Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Petition to make Season 4 into episodes.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
As we all know, Crystal Season IV is going to be made into two movies. This has upset one person who has started a petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/671/353/377/

Post subject: Re: Petition to make Season 4 into episodes.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Online petitions are more therapeutic solutions rather than practical solutions to a problem. They don't really change anything, and no company will change their decisions just for a bunch of signatures, which could very well be one person or a bot. But if it makes the person feel like they tried, they can give it a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Instead of making petitions, you should reply Toei on their twitter account (in Japanese, of course).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:38 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Of course it'll be episodes, when they get streamed on Crunchyroll & elsewhere like with Digimon Tri (hopefully).

This reminds me of that English petition someone made before S1 premiered demanding all the Japanese 90s voice actors return and he was posting it everywhere which was ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:28 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
This petition would have mattered if Toei actually cared.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
musa wrote:
As we all know, Crystal Season IV is going to be made into two movies. This has upset one person who has started a petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/671/353/377/

Why would Toei care about what America would say ? I mean were not their main audience? It's not like they are on social media, and sites constantly trying to find any feedback/?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
knowall7 wrote:
Online petitions are more therapeutic solutions rather than practical solutions to a problem.

knowall7 wrote:
one person or a bot.

Attachments:
File comment: One person or a bot
giant-p.png
giant-p.png [ 70.19 KiB | Viewed 3366 times ]

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
With the shortage of animators in this anime crisis, it might actually be more feasible to do movies rather than weekly episodes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:32 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I don't think TOEI cares about what Japanese Sailor Moon fans think...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:59 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
Clow wrote:

^^^this i agree clow

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:03 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Other: taken :A
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Clow wrote:

^^^this i agree clow

I came here to say the exact same words.Not only Japanese,but other fans too.They made a decision and there's no coming back :/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I'm also sure they already have contracts laid out and everything they can't just change just because the fans want them to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Other: The Rei-volution
ChibiBoi wrote:
With the shortage of animators in this anime crisis, it might actually be more feasible to do movies rather than weekly episodes.

What anime crisis?

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:51 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^Details here:

http://goboiano.com/anime-industry-face ... oductions/

Missing from the tweets in that link:

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/statu ... 9801544704

Quote:
Quote:
so what is the status of studios that can keep anime going on for years and years like one piece or detective conan?

Toei and TMS have a different kind of production pipeline. They are also bigger structures with access to a larger number of staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:50 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I'm watching at least 3 anime channels (2 foreign and one local) here and anime has a lot to offer ranging from scif, action, comedy, sports, drama and fantasy.

The anime crisis in my opinion began when character designs became weird (One Piece, Madoka) with the lineart being barely visible in late 2000's.

A-1 Pictures seems to be able to produce quality animation content.

I personally think TOEI is willing to cash out quality this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:

The anime crisis in my opinion began when character designs became weird (One Piece, Madoka) with the lineart being barely visible in late 2000's.

But One Piece (anime) is 1999, Madoka is 2011...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Also the art style choices of an anime have nothing to do with the lack of available animators.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
Also the art style choices of an anime have nothing to do with the lack of available animators.

Such choices might tend to be those of simpler, unsophisticated styles, tho, due to the lack of animators, especially the more experienced/skillful ones. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:

And leave Naoko without a new Porsche this year? Not happening. :ninja:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:47 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Maraviollantes wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Yassss @ this comment! LMAO!! You know that since she probably has rights with a stronger contract, she's getting buku money regardless of if Crystal does well or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:15 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Lol. Do people really hate the idea of it being a movie? I mean I get that episodes in a way are better, but what would be wrong about a two part movie?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:36 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
rgveda99 wrote:
I'm watching at least 3 anime channels (2 foreign and one local) here and anime has a lot to offer ranging from scif, action, comedy, sports, drama and fantasy.

A-1 Pictures seems to be able to produce quality animation content.

Wait, while I agree that Madoka, as an anime, isn't exactly as beautifully drawn and detailed as, say a CLAMP anime, the artists and animators were very talented: they intentionally made the animation look visually chaotic and, to a certain extent, really disturbing. In doing this, they created an unmatched masterpiece. They thought about each and every detail.

TOEI, nope, TOEI's job is to make money and as long as people buy their crappy toys, they will continue not caring about the quality of their anime titles.

To stay on topic, I think it's clear that the production of Crystal was filled with inconsistencies:

(1) Crystal was conceived, originally, as web anime (ONA).
(2) Then it became a televised show, and while the third season was a huge improvement over the first 2 seasons, the characters' designs changed.
(3) Now the fourth season will be divided into two movies (?!) and I will not be surprised if the characters' designs change... again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:40 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Yassss @ this comment! LMAO!! You know that since she probably has rights with a stronger contract, she's getting buku money regardless of if Crystal does well or not.

That's what I'm talking about. Why it would bother Naoko if Sailor Moon is doing well or not? She never gave us a single reason to suspect she belongs to those crazy creators who keep working every day even after earning millions, and don't hesitate to spend their personal money to fund further development of their beloved franchise. I guess Naoko would laugh her ☹ off if somebody at Toei offered to temporarily cut her royalties and invest instead into hiring better animators and designers for SMC. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Cierra Moon wrote:
Lol. Do people really hate the idea of it being a movie? I mean I get that episodes in a way are better, but what would be wrong about a two part movie?
I don't hate the idea of them being movies. I've always felt like Crystal should have been an OVA film series from the start. My big issue is they should do it in three movies instead of just two so they have more time to cover the manga.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:17 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Cierra Moon wrote:
I don't hate the idea of them being movies. I've always felt like Crystal should have been an OVA film series from the start. My big issue is they should do it in three movies instead of just two so they have more time to cover the manga.

I haven't read that far into the manga, but why three parts instead of two? From what I heard, this arc has about 12 episodes worth of storylines to cover. Wouldn't two be enough?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:06 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
After the universally negative response that Crystal received, we should be happy they're still releasing new material tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
C-17 wrote:
After the universally negative response that Crystal received, we should be happy they're still releasing new material tbh.

I agree with the bolded phrase, C-17.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Cierra Moon wrote:
I haven't read that far into the manga, but why three parts instead of two? From what I heard, this arc has about 12 episodes worth of storylines to cover. Wouldn't two be enough?
Adding up the combined length of six 22 minute episodes not counting the theme songs, they would need at least 132 minutes to properly adapt a movie as long as six episodes. Is Toei willing to make a Sailor Moon movie that long?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:17 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Neon Genesis wrote:
Cierra Moon wrote:
Adding up the combined length of six 22 minute episodes not counting the theme songs, they would need at least 132 minutes to properly adapt a movie as long as six episodes. Is Toei willing to make a Sailor Moon movie that long?

I'm hoping also it wouldn't have those long ☹ uninispired repetitive transformations of Digimon Tri. Since its a movie will most likely see just 1 transformation each, a group transformation with :usagi: and :chibiusa: having 2 transformation events.

Also hoping no 3D CGI policy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
rgveda99 wrote:
Also hoping no 3D CGI policy.

No need to worry about that...

https://twitter.com/aers00/status/716953668860448768 (April 2016)

Quote:
http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/sailormooncrystal02/page/3

Chiaki Kon only agreed to direct Crystal s3 if they let her do 2D henshins instead of CG, lol

She's the director who returned for these films so the new transformations shouldn't be CG.