Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: If you were in charge of Crystal.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
I just don't see why we need a prequel scene or series or whatever. Just jump into Usagi and the others and let the backstory unfold. That sort of story telling works.

Because we get to see more of the Silver Millenium. Its technology, culture, people and lifestyle. PGSM failed in this aspect as well.

Also you can have fun with the past lives of the other supporting characters.

I have an idea for Umino to be student at a university. He actually hooks up with Fisheye (who is a girl and a mermaid in this past life). The Sailors will have their own mini quest episodes along with the other characters.

Also I'd like to see the Silver Millenium have an army and a royal guard cause the attack on the moon was really pathetic for an advance civilization. :usagi: Abridged really did had a point about Queen Serenity partying every :toast: night

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
I just don't see why we need a prequel scene or series or whatever.

Because :minako: >>>>> :usagi:

Don't care for the Silver Millennium stuff myself and would rather see a Codename Sailor V adaptation over that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
NJ_ wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
I just don't see why we need a prequel scene or series or whatever.

Because :minako: >>>>> :usagi:

Don't care for the Silver Millennium beginnings myself and I would rather see a Codename Sailor V adaptation over that.

much as I adore Usagi I'll agree, I don't need to see Serenity hooking up with Endymoron flash backs telling that story would be just as fine P-:
and I always wanted an anime version of Codename Sailor V :minako:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
May be I'll add a table scene for past Beryl. :mischief:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
Oh well that kind of prequel would be awesome. I definitely want a Sailor V anime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
rgveda99 wrote:

Mohagany Beryl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments:
Lupin laugh.gif
Lupin laugh.gif [ 558 KiB | Viewed 1128 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Prince Rose wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Mohagany Beryl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like going to a Hunger Games forum just to see their reaction. XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
rgveda99 wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
I just don't see why we need a prequel scene or series or whatever. Just jump into Usagi and the others and let the backstory unfold. That sort of story telling works.

Because we get to see more of the Silver Millenium. Its technology, culture, people and lifestyle. PGSM failed in this aspect as well.

Also you can have fun with the past lives of the other supporting characters.

I have an idea for Umino to be student at a university. He actually hooks up with Fisheye (who is a girl and a mermaid in this past life). The Sailors will have their own mini quest episodes along with the other characters.

Also I'd like to see the Silver Millenium have an army and a royal guard cause the attack on the moon was really pathetic for an advance civilization. :usagi: Abridged really did had a point about Queen Serenity partying every :toast: night

It really sounds sucky that the people of the Moon Kingdom had parties and balls like every other night while Uranus, Neptune and Pluto sat on their planets like expendable scarecrows waiting for the next attack outside of the Universe.

Queen Nehellania was right about the people of the white moon. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:42 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would have kept the anime faithful to the manga, and not have cut any of the panels out. Nothing in the manga would have given the anime anything more than a PG-13 rating. I would have extended a few of the fights scenes where needed, and maybe added in some comedic based filler to balance out the more macabre aspects of the series. Ideally I would have liked to have used a 2 episode per chapter format.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
^ I like those ideas, Echelon9.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Echelon9 wrote:
I would have kept the anime faithful to the manga, and not have cut any of the panels out. Nothing in the manga would have given the anime anything more than a PG-13 rating. I would have extended a few of the fights scenes where needed, and maybe added in some comedic based filler to balance out the more macabre aspects of the series. Ideally I would have liked to have used a 2 episode per chapter format.

Not bad. Would have tried to work the side stories into the series?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ That sounds like a good question, doctorwho29. How will the side stories fit into the series?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:58 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Echelon9 wrote:

Not bad. Would have tried to work the side stories into the series?

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen them included as filler episodes in between arcs. As it stands we'll be lucky to get them as OVA's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:14 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Ah. I would have tried to work them into the story of the seasons themselves but your way works too

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I'd make it a mixture of the 90's anime and the manga and give it two more seasons with my own ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If I were in charge of Crystal I would have down the following:

* Start it out as a weekly TV broadcast with simulcast to as many countries as possible.

* Have as much of the original voice cast return as possible.

* The character designs would be initially based on the Shinsouban covers and the girls would look their age, but gradually evolve into a more mature artstyle. Rather than starting off with designs that make them look like 20-year-olds right off the bat.

* All of the gag scenes from the manga would be kept as is and not cut.

* I would have kept the Dark Kingdom arc and Black Moon arc together, but instead of a 2-cour show (26 episodes), I would have done it as 3 cours (38 Episodes). 19 Episodes covering Dark Kingdom and 19 episodes dealing with the Black Moon arc. That gives enough episodes to add depth and characterization without padding the story too much. The series would be called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal.

* The following year a new series is announced called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crisis. It would adapt the Infinity and Dream arcs for another 38 episodes.

* The third year, Stars is announced as a two part movie, Part I: Eternal and Part II: Cosmos and end the series with a bang.

* ALL of the side stories released as OVAs. Casablanca Memories would be adapted as a regular episode in the Dark Kingdom chapter though.

* I'm a realist so even my imagination the show would be produced by Toei... But maybe as a collaboration with another studio that has it's s@#! together so the quality would be consistent.

* A Sailor V movie that adapts the Kaitou Ace story arc a long with a net anime of 26 episodes that are 15 minutes long covering the sillier stories.

* A Silver Millennium movie done by the same team that did the Moon Pride music video.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Me want Sailormoon Crystal Death Moon. :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Seira Hazuki wrote:

* Start it out as a weekly TV broadcast with simulcast to as many countries as possible.

* The character designs would be initially based on the Shinsouban covers and the girls would look their age, but gradually evolve into a more mature artstyle. Rather than starting off with designs that make them look like 20-year-olds right off the bat.

* I would have kept the Dark Kingdom arc and Black Moon arc together, but instead of a 2-cour show (26 episodes), I would have done it as 3 cours (38 Episodes). 19 Episodes covering Dark Kingdom and 19 episodes dealing with the Black Moon arc. That gives enough episodes to add depth and characterization without padding the story too much. The series would be called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal.

* The following year a new series is announced called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crisis. It would adapt the Infinity and Dream arcs for another 38 episodes.

* The third year, Stars is announced as a two part movie, Part I: Eternal and Part II: Cosmos and end the series with a bang.

* ALL of the side stories released as OVAs. Casablanca Memories would be adapted as a regular episode in the Dark Kingdom chapter though.

* I'm a realist so even my imagination the show would be produced by Toei... But maybe as a collaboration with another studio that has it's s@#! together so the quality would be consistent.

* A Sailor V movie that adapts the Kaitou Ace story arc a long with a net anime of 26 episodes that are 15 minutes long covering the sillier stories.

* A Silver Millennium movie done by the same team that did the Moon Pride music video.

I love these ideas so much, Seira Hazuki! They sound great. I espiecially love the idea of Toei collaborating another animation studio. Having quality animation is important. I think the idea of having 19 episodes for the first four seasons and Stars as two-part movie works very well.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I would have made it an OVA film series from the start like the Digimon Tri movies. I would have stayed more faithful and keep in more of the darker content of the manga. I would have included characters like Grandpa Hino and Unazuki and kept the subplot of Motoki finding out their identities. I also would have kept the season one art style but add in more goofy faces like they did in season two. But I think a film series format would have allowed them a bigger budget to perfect the season one art style better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Seira Hazuki wrote:

Sounds to much like right for Toei to ever do.