko's agreeing about doing a continuation (even without new manga material). Thats what happened with Toriyama.

Though in Toriyama's case it took a lot of convincing and also Dragon Ball Evolution being the piece of crap that it was for him to get involved in anything Dragon Ball again.

Fun Fact: The only reason DBZ Kai exists was because of Bandai, they originally asked Toriyama back in 08-09 because they wanted something new to boost their merchandise sales, he turned them down and it was Toei who suggested Kai.

Quote:
Saint Seiya had tons of different adaptations. Sometimes they're based on the original manga, sometimes they're just all new stories. Just in the last 5 years we've got SS Omega series (not based on manga), Legend Of Santcuary movie based on manga and SS Soul Of Gold which isnt really based on manga but it uses its characters

And some are based on spinoff manga like Lost Canvas (not Toei) and the upcoming Saintia Shō (is Toei).

There's also the Hollywood live-action movie (which Toei is involved with) coming soon along with a CG anime series (not Saintia Shō but something else).

Meanwhile still no Next Dimension or Episode G adaptation...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

90s anime is 20 years old? So was DB and Card Captor Sakura and yet we're going back to their continuations right now.
There were other adaptations of SM? So what? There was DBGT and now we went back to DBZ like GT never happened. Saint Seiya had tons of different adaptations. Sometimes they're based on the original manga, sometimes they're just all new stories. Just in the last 5 years we've got SS Omega series (not based on manga), Legend Of Santcuary movie based on manga and SS Soul Of Gold which isnt really based on manga but it uses its characters

Even with Crystal right now, who would've thought we'd get a S4 as movies? One thing we know for sure is that the musicals will continue. And since the manga material is over they'll most likely go with new stories. You cant say, today, something like that for sure wont happen for the anime.

Read my post. I said THE 90 S anime has been over 20 year s old , and we have two reboots . They are not going to make a sequel the 90 s anime . Since they already two reboots. CardCaptors Sakura manga is continuing. The musicals have always had original, and new storise. If you want to hope they will make another animated adaption. You can,but still probaly not going happen. Also Saint Seyei omega was a spin off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:44 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
^You're constantly using words like "they wont". We dont know that and thats the point. Toei shown several times they are unpredictable and surprising. Its naive to think 90s anime continuation is imposible because PGSM or Crystal exist (which both are separate series with its own merits: one is a live action with a whole new story, the other one is a fairly strict manga adaptation) when Crystal is already filled with 90s anime callbacks and majority of the current merch is 90s anime oriented. The same applies to Crystal continuation: we dont know if Crystal will end on Stars. Naoko, most likely as other fans, is in the middle of second SM popularity era. We've been promised a brand new artbook, who knows if this and all of other aspects of SMs revival wont lead to some new story.

Will Naoko and Toei simply give up on the 30th annivesary in 5 years? After all they've been doing for the 20th and 25th annivesaries? I do believe another anime project is light years more likley than any other live action movie (hollywood or japanese)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
^You're constantly using words like "they wont". We dont know that and thats the point. Toei shown several times they are unpredictable and surprising. Its naive to think 90s anime continuation is imposible because PGSM or Crystal exist (which both are separate series with its own merits: one is a live action with a whole new story, the other one is a fairly strict manga adaptation) when Crystal is already filled with 90s anime callbacks and majority of the current merch is 90s anime oriented. The same applies to Crystal continuation: we dont know if Crystal will end on Stars. Naoko, most likely as other fans, is in the middle of second SM popularity era. We've been promised a brand new artbook, who knows if this and all of other aspects of SMs revival wont lead to some new story.

Will Naoko and Toei simply give up on the 30th annivesary in 5 years? After all they've been doing for the 20th and 25th annivesaries? I do believe another anime project is light years more likley than any other live action movie (hollywood or japanese)

There is a lot of merchandise of other shows.It doesn't mean anything is continuing.They do for the fans and make money.I never saw modern anime getting three animated adaptations .I'm not saying they won't do anything for the 30 th Anniversary . Just an animated adaption is unlikely.Like I said if you waNT To believe they could be another animated adaption .You can I'm not stopping you. I still think its generally unlikely, and impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If Naoko approves of Toei continuing the story after Crystal ends, and Toei thinks it's profitable, then there might definitely be a sequel sometime in the future even without a sixth manga arc written. No one should be saying that'll "never happen" unless they're Naoko or they work for Toei. There are several works that have had multiple anime adaptations or spin-offs, at the top of my head; Astro Boy, Cutie Honey and Ghost in the Shell.

If anything, I can see them trying to do something Codename: Sailor V first before they tackle any kind of live-action movie or new anime.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rols eyes infiity . Yes Astro boy only had two anime series . I said my comments a few times your guys are not changing my mind . So lets just all go back to the main topic of the thread.

I hope we have real time attacks, and o stock footage .The reason it's going to be a movie.I hope we get real time transformations as well

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

The thing is you're forgetting those are American and English things. Sailor Moon is from Japan and that's not the same country. They do media very differently. It's not likely how anime is currently that Sailor Moon is going to get another animated adaptation. The only magical girl anime/manga I can think of that had many adaptions/reboots is Cutey Honey. To be fair, it was the first action magical girl series, and the author made a lot of manga for it.

I'm well aware that the Spider-Man, etc, are American/English/Western series, and that Japan handles the media they produce differently; I just gave those as examples to show that something can be adapted many times. Furthermore, the way Japan - and other countries - produce/handle media is different today than it used to be because of the internet. We are living in an increasingly globalized society. The fact that Crystal streams in many countries with subtitles in many languages is a result of that. The fact that there is interest in bringing the musicals to other countries is a result of that. The people working on Sailor Moon today are very aware of its international fanbase and seem interested in appealing to them. This may potentially result in other countries someday producing their own adaptations of Sailor Moon. Many anime/manga series have been getting live action American adaptations lately (Death Note, Ghost in a Shell, Dragonball), just as some American series have gotten Japanese adaptations in the past (Powerpuff Girls, Supernatural, Spider-Man). Toei co-produced "Miraculous Ladybug" with a studio in France, which (correct me if I'm wrong) might be the first 'anime' produced by Japan and another country, opening the door for Sailor Moon to someday get an anime co-produced between Japan and another country like France or the US. You can't just assume that future adaptations of Sailor Moon, if any, would be limited to production in Japan. While the Toon Maker project of long ago didn't get picked up, that doesn't mean non-Japanese Sailor Moon adaptations are off the table.

But we're getting off-topic here.

What do I wish for the movies? Awesome animation, especially for the attacks and transformations. (Please be original! The ones in the 90s anime are so bland!)

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
^ I would like for the Movies to have HQ animation, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I know its unlikely since Kon is back. Still I would love the style to b e a mix of both styles , or at least more mature

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:52 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Rols eyes infiity . Yes Astro boy only had two anime series .

Actually it had 3 (1963, 1980 & 2003), 4 if you count it's prequel Atom The Beginning which aired this past April.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Rols eyes infiity . Yes Astro boy only had two anime series .

Actually it had 3 (1963, 1980 & 2003), 4 if you count it's prequel Atom The Beginning which aired this past April.

Oh where I read, and I always thought it had two. Looking up the mana had 27 volumes. Sorry 23 (I think need new glasses )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
I agree Toei can be unpredictable...Look at what SM Crystal started out with and look where it is now. Hahaha. None of honestly knows what will happen. All we can do now is hope the movies turn out well and uncensored. What Id like to see is fluid animation. I don't mind the 90s attack references from Season III, but for Dream I would like original attacks (Compare Mars Flame Sniper and Sailor Gamer's arrow attack) and good fight scenes with each of the Inners getting the appropriate screen time for their dreams & being able to kill their does on their own. I want them to apply the same drive of fluid animation for both movies. The only 90's call back I'd like to see is someone or something listening to Moonlight Densetsu in the background or whatever. Did I mention, uncensored scenes. I mean nothing "graphic but I'm sure Sailor Moon Crystal can handle being a bit more faithful with its content. Is having Mercury's talking harp too much?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I want them to apply the same drive of fluid animation for both movies.

I agree, the animation should be fluid.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
The only 90's call back I'd like to see is someone or something listening to Moonlight Densetsu in the background or whatever.

But then that means it would have to be the Momoiro Clover Z version...

Speaking of music, something I hope for is that they don't come back for this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
imaginationgirl wrote:
There is a lot of merchandise of other shows.It doesn't mean anything is continuing.They do for the fans and make money.I never saw modern anime getting three animated adaptations .I'm not saying they won't do anything for the 30 th Anniversary . Just an animated adaption is unlikely.Like I said if you waNT To believe they could be another animated adaption .You can I'm not stopping you. I still think its generally unlikely, and impossible.

I never said anything about third adaptation. I said about the possibility of a continuation for either Crystal or the 90s anime which wouldnt be a third adaptation. There's of course Sailor V in the cards aswell.

I cant wait for the OST for the movies (i assume there will be one for both). S1-2 and S3 were fantastic and i listen to them on regular basis. I hope the guy behind the music for Crystal stays for S4

Moonlight Densetsu would be a nice touch either for an opening, ending or for the final battle against Nehelenia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:12 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
SailorSugababe wrote:
I cant wait for the OST for the movies (i assume there will be one for both).

I'm not so sure, with Digimon Tri, they have released everything but the movie soundtrack so they could be waiting until after the final film is out to do so. It sucks because there's a remix of one of Arisawa's tracks in Part 1 (the battle theme that was recycled from Sailor Stars) that I want to hear the full version of.

If it's the same for Crystal then here's hoping there's something planned in-between that isn't just another CD single with the first OP/ED themes.

Still waiting for a second character song album...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:17 pm 
Luna
Luna
SailorSugababe wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

I never said anything about third adaptation. I said about the possibility of a continuation for either Crystal or the 90s anime which wouldnt be a third adaptation. There's of course Sailor V in the cards aswell.

I cant wait for the OST for the movies (i assume there will be one for both). S1-2 and S3 were fantastic and i listen to them on regular basis. I hope the guy behind the music for Crystal stays for S4

Moonlight Densetsu would be a nice touch either for an opening, ending or for the final battle against Nehelenia

You guys need to get over the 90s anime in Crystal - it hasn't had any 90s tracks yet and probably won't.
It is possible that there would be a sequel to it, but honestly, that seems completely far fetched and int could confuse audiences -especially the casual fans of this show.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SILVER wrote:

You guys need to get over the 90s anime in Crystal - it hasn't had any 90s tracks yet and probably won't.
It is possible that there would be a sequel to it, but honestly, that seems completely far fetched and int could confuse audiences -especially the casual fans of this show.

90s anime throwbacks were in Crystal since day 1 and i highly doubt if they'll just vanish in S4 and out of all possible throwbacks i think a music one (actually a "single song" one) would be probably the best and least intrusive

Quote:

I dont think it would confuse anyone more than the stuff thats going on right now which is VIZ releasing 90s anime and Crystal at the same time (R movie was even in theaters) while Japanese channels aired both series back to back last year. But thats all just speculations about possible future of the series (if there is one).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:40 pm 
Stella
Stella
First of all to imaginationgirl making a sequel to the 90s anime isn't that unlikely as for one it is the most well known and well loved version of the series and we have seen quite a few series from the 90s given sequels like Cardcaptor Sakura, the Dragon Ball series etc. I honestly think that if they had made Crystal a sequel to the 90s anime it wouldn't have gotten near as much the hate it got. Especially since the 90s merchandise sells like hotcakes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:51 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
making a sequel to the 90s anime isn't that unlikely as for one it is the most well known and well loved version of the series

I agree, even though the 90's anime isn't my favorite of SM, it is very popular.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
as much as I adore the 90s anime the version likely to continue to be made would be based on the manga with nods to the 90s
that's just putting it realistically

I consider the 90s anime complete done finished as nice as it would be to see an addition to it what's done is done
they aren't gonna make Sailor Moon ala Dragonball Super

the problem crystal has is that it keeps changing what was in the manga it was supposed to be a true faithful version
but the season 1 changes turned many off and that's it's downfall it can improve all it wants but what's done is done
my point is if it was faithful from the get-go with no change other that the occasional censor here and there [and better animation and also not switching from web show to tv to movie but find one medium that's not so costly and stick with it all the way through ] crystal would be vastly more popular and more praised

it's very possible that Dreams as a movie could be better than we all expect
or it could flop
it's all up in the air till it comes out

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:54 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
At least we still have the musicals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:14 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
We can also hope that the movie has more tight writing. Though not a "major thing", I found it pretty sloppy for Usagi and the others to transform in front of Naru and Umino without hesitation and it never be brought up again. I don't ever remember Naru or Umino knowing the identities of.the Senshi unless I'm wrong. Any weird scenes in Dream should be patched up respectively and not just tossed out without much thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MariaTenebre wrote:
First of all to imaginationgirl making a sequel to the 90s anime isn't that unlikely as for one it is the most well known and well loved version of the series and we have seen quite a few series from the 90s given sequels like Cardcaptor Sakura, the Dragon Ball series etc. I honestly think that if they had made Crystal a sequel to the 90s anime it wouldn't have gotten near as much the hate it got. Especially since the 90s merchandise sells like hotcakes.

Oh give me a break. Cardcaptors new anime is not sequel to the old anime . They are adapting the cleat card arc in anime format. I guess you ca say its a little of both. But saying like its a complete original sequel. Its very unlikely that the 90 s anime get a sequel. It really dosen't matter how popuar is .Dragon ball had Dragon ball z kai which is a recut of the old anime .Trying to make it closer to the manga. Then they had two original movies .That was then reworked into shows. Crystal was never going to be a sequel to the 90 s anime and never was meant to be anything like it. Honestly, some fans should really accept that. They were also manga fans like me who wanted a readaptation for ages.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next