It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

Do You Guys Think That Sailor Moon Crystal Is Underated
Poll ended at Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 am
.That You Guys Loved Sailor Moon Crystal 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
.That You Guys Think Sailor Moon Crystal Is Ok 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
.Or You Guys Despise Sailor Moon Crystal 26%  26%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Re: Is Sailor Moon Crystal Underated?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
C-17 wrote:
S3: Yes.
S1 & S2: No, it's actually overrated. It doesn't get all the hate it deserves.

Do you feel happy after humilliating S1 - 2 as well as it's fans?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:04 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
C-17 wrote:

What, because they have a different opinion from you? :| It’s not as if they are at all flaming the fans directly or are moving that anyone who likes the series is stupid for doing so, but simply insinuating that it shouldn’t be so well recieved considering the lack of effort put into the product. I fail to see how you can possibly feel “humiliated.” This is a discussion forum, after all, and people are going to have different opinions. Don’t stifle someone else’s input simply because you’re too sensitive and take it personally for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
flockapowpow wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:
C-17 wrote:

What, because they have a different opinion from you? :| It’s not as if they are at all flaming the fans directly or are moving that anyone who likes the series is stupid for doing so, but simply insinuating that it shouldn’t be so well recieved considering the lack of effort put into the product. I fail to see how you can possibly feel “humiliated.” This is a discussion forum, after all, and people are going to have different opinions. Don’t stifle someone else’s input simply because you’re too sensitive and take it personally for some reason.

If SMC1 - 2 was lacked of effort, what is SMC3 then?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
If SMC1 - 2 was lacked of effort, what is SMC3 then?

Ask the original person you quoted. In my opinion, the entirety of Crystal could have been treated better. I am equally impressed by season 2 and 3 of Crystal though for different reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:29 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Crystal Moon wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:04 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The first arc I think is rated about where it needs to be. I'm more forgiving than the average purist, and I thought the animation was rough. Did not like the changes to the story, or the pacing. The second arc was a huge improvement from both an animation perspective and a storytelling perspective. A few scenes were cut from the manga, but the pacing for the most part was consistent. The manga has fast pacing to begin with. I was happy with the second season finale. That was definitely a plus. Pluto's death scene was also handled quite well. Overall, I give the entire first part of Crystal [Arcs 1 and 2] a 7/10.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
I think it is underated its not the best ,but is still good . I enjoy the first , and second season still . Yes some things could been better (senshi x shitenou) . Still it was enjoyable . I think it depends if you like the manga or not . If your okay with the manga s pacing you proably like crystal more than others . If your not okay a, and you wanted them to flesh out and add things . Than your probably better off with the 90 s or PGSm.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:33 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Oh, and Crystal's OST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The classic OST. Minus the image themes. Huge improvement to the music in general.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Echelon9 wrote:
Oh, and Crystal's OST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The classic OST.

I respectfully disagree, as I could (and occasionally do) listen to Arisawa Takanori's score all day. Aside from a couple goofy pieces at least (mostly from the SuperS era). Crystal's music was very muted and mediocre and unmemorable, and the choir-y transformation music doesn't do much for me. I'd much rather listen to Gasshou Kumikyoku for Sailor Moon choir music.

Crystal doesn't have bad music though, it's just not very interesting. But I do like the Crystal image song 'I'm Going Down" and have mentioned it like 80 times probably, sorry. (Have I mentioned the '90s anime Dark Kingdom story-sequel game for the PC Engine exists, and lacks a full translation, in the past 24 hours yet?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I thought the first two seasons of Crystal had the best soundtrack of the reboot and I enjoyed it's more techno pop feeling to it, but other than the opening theme song and the first ending theme, the soundtrack to season three was kind of forgettable to me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:19 am 
Luna
Luna
Mitsukara wrote:
I respectfully disagree, as I could (and occasionally do) listen to Arisawa Takanori's score all day. Aside from a couple goofy pieces at least (mostly from the SuperS era). Crystal's music was very muted and mediocre and unmemorable, and the choir-y transformation music doesn't do much for me. I'd much rather listen to Gasshou Kumikyoku for Sailor Moon choir music.

Crystal doesn't have bad music though, it's just not very interesting. But I do like the Crystal image song 'I'm Going Down" and have mentioned it like 80 times probably, sorry. (Have I mentioned the '90s anime Dark Kingdom story-sequel game for the PC Engine exists, and lacks a full translation, in the past 24 hours yet?)

The original score sounds way too generic, repetitive, and cheesy for my taste. I felt that new soundtrack better captures the drama of the fight scenes, and the emotions and moods felt by the characters. Crystal has a much darker tone than the classic series, and I feel that the OST reflects this. I've listened to several of Yasuharu Takanashi's soundtracks, and the Crystal one is unique all on its own. But we'll have to agree to disagree.

I did omit the original character image songs, because those were top notch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Wouldn't be surprised if Crystal achieved cult status in 10-15 years from now. PGSM allegedly did.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:42 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Echelon9 wrote:
Crystal has a much darker tone than the classic series, and I feel that the OST reflects this.

I could see that. I think a few pieces of the original music suited dark scenes (like the violin music that plays in death scenes- "Yuugure Toki wa Youma no Yokan Part 4"- or the tense music that plays during the kind of late-season-1 fight scenes where stuff is going wrong, "Yuugure Toki wa Youma no Yokan part 6"), but a different aesthetic probably is in order for a different tone of story. And the manga was even more dark than crystal; I can't imagine the first anime's bouncy saxaphone comedy tunes fitting much of anywhere i the manga.

I do think it's good they made a new soundtrack, it's just that on my first pass none of it really grabbed me. But I can indeed agree to disagree; I mostly just wanted to stand up for the first soundtrack since I'm so fond of it, rather than being particularly opposed to Crystal's music.

Quote:
I did omit the original character image songs, because those were top notch.

Oh, absolutely! Route Venus, Yume Miru Dakeja Dame, Todokanu Omoi and so many others. I also absolutely love Sailor Star Song (the season 5 intro theme). So many good ones. That Gasshou Kamikokyu album I mentioned is basically a bunch of choir medley versions of the image songs from the '90s anime (plus the two songs from the PC Engine game), and a lot of it sounds amazing. I especially like their versions of "Ai no Energy o ubae" (in the "Pure Mind" track) and "Onaji Hoshi ni Umareta Futari Dakara"" (the last song in the finale, the ending theme from the PC Engine). They really scratch an itch in my Dark-Kingdom-fixated brain in the best way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
If we have to wait this long any way... Why didn't they take time to do SMC3 with better animation???
The rushed it, released DVDs with many mistakes and made us wait like this... :o :o :o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
For me no it isn't. I find it very boring.

Tuxedo Kamen was here