It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC

Do You Guys Think That Sailor Moon Crystal Is Underated
Poll ended at Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 am
.That You Guys Loved Sailor Moon Crystal 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
.That You Guys Think Sailor Moon Crystal Is Ok 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
.Or You Guys Despise Sailor Moon Crystal 26%  26%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Crystal Underated?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
SILVER wrote:
Interesting? She’s sort of an unlikeable b word -being mean for the sake of it and then supposedly being Usagi’s most loyal and trusted companion.
With friends like her it’s no wonder that Usagi Can forgive even her worst enemies.

With that said, there were a few character moments from the manga that were removed in the first season that REALLY took away from Rei and the other Senshi.

well she was more of a dynamic character in the 90s anime then in Crystal where she was as interesting as watching paint dry :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

Last edited by Ryo Urawa on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:46 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
i like her in both versions.both being a serious maiden and a crazy girl fits her well but this is my opinion :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:59 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Crystal Moon wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
90s Rei is way better than Crystal Rei for the sake of in the 90s she's actually interesting and fiery...in the manga she doesn't really stand out. (Who does besides USA)

I am a bit like 90's Rei and I feel I'm unlikable. :oh: :oh: :oh:

I love 90s Rei. I think she is the type of girl that knows what she wants and isn't afraid to voice her opinion and doesn't take crap but I think whoever decided to change her in the 90s made her a more interesting character. I guess Crystal Rei is okay but she's so passive & well kinda boring. I did like her little birthday episode in Crystal though. I like how as Usagi matured in 90s, Rei changed as well. I think it was a big mistake whoever decided to cut Casablanca Memories and also idk why they removed her grandfather. I know he was pervy but he was still funny in a way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:38 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
90s Rei is way better than Crystal Rei for the sake of in the 90s she's actually interesting and fiery...in the manga she doesn't really stand out. (Who does besides USA)

Well, the fact that 90's Rei has an actual personality already makes her better. Love her or hate her, at least she makes you feel something. Crystal Rei? She's just there.

By the way, manga Rei was just as mean as 90's Rei. She just did it with more class.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They should have followed just one style: Sakou's style, or Akira's style.
The first 2 seasons invented a bunch of things, and season 3 tried to denied them.
The only things that remain from the first 2 seasons are Mercury Aqua Mist and Sailor V poster.
They brought hope to manga fans like us, and then they took it away.
What is Crystal being made for? :sick: :sick: :sick:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:24 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:

:vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :yoshi:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:43 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
@SILVER: I disagree. Crystal Rei is soooo boring. She's not an interesting character espiecially in seasons one and two. She's also passive, that scene in Act 3 where she was being questioned, instead of telling passersby to leave outright, she just ignores it. The head writer also changed that scene in Crystal Act 4 where Rei is happy to be a Senshi rather than having flip her hair and proclaim she'd been busy doing other things. Both those scenarios are bad writing, period.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
@SILVER: I disagree. Crystal Rei is soooo boring. She's not an interesting character espiecially in seasons one and two. She's also passive, that scene in Act 3 where she was being questioned, instead of telling passersby to leave outright, she just ignores it. The head writer also changed that scene in Crystal Act 4 where Rei is happy to be a Senshi rather than having flip her hair and proclaim she'd been busy doing other things. Both those scenarios are bad writing, period.

I WOULD have loved to see that in Act 4. It really kinda relates her to Minako kinda as well! I'm so mad that didn't get in there. Rei needed it. I also liked her fierce pose in the original opening but they changed it into something so bland and scarecrow like.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:48 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ Rei's hair flip?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Yes. Just something to show that she had a little edge. All I remember her saying from S1 was that.. "We Don't Need Men!" and that's I really remember speech wise. I'd love a little hair flip from her in Act 4. I also like her original post in the Moon Pride opening until they changed into something bland.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:17 am 
Luna
Luna
FloraKiraraHime wrote:

Did I state that Crystal Rei wa Uber awesome? NO.
Don’t put words in my mouth, especially when I’ve ALREADY stated that the changes made in this adaptation have been questionable. I’m not sure what it is that you’re debating here, to be fully honest.
Manga Rei isn’t to my taste -boy crazy, angry, mean and a wannabe idol or something... it’s like they just took her design and stripped Rei of the character that she was created to be too. Don’t get me started on her pointless relationship with Mamoru (shittenou WHO?).

She’s Rei in name only, and is similar to Venus in PGSM;
Ñame is the same and they look similar but the character is almost completely different otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:02 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^was Venus really that bad in PGSM?, and here i thought you loved Crystal guess that was proven false you sure love to confuse people don't you Miss SILVER? XD also yes Rei was by far the weakest element of Crystal (artwork aside of course)

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:17 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SILVER wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Interesting? She’s sort of an unlikeable b word -being mean for the sake of it and then supposedly being Usagi’s most loyal and trusted companion.
With friends like her it’s no wonder that Usagi Can forgive even her worst enemies.

With that said, there were a few character moments from the manga that were removed in the first season that REALLY took away from Rei and the other Senshi.

Rei was hardly unlikable yes she and Usagi fought but they fought like sisters. Ami and Luna even said as much and besides Usagi tossed some pretty harsh exchanges back at her. Once more Rei was just as ☹y in the manga. All though she was more reserved she was still just as ☹y. Meanwhile Crystal turned Rei into Ami 2.0

SILVER wrote:
FloraKiraraHime wrote:

Did I state that Crystal Rei wa Uber awesome? NO.
Don’t put words in my mouth, especially when I’ve ALREADY stated that the changes made in this adaptation have been questionable. I’m not sure what it is that you’re debating here, to be fully honest.
Manga Rei isn’t to my taste -boy crazy, angry, mean and a wannabe idol or something... it’s like they just took her design and stripped Rei of the character that she was created to be too. Don’t get me started on her pointless relationship with Mamoru (shittenou WHO?).

She’s Rei in name only, and is similar to Venus in PGSM;
Ñame is the same and they look similar but the character is almost completely different otherwise.

Personally I felt Rei was better in the 90s. Rei basically in the manga let her problems with her father and Kaidou jade her towards men. Meanwhile anime Rei was a more dynamic character and I liked that she had dreams such as being an idol. Again as I mentioned before Rei was just as "mean" in the manga.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:22 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
I think it's too early to reach a consensus about Crystal.

Wait 5-10 years and fans may have changed their minds.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^^ We'll be finally getting the Sailor Stars movie by then I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
^^^ But still no Sailor V anime. :dead:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
SILVER wrote:

it’s like they just took her design and stripped Rei of the character that she was created to be.

Considering that the manga and anime were released simultaneously, I'd argue that both versions are legit. And while the 90's anime made some big changes with the character, her core traits are still there. She's still fierce, snarky, hard-working, passionate, cynical, arrogant and takes ☹ from no one. Even her interest in music is not Anime-only thing, since we see her playing the piano in "Casablanca Memories". In PGSM she pretty much became a wannabe idol for one episode and Crystal even referenced it in their CD album.

The biggest change that they made with her character was her attitude towards men, wich I think was a blessing in disguise. The Anime writers gave every character their own quirk (like Minako misremembering puns or Mako saying that every guy looks like her ex). Rei's quirk was her relationship was Usagi. Imagine If they went with her misandry instead and we had to seat through hundreds of episods of Rei saying "I don't trust men" over and over again. That would do the character no favors.

And yes, I agree with everyone. Omitting her iconic hair flip was just criminal. I'd sue Toei for this If I could :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:50 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
If 90's anime Rei said something akin to "I don't trust men" in every episode, she'd be the patron saint of fierce of the internet today, let's be real.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
MementoNepenthe wrote:
If 90's anime Rei said something akin to "I don't trust men" in every episode, she'd be the patron saint of fierce of the internet today, let's be real.

:lol: good point. Still, entirely omitting her dislike for men in the 90's anime was better than what Crystal did with it. By having her say "I don't trust men" and "We have no time to cry over for men" just so she can contradict herself and cry over Jadeite's corpse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

:vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :vanish: :yoshi:

No Porsche? Or did I miss it? :confused:

Star Angel Haruki wrote:
We'll be finally getting the Sailor Stars movie by then I suppose.

Hopefully. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:20 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Nah. She'd definitely be "that *****". Sailor Mars has always been fierce in her high heels and dynamic posses since the 90s. She's always ready to take charge and rush into battle (which is sometimes her downfall).

PGSM REI was really interesting. We explored her relationship with her father and I love how when she first appeared, she unapologetically made it clear that she was not trying to do any Sailor Senshi foolery and promptly dismissed Usagi and Ami from her presence.

I like her little clash episode with Mako as well. All around, PGSM REI is the best imo. She has do much to offer in the form of an interesting character. Bring second in command, I can see how her and Minako relationship kinda flowed in this adaptation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:49 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

No Porsche. :ohdear:

But there's a Ferrari. ^_^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaFerrari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

No Porsche. :ohdear:

But there's a Ferrari. ^_^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaFerrari

That model in the pic has got the feel of Sailor Mars - it should be her "Marsmobile" & featured in all Sailor Moon incarnations. :cool: And I think all the other Inners/Outers & Moon should have their own "[planet name]mobiles"/"Lunarmobile" too. :D

^ Perhaps Takeuchi could have her creative passion re-ignited to write a new Sailor Moon manga w/ that? :ohmy:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
PGSM REI is the best imo

I agree!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:43 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
And I think all the other Inners/Outers & Moon should have their own "[planet name]mobiles"/"Lunarmobile" too. :D

Where doing this
Where MAKING THIS HAPEN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'd seriously love a "Mario Kart" style Sailor Moon racing game featuring Moon Cycle karts. I mean, we've never had a Sailor Moon racing game before, right? Time to make one happen Bandai/Toei/Nintendo!

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:12 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Moon Cycle &, in general, Senshi motorbikes (hence making them something like "Sailor Riders" :cool: ) aren't bad, but I meant four-wheeled sport cars, which seem to be Takeuchi's personal interest. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:43 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Maybe someone could mod an existing sports car game to have Sailor Moon characters. I thought I heard of somebody changing the player character model in a Grand Theft Auto game to use a model of Mario. So just do that, but with those hideous models from that old DiC era program.

In all seriousness though, a Sailor Moon racing game could be fun. I'd be willing to try a lot of wacky genres. "Masato Sanjoin's Tennis" or something, or a SimTower type game set in Ginga TV.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:36 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'd like a Sailor Moon game that styled like Mario Party and one like Super Smash Bros from seasons or an updated RPG to play off of Crystal with Next-Gen graphics. They can just use the transformations from S1-2 since they fit right in anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
S3: Yes.
S1 & S2: No, it's actually overrated. It doesn't get all the hate it deserves.