* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Dream Arc Movies and Censorship
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:14 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
While I have been mostly enjoying Crystal, one of my disappointments with it has been how they've toned down some of the darker content of the manga, like Mamoru's body turning into a skeleton in the Dark Kingdom arc, or changing it so Sailor Moon defeats Beryl by stabbing her earring. Do you think a movie format will allow them to be a little more daring with the darker content of the manga and relax the censorship some?

Post subject: Re: The Dream Arc Movies and Censorship
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:51 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I am still wondering why these changes were made... I mean,Crystal's target are women who grew up with Sailor Moon classic- an adult audience who can handle a bit of violence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Given how some countries have been censoring season three, I figure it was probably made to make it more acceptable for networks in international markets.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Who knows? I've heard all kinds of theories. The biggest one is that the animals that become the Trio won't die or even be harmed. Rather the animals will be possessed by Lemures or something. Now it may not happen that way at all. This is a fairly dark section of the manga and it needs to be treated that way. However, somehow I doubt well actually see Mamoru cough up black blood and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:13 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Who knows? I've heard all kinds of theories. The biggest one is that the animals that become the Trio won't die or even be harmed. Rather the animals will be possessed by Lemures or something. Now it may not happen that way at all. This is a fairly dark section of the manga and it needs to be treated that way. However, somehow I doubt well actually see Mamoru cough up black blood and stuff like that.
I think we'll see Mamoru cough up Black blood, it is not that creepy. About the amazon trio, I think we'll see them die in their human form.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:54 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I surely hope they don't censor the trios death. They need to leave stuff like that alone and focus on the animation and overall story. I think sometimes the censorship stuff is silly. I mean we're watching a show about young girls in short skirts fight dangerous forces that want to kill them...... :neutral:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I will be irate if they tamper with Artemis' ridiculous death scene