Overall, I wouldn't mind them using some of the same voice actors, but certainly not all of them.Characters I Would Recast:Sailor Mercury
- If they could keep one, it would have to be Karen Bernstein, but she's long retired, so I'm not getting my hopes up (though she did recently mention that she hasn't totally "closed the door" on doing more voice acting in the future). Liza Balkan (as I have mentioned MANY times before and I will continue to mention more) was nothing short of a complete disaster for the character. That woman should never get behind a voice acting mike ever again if she knows what's good for her. Fortunately, that seems to be the case, as Sailor Mercury is the ONLY role attached to her name... I feel bad for Amy, but that's probably a good thing.Sailor Pluto
- Oh god. Sabrina Gredvich WARPED that character into a generic ditzy Pink Power Ranger. It was awful. I fear for her safety with her name being attached to the infamous PLUTO DEADLY SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan Aceron was much better, but still no cigar. Molly/Naru
- I'm sorry, but 12-year old girls don't sound like adged, chain-smoking Harley Quinns. To be fair, it's probably the director's fault for the accent, but I still cannot imagine that woman's voice possibly working for that character even without it. You'd be surprised. Mary Long's natural voice isn't too far away from her Molly's. She's a good VA, but she was just the wrong choice. Laurie
- Oh god, do I even need to go there?Characters whose voices I would keep:Sailor Moon
- I think all 3 of her voices could be given a second chance if given the opportunity. They all worked in different ways. They just need to stick with one voice throughout the series.Sailor Mars
- I always loved Katie Griffin's voice for Sailor Mars. I cannot imagine anyone else voicing my Red Hot Fireball. Seriously, her voice was absolute perfection (except in Movie 1, but everyone sucked in that movie, so I'll give her a break). It was sweet enough, yet could sound very bitchy and condescending if necessary. She also sounded very empowered for her battle scenes. Emile Barlow was a decent substitute, but I thought she sounded a little loud-mouthed and obnoxious for my tastes. One thing I always liked about Griffin was her soft-spoken, subtle speaking voice. Barlow just couldn't pull it off, however...Sailor Venus
- I would totally keep Emile Barlow as Venus. She sounded energetic, dramatic, and caring at the same time, while having great acting and charicterization. None of that I can say for Stephanie Morgenstern, who sounded FAR too mature for Minako. Sailor Jupiter
- Seriously, Susan Roman IS Mako! Tuxedo Mask
- Vince Corazza was really good... just don't let Toby Proctor come within 100 feet of him again.Sailor Mini-Moon
- Stephanie Beard sounded so cute as Rini/Chibi-Usa! She almost made me... like
the character! Her acting needed a little polishing, but other than that, I thought she was a perfect voice for the character. Tracy Hoyt was just annoying as all hell...Luna
- The accent never bothered me. I thought it worked great for the character. It was unique. She sounded intelligent and hilarious at the same time. Her only moments of fail were her crying scenes in Movie 2, and when she transformed into a human, but a little spit and polish could fix the former, and the casting of seperate actress could fix the latter. Artemis
- Quite possibly the best voice in the whole English dub.Diana
- Loretta Jafelice sounded SO CUTE
as the little kitty-monster!
Naomi Emmerson... she got on my nerves from time-to-time, but she was decent enough.