Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why Sailor Moon Crystal is awful!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:19 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Here's why I think Sailor Moon Crystal is awful.

The stupid Senshi x Shittenou subplot
They took away the humor in seasons 1 and 2
The God awful animation quality in all 3 seasons
The lack of personalities for all of the characters
Season 3's art style
There's no filler
The fact that it can't make up it's mind on what platforms to the air the series
The lack of info regarding new seasons
No side stories or Sailor V yet
The CGI transformations in seasons 1 and 2

Last edited by Neo Queen Serenity on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Why Sailor Moon Crystal is awful!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:39 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
Season 3's art style
There's no filler

Yeah. That's the one thing I miss. :sick:

Still S3 is the best season. It's like a breath of fresh morning mountain air compared to the lowly invested S1. ^_^

Last edited by rgveda99 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:04 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Another thing I don't like is waiting for the Supers and Stars for so long!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
the thing i hate the most is the lack of filler :(
others are animation and even character voices.While usagi's the same,everyone else is different and i'm not even used to the dubbed version much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Er- opinions are fine and all, and you're generally a nice person, but like, this seems a little strange... I thought you liked Crystal and didn't like it being bashed. :?

The Crystal haters are running rampant and having a field trolling people and ruining the show for people who actually enjoy it.

(from This thread last year.)

Did I accidentally zap you with some actual dark energy in The Time-Killing Paradise? If so, I apologize.

That said, as I've said at greater length elsewhere I've only seen season 1 (the Dark Kingdom arc) and I thought it was okay. I'd be open to the Senshi/Shitennou concept even though I am a much bigger fan of Naru/Nephrite (and Naru/Umino) and Zoisite/Kunzite, and I still like that "I'm Going Down" image song they made for it. But I don't think the explored the concept enough for it to be very good here, it needed more time and new events to develop it. I suspect the Live Action show benefitted from it's higher episode count for basically the same reason (despite lacking any of the above ships AFAIK), but I still need to see that too.

Overall, I'd say it's okay, but nothing really exciting one way or the other. (maybe because I didn't need to wait years in between finishing the original anime and trying Crystal.)

But I am 1000% onboard with a Codename Sailor V adaptation, they'd better do that this time or I'll be for-real mad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:36 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
The only thing I can think is that it tries to come to close to the original source which has debatable issues in writing and character development, the animation can take a bit to get used to. The transformations look terrible (only Moon's Chibi and Uranus look good) but I am glad they switched them up with Mars being the most different and okay to Jupiter being downright clunky looking.

The filler part would be fine if they just went ahead and adapted the side stories....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here's why I think Sailor Moon Crystal is awful.

The stupid Senshi x Shittenou subplot

Quote:
They took away the humor in seasons 1 and 2

Quote:
The God awful animation quality in all 3 seasons

Quote:
The lack of personalities for all of the characters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Once again, the mods are awful at actually moderating flame baiting topics -here AND in the general Sailor Moon forum.

but hey @Neo Queen Serenity, maybe you can actually message me about your frustrations with the show
and not about RANDOM and POINTLESS questions like you have before if you're this bored.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
SILVER wrote:
Once again, the mods are awful at actually moderating flame baiting topics -here AND in the general Sailor Moon forum.

Did she make a post taking a shot at Crystal fans? No. I have no clue why you think Neo queen Serenity posting a completely on topic thread is “flame baiting” don’t agree with her post? Post a rebuttal or counter argument instead of whining about people with different opinions as you as flame baiting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I hate Crystal as much as the next person, but this thread's title (even if it is, presumably, intentionally mirroring the title of a similar-ish thread) is needlessly incendiary. "Why I Think Crystal is Awful" or "What Do You Hate About Crystal?" or something along those lines would be better.

Plus, aren't there already similar threads on this subforum? Hasn't everything critical about Crystal already been said? Can't we wait until we at least get a premiere date for the first Dream arc movie before we rehash these complaints for the thousandth time?

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:27 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Well, we all have to keep ourselves entertained until Dream airs one of these years. I don't think these threads are too much harm. I think the only time I'd see a problem with threads like this is if folks are telling other fans their opinions are stupid or if it said Those who like Crystal have bad tastes or something like that. When folks start insulting each other over fantasy characters, things get bad. Lol

However, I guess there are a lot of Crystal hate threads but it could be that some folks are just bored and ready for some new content. All of this"free time" gives people time to really analyze the show. I've went from mixed feelings, to kinda thinking it's boring to rewatching it and thinking it's okay. It's not that bad at all but it could be a little better. I think a good thread someone did it once was what they wanted to see in the Dream Arc. I liked that one. Kinda gave us fresh new look on what we liked and hope makes it in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 pm 
Luna
Luna
Someone should write a In Defense of Crystal thread.

Not me. Someone who genuinely likes it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:53 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Oh my goodness gracious. Is it really necessary to make billionth thread to bash Crystal, just wording the title in a different way? Enough! We get it, you all hate Crystal. Go to one of the other 5 billion threads that bash Crystal and vent frustrations about the show there. I don't see why we need to make yet another thread about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:36 am 
Luna
Luna
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
SILVER wrote:

Did she make a post taking a shot at Crystal fans? No. I have no clue why you think Neo queen Serenity posting a completely on topic thread is “flame baiting” don’t agree with her post? Post a rebuttal or counter argument instead of whining about people with different opinions as you as flame baiting

Aren't you whining over MY opinion too?
You can be a hypocrite but don't try to look like you're taking the high ground.

The only "rebuttal" this kind of thread is encouraging is a negative one. And opinions are just fine -but the way that they are presented matters.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:01 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Yall need to take a chill pill

Yes Crystal like any version of sm has faults but fans have a right to enjoy it as much as they can choose not to watch
There's no need for flame threads and I will lock such threads on sight

Thread locked end of story

And if you have a beef with someone take it to the private messages

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]