Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:47 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 6874
Location: Philippines
.... while :minako: and :setsuna: get to have belts?

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
Posts: 2573
Gender: Agender
Yuki Satou said she based her designs on the covers of the perfect edition release of the manga. Jupiter doesn't have her belt (just like Mars doesn't have her pendant), and so those (lack of) details were repeated in their designs for Crystal. Darn Naoko's lack of consistency!

_________________
I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means Trump! #NotMyPresident

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 22664
Location: in my Aesthetic with Usagi
Gender: Male
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
It's a shame they would've been good additions to their design to further be closer to the manga

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37655
Gender: Male
Prince Rose wrote:
It's a shame they would've been good additions to their design to further be closer to the manga

Technically speaking it's still based on the "covers of the perfect edition release of the manga," as MementoNepenthe said above. lol

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:15 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 22664
Location: in my Aesthetic with Usagi
Gender: Male
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
It's a shame they would've been good additions to their design to further be closer to the manga

Technically speaking it's still based on the "covers of the perfect edition release of the manga," as MementoNepenthe said above. lol

ok never mind it's origin how about this: it just looks cooler P-:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37655
Gender: Male
Prince Rose wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
It's a shame they would've been good additions to their design to further be closer to the manga

Technically speaking it's still based on the "covers of the perfect edition release of the manga," as MementoNepenthe said above. lol

ok never mind it's origin how about this: it just looks cooler P-:

Agreed too - they should've done what PGSM did on this regard. :)

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2266
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
^ I agree with the above too! And PGSM did a great job in that regard.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Posts: 2653
Location: Outer Space
Gender: Biseinen Angel
Other: Kuiper Belt
I think the minor add-ons make them look way more unique. It would have been nice to see them wearing it. PGSM is pretty faithful design wise in everything. I think they did a great job and should loan the outfits to the musical crew.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 07, 2014
Posts: 866
Location: Dark Kingdom
Weren't those details exclusive to the Materials collection and the manga re-release during the PGSM era anyway?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:18 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
Posts: 2573
Gender: Agender
They're still there in the perfect editions, they occasionally appear in Naoko's colored artwork from the 90s, and there are instances in the original manga release where Mars did have her pendant, though I don't think Jupiter ever had her belt.

_________________
I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means Trump! #NotMyPresident

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:02 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4397
I wish they kept their uniform trinkets in all of their forms including Super and Eternal as that would make them more unique.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:30 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37655
Gender: Male
MariaTenebre wrote:
I wish they kept their uniform trinkets in all of their forms including Super and Eternal as that would make them more unique.

Same here - in fact, I even wish their Super & Eternal costumes themselves would have their own unique features, too. :)

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Posts: 2653
Location: Outer Space
Gender: Biseinen Angel
Other: Kuiper Belt
Would Eternal Mercury wear her visor at all times since she doesn't have any accessories. Well to be fair, she has that mini super computer. I think she and Mars earring setup change as well. Seems like Naoko kept things minor with the changes..(Idk if this is by choice or because of time constraints.) We really don't get that custom fuku modification until we leave out of our Solar System with Senshi from other worlds. The fuku in our Solar System could be the standard outfit for Sailor Senshi and the further you go out, the more elaborate (or revealing...) they can get.

What is interesting to me is that, Usagi is our Goddess much more of the less. No one like her. Then we meet Princess Fireball, who in essence is almost exactly like Usagi. She is on the run from Galaxia and is later killed by Galaxia, performing one of them Usagi self-sacrificing actions. Seeing her in her rotal gown makes me want to see other princesses....(ya know like the Disney princess girls but instead..Sailor Moon princesses.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Jupiter get to have her rose belt....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 pm 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4397
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Would Eternal Mercury wear her visor at all times since she doesn't have any accessories. Well to be fair, she has that mini super computer. I think she and Mars earring setup change as well. Seems like Naoko kept things minor with the changes..(Idk if this is by choice or because of time constraints.) We really don't get that custom fuku modification until we leave out of our Solar System with Senshi from other worlds. The fuku in our Solar System could be the standard outfit for Sailor Senshi and the further you go out, the more elaborate (or revealing...) they can get.

What is interesting to me is that, Usagi is our Goddess much more of the less. No one like her. Then we meet Princess Fireball, who in essence is almost exactly like Usagi. She is on the run from Galaxia and is later killed by Galaxia, performing one of them Usagi self-sacrificing actions. Seeing her in her rotal gown makes me want to see other princesses....(ya know like the Disney princess girls but instead..Sailor Moon princesses.)

Well there are other royalty Senshi with powerful Crystals and their own Guardians. Tuxedo Mask is the Senshi of the Earth and his Golden Crystal parallels Sailor Moon's Silver Crystal. Besides that there is Sailor Kakyuu with whatever her Crystal is called and Sailor Galaxia with her Saffer Crystal.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 9 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator