Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

What's the Internet browser you are currently using?
Internet Explorer 31%  31%  [ 33 ]
Netscape 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mozilla 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Firefox 36%  36%  [ 39 ]
Opera 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Chrome 18%  18%  [ 20 ]
other 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 106
 Post subject: Internet Browsers
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:34 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
Another add for our off-topic forum ^_^

So, what's the Internet browser you're using?
Most importantly, if you have used a different one in the past, which left you most satisfied?

I'm seeing a lot of increase in popularity for Firefox, so I wonder if I'm missing out anything still staying with Internet Explorer, so let's see what you moonies prefer! :P

I don't know if there's a mistake on the list, browsers on the list are based on this site: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/default.asp

Post subject: Re: Internet Browsers
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 79 months ago
inactive
I use Firefox cause it's interface is nicer (at least to me) and there many useful addons! ^_^
The only other browsers that I've used before were IE and Chrome but I still prefer Firefox, mainly cause of what I said earlier.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 79 months ago
inactive
Since my service is provided by AOL I use that half the time (checking emails most of the time). It is terrible though :dead: slow and poor with loading. Some forums it wont let me log on so I need to use IE. I :love: IE it's best for videos,forums and everything else. I don't want to try Firefox though cuz if I dowload anything else on our computer it will go all slow on me. And I don't need anything else on my laptop.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 98 months ago
inactive
Internet Explorer currently, and I have had very few issues with it. I use Firefox on my school's computers and it's decent, but nothing to orgasm over, like I see most of my friends doing :confused:

Suburban Senshi: this ain't yer momma's canon.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
I picked other for kicks, even though I use Firefox.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
I'm using Opera and it has perfect mouse shortcut. Such as hold button 1 and click button 0 to back, hold button 0 and click button 0 to forward.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:26 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
Always had Internet Explorer and always will, at least if it continous to serve me this good. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Mamo-chan wrote:
Most importantly, if you have used a different one in the past, which left you most satisfied?

I used Netscape back when everybody had it... Tried to stay with it for a while into the 2000s, but it just didn't keep up with the times.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 99 months ago
inactive
I used to use Internet Explorer, because that was the only web browser I was familiar with and was available on all the computers I've used since high school. I do remember, however, using Netscape on some of the computers back in middle school and high school.

These days, I use Firefox. It's way better than Internet Explorer, because it renders html and css code better than Internet Explorer. So naturally, that's the web browser that I work with in my web design classes.

I had never heard of Opera or Safari until I had taken my first web coding class the previous year. Of course, Google's Chrome just came out. I've yet to use them to see what they're like.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 74 months ago
inactive
Firefox

Surrender to your Fate !!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 56 months ago
inactive
I use Firefox as well. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:18 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 84 months ago
inactive
Internet explorer for three years now.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
I use internet explorer, and safari on my ipod touch. I use the Nintendo browser on my DSi too.

I was going to be a firefox user, but I had it and then suffered hard drive failure and so I never really got to use it. I lost everything.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
Firefox :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 63 months ago
inactive
Rosen wrote:
I used Netscape back when everybody had it... Tried to stay with it for a while into the 2000s, but it just didn't keep up with the times.

Yeah, it was becoming a little outdated, and around 2006, maybe 2007, I switched from Netscape browsers onto Firefox and stayed with it. I don't use IE if I can ever help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
Firefox at home :). School's is IE. It's not too bad but there aren't ANY addonds or anything :confused:.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 pm 
inactive
Most of the time I use Firefox - I'm really attached to my add ons.

At uni I use IE if I don't have my USB but if I do then I use Firefox Portable. Because for some WEIRD REASON the IT guys at uni have disabled tabs in IE.

I use Chrome rather regularly but it's not going to take over as my main browser, it doesn't have any RSS reader thing. It's faster than Firefox though.

I don't use IE if I can help it. I only use it if the site I'm on only works with IE.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mozilla IS firefox, I thought?

I switched to Firefox, sighting an urge to rid myself of common spyware and hijacks, and I havent looked back since. It runs as fast, or faster, than IE, and Ad Block Pro works GREAT for it.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
Internet Explorer. Now that it has tabs I don't really see much fire fox has up on it. I like fire fox...but last time I used it it didn't fully support CSS on scroll bars....so that's a big thing to me when I'm designing a website and can't see it the way it should be viewed... :dead:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:23 am 
inactive
I used Lolifox once, it is just another version of Firefox.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:56 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No offence to anyone using Firefox, but I think that most (if not all) of its popularity comes not from any of its functions or features, but solely due to crazy promotional campaigns and attitude of people who were captured by slogans like let's stop Bill Geits from conquering the world and what not. I think that the best comparison to the whole Firefox marketing campaign is what Mecca Cola World Company is doing with their so-called "Mecca Cola" (the only notable difference is, though, that creators of Mecca Cola do not deny that their drink is essentially the same). Majority of Firefox users do not even notice that they drink the same cola with "Coca" replaced by "Mecca" and marketed as something different, imagining that they help "good guys" to fight the Satan and his empire (aka Microsoft), preventing distibution of viruses across the web, saving kids dying from hunger in Africa, and whatever else they say in their Firefox slogans.

As to me, such silly promotional campaigns and attitude of people promoting Firefox more than anything averted me from ever using it. At least I never saw IE "brainwashed" website owners blocking access to their websites on intention if you are using Firefox and giving you a huge message across the screen that you should install IE instead and then only they will allow you to proceed; or not blocking access completely, but showing you huge banners suggesting that you are brainwashed and if you won't install IE right now, WWIII will start tomorrow. But I saw a lot of websites both blocking access or showing huge messages taking half of screen upon detecting IE and removing blocks/banners only when and if you install Firefox (a typical example is sailormoon.org - try browsing it using IE and Firefox, and you'll see the difference, and there are thousands of other websites like that :roll: )

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:46 am 
inactive
@ Mara - I downloaded Firefox before I was a computer nerd-type person, and before all those campaigns happened. I got it because my friend and my dad's computer magazine were raving about it. I haven't really looked back at IE since, I like my add ons and things too much. Chrome is my second browser because it's faster (both with browsing and starting up) than both IE and Firefox. I don't hate IE 'just because' I hate it because it annoys me. Except it looks better against Vista when it's not maximised.

Last edited by Osaka Narurin on Tue May 05, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:51 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 90 months ago
inactive
I only use Firefox because it works faster on my computer and it's easier for me to use. ^^; I never cared for all the ads, etc. I just use it because it works best for me. I still use IE for my extra DA and SA accounts, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:01 am 
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
No offence to anyone using Firefox, but I think that most (if not all) of its popularity comes not from any of its functions or features, but solely due to crazy promotional campaigns and attitude of people who were captured by slogans like let's stop Bill Geits from conquering the world and what not. I think that the best comparison to the whole Firefox marketing campaign is what Mecca Cola World Company is doing with their so-called "Mecca Cola" (the only notable difference is, though, that creators of Mecca Cola do not deny that their drink is essentially the same). Majority of Firefox users do not even notice that they drink the same cola with "Coca" replaced by "Mecca" and marketed as something different, imagining that they help "good guys" to fight the Satan and his empire (aka Microsoft), preventing distibution of viruses across the web, saving kids dying from hunger in Africa, and whatever else they say in their Firefox slogans.

As to me, such silly promotional campaigns and attitude of people promoting Firefox more than anything averted me from ever using it. At least I never saw IE "brainwashed" website owners blocking access to their websites on intention if you are using Firefox and giving you a huge message across the screen that you should install IE instead and then only they will allow you to proceed; or not blocking access completely, but showing you huge banners suggesting that you are brainwashed and if you won't install IE right now, WWIII will start tomorrow. But I saw a lot of websites both blocking access or showing huge messages taking half of screen upon detecting IE and removing blocks/banners only when and if you install Firefox (a typical example is sailormoon.org - try browsing it using IE and Firefox, and you'll see the difference, and there are thousands of other websites like that :roll: )

I agree with you, Mozilla campaign pissed me lately. It seems almost every sites have "Best viewed using Mozilla Firefox."
For sailormoon.org, I don't see the Mozilla campaign when browse it using Opera. I guessed they hate Microsoft very much.

If you compare the features between browsers, you can see that Opera is browser with most features. Mozilla itself has many plugins and that is still not good enough compared with Opera. The negative side from Opera is, it consumed a lot of your RAM compared with other browser, sometime up to 300 MB RAM only for opera.exe process.
I admit that the worse browser is Microsoft IE or now it's known as Windows Internet Explorer. Why? Because my bandwidth can't be used optimally by IE and the embedded download manager failed so many times resulting in corrupted downloaded files.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 57 months ago
inactive
Internet Explorer works fine for me. :keke: I like it's name also! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
I'm using Internet Explorer only because I can't seem to keep logged in here with Firefox.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I was using Netscape... Then Mozilla... It died (with all stuff - mail and so on)... (some rude words)... So, I decided to set up Mozilla Firefox... (I choosed a "Mozilla" option, because Firefox = Mozilla almost = Netscape (Mozilla is the Netscape branche))...
I don't watch adds (only for once, cause I'm using add block plus), so I slightly know about those promotional campaigns... As for IE... It's really sux (IMHO)... So much holes in it... And a lots of adds are using those holes... So, that is why I've choosed Mozilla... It's much more holeless...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:40 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
RAMMAR wrote:
I don't watch adds (only for once, cause I'm using add block plus), so I slightly know about those promotional campaigns...

Well, Firefox users won't see them even without ad blocking, since they are intended only for those of us who were not enlightened by the blessing Firefox is. Here is how it looks like. And you have to choose: either download Firefox, or quit site for good, since the script added to website code won't allow you to proceed. When I stumbled upon a couple of websites pushing ultimatums on me like that I swore that I will never in my life click that "Click here to download Firefox. It's free" link :x

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 95 months ago
inactive
Internet Explorer

YaY were in the lead

the lolifox girl is cuuute!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:04 am 
inactive
I guessed Opera is not very popular here.