Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

How's thing?
Both are lesbians. 61%  61%  [ 70 ]
Michiru is bisexual. 31%  31%  [ 36 ]
Haruka is bisexual. 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
They're both bisexuals. 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 114
 Post subject: Re: Are Haruka and Michiru both lesbians?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:55 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Okay, C-17, I totally understand. And I'm that way on the old fashioned part too, hence why I don't like to go into deep detail about my own personal life here either.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:50 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ishtar wrote:
But isn't Michiru in a physical relationship with Haruka, too? I can understand as I found some masculine traits in women attractive, but I did not become attracted to the point I would want to kiss them.

The dudes who liked you were attracted to your extreme vulnerability and feminine side, it reminded them of a woman, but I think they would not enter in a physical relationship with you.

About the really masculine guys liking you, that's interesting. I act pretty "feminine" but only feminine guys like me... strange. Maybe I'm a lesbian? (JK :lol:)

are any of those feminine guy pretty like Zoisite. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Sailor Swifty wrote:
Ishtar wrote:
But isn't Michiru in a physical relationship with Haruka, too? I can understand as I found some masculine traits in women attractive, but I did not become attracted to the point I would want to kiss them.

The dudes who liked you were attracted to your extreme vulnerability and feminine side, it reminded them of a woman, but I think they would not enter in a physical relationship with you.

About the really masculine guys liking you, that's interesting. I act pretty "feminine" but only feminine guys like me... strange. Maybe I'm a lesbian? (JK :lol:)

are any of those feminine guy pretty like Zoisite. :lol:

Zoisite looks like Adonis, the men are I'm talking about look soft and sweet (with Moon faces), not sculpted with fine, long faces.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:39 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
C-17 wrote:
About beauty: yes, people's reaction to beauty is, at times, frustrating and sad. I have seen, rather cool and nice, girls became obsessive, competitive, violent, cruel witches, because of their infatuation with a beautiful guy; I have seen boys losing their entire dignity for a stunning girl.

Oh, I know. *sigh*

C-17 wrote:
I won't be a hypocrite: I also like beauty, and I like admiring other people's prettyness, but I do not obsess on it.

Yeah. I do notice pretty people, too, but sometimes I think I notice it in a different way from others, or at least differently from the way many guys seem to notice it. From the way they talk, the frist thing that goes through everybody's heads is "I'd like to ☹ him/her". What I get is "she's pretty". And that's (mostly) that. Usually when I see a pretty or cute girl I don't feel like taking them to my bed anyway, it's like tainting their cuteness. :innocent: :lol:

C-17 wrote:
I don't even consider beauty as a virtue, since it's not even something you achieve by yourself: you are just born with a certain complexion, that could be considered pretty or not; that's really it, it is not even something you obtain through any kind of effort, or sacrifice... it's basically up to your DNA really :P

I've been thinking about this a lot, since I think I'm a rather plain looking girl, but when I put on my makeup certain guys can't seem to control themselves. I do think that being able to apply makeup skillfully is a talent of a sorts and I respect people who are also able to convey their personality through makeup while using it to enhance their looks. So I do think that beauty can be achievable in one, though shallow and one-dimensional way. After all, it's the structure of your face that makes up the base for your real beauty, adding some colour only serves to upstage and contrast. ^_^

C-17 wrote:
And about people obsessing with a certain public person, only because of its image... yeah, it's a very frequent thing. It actually happens a lot in music: if the vocalist of whatever band is attractive, it will most likely have a lot of fans, despite of the quality of the music.
I once had a "personality crush", on a guy that was anything BUT pretty XD ; he was kinda chubby, not really tall, had a big nose... he didn't had anything I'd normally consider as "attractive", but he was SO COOL:he was smart, gentle, funny, humble, friendly... he was kinda perfect :P
His personality was so amazing that, after some months, he became "pretty" in my eyes. He had a girlfriend anyways and I am VERY respectful of such things, so he never knew about my admiration for him. But in my head, I was like: "if he was single, I'd like to be with such a guy". When I first met him, I didn't really paid attention to him, because his physical aspect didn't caused a big impression on me, but after a while, I realized he was great.

Oh, I've had plenty of personality crushes to (male) celebs, which I think is very awkward because it's only their public image I know of, not their real personalities. ^_^'

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usapon wrote:
C-17 wrote:
And about people obsessing with a certain public person, only because of its image... yeah, it's a very frequent thing. It actually happens a lot in music: if the vocalist of whatever band is attractive, it will most likely have a lot of fans, despite of the quality of the music.
I once had a "personality crush", on a guy that was anything BUT pretty XD ; he was kinda chubby, not really tall, had a big nose... he didn't had anything I'd normally consider as "attractive", but he was SO COOL:he was smart, gentle, funny, humble, friendly... he was kinda perfect :P
His personality was so amazing that, after some months, he became "pretty" in my eyes. He had a girlfriend anyways and I am VERY respectful of such things, so he never knew about my admiration for him. But in my head, I was like: "if he was single, I'd like to be with such a guy". When I first met him, I didn't really paid attention to him, because his physical aspect didn't caused a big impression on me, but after a while, I realized he was great.

Oh, I've had plenty of personality crushes to (male) celebs, which I think is very awkward because it's only their public image I know of, not their real personalities. ^_^'

They're just artists working in the entertainment industry, & aren't supposed to be liked by their real personalities - in fact, many of them don't wanna show their real personalities (whether good, bad, or neither) to the public. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:41 am 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
C-17 wrote:

They're just artists working in the entertainment industry, & aren't supposed to be liked by their real personalities - in fact, many of them don't wanna show their real personalities (whether good, bad, or neither) to the public. :)

I know, but it still bothers me. I find it awkward, kind of stupid and ignorant to fall for a person without actually knowing him/her.

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:

I know, but it still bothers me. I find it awkward, kind of stupid and ignorant to fall for a person without actually knowing him/her.

Obsession is always a bad thing, whether it's on people you personally know, or on artists working in the entertainment industry who essentially are "acting" in public (even tho some of such "actings" might happen to be similar or even identical to their real personalities). :wink:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Obsession is always a bad thing, whether it's on people you personally know, or on artists working in the entertainment industry who essentially are "acting" in public (even tho some of such "actings" might happen to be similar or even identical to their real personalities). :wink:

Stalkers :P

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:02 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:

Stalkers :P

Exactly. :) And it's not just about the stupidity & ignorance of the obsessive fan, but their behaviors could even cause troubles to the artists concerned - from minor nuisances to even tragedies. :ninja:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:43 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Exactly. :) And it's not just about the stupidity & ignorance of the obsessive fan, but their behaviors could even cause troubles to the artists concerned - from minor nuisances to even tragedies. :ninja:

Steven Spielberg had a stalker who was prepared to rape him.

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:56 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I must be living beneath a stone - haven't heard about that. ^_^' But yeah, those people can be very, very creepy. :|

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:52 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I must be living beneath a stone - haven't heard about that. ^_^'

Oh, that happened in the 90s.

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
But yeah, those people can be very, very creepy. :|

Indeed. He had clipped naked male models' pictures off magazines and glued Spielberg's face to them.

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Indeed. He had clipped naked male models' pictures off magazines and glued Spielberg's face to them.

Reminding me of some photoshopped pics of the PGSM Senshi actresses' faces w/ some AV actresses' bodies, floating on the net back then. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:06 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Reminding me of some photoshopped pics of the PGSM Senshi actresses' faces w/ some AV actresses' bodies, floating on the net back then. :P

"That's not Ayaka, her breasts aren't that big"

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:

"That's not Ayaka, her breasts aren't that big"

Well, proportionally speaking her breasts are big, as she's tiny. Now if Keiko were seen to have huge boobs, that'd be very, very questionable. P-:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:53 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usapon:
I agree on considering makeup skills as a talent, and I also think you can portray your own personality through it. My best friend is a proffesional makeup artist, and she taught me a lot on the matter. At first I was really bad at applying makeup, but while watching her do her stuff I learnt a lot.
Now I wear makeup almost on a daily basis, and I certainly noticed that some colours and techniques fit my face and personality, and some others don't. With years, I discovered that golden, bright, light, pastel and light colors don't represent me at all. On the other hand, silver, dark, opaque and metalized colors really nail my essence. Colors like: black (absence of color actually, I know) magenta, dark green, oil-blue, violet and silver match my face and personality very well, and whenever I wear such shadows in my eyes (I don't wear lipstick, looks bad on me) I feel very... "myself", like I'm reinforcing what I already am.
I don't, however, that makeup makes people pretty, I think it just exaltates some aspects of you (whether physical or psychological), but I don't think it can give you beauty. So if those guys went kinda crazy for you when you had makeup, it's probably because you are already pretty without makeup (even if you don't see yourself that way). Maybe those guys reacted differently when you had makeup on, because some dudes assume that, whenever you take care of your look or try to have a cool image, it's because you're trying to seduce and flirt with them. I know it's kind of a dumb thing, but males tend to think: "If she cares about her look, she wants our attention", maybe that's why they were a little "sillier" towards you; they might have thought that by wearing makeup you were allowing, and expecting them to be like that.
Sure, sometimes you can wear some makeup for seduction's sake, but I think most of the time you just do it for yourself (at least I usually do it for me, not for the rest).
About the celebrity crushes... I usually feel the same way!! Hahahaha... XD ... some years ago, I kinda fell for an actor, because I felt a big attraction towards one of his roles. And I honestly felt stupid :P ... I mean: I knew nothing about him, I was only attracted by, what I imagined, he apparently was, based on a fictional character played by him, I thought it was a very shallow kind of infatuation, and I felt like a very superficial person XD .
And oh my goth, that Spielberg story gave me the creeps :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 am 
inactive
C-17 wrote:
Usapon:
I agree on considering makeup skills as a talent, and I also think you can portray your own personality through it. My best friend is a proffesional makeup artist, and she taught me a lot on the matter. At first I was really bad at applying makeup, but while watching her do her stuff I learnt a lot.
Now I wear makeup almost on a daily basis, and I certainly noticed that some colours and techniques fit my face and personality, and some others don't.

Me too. It's kind of annoying because my mom keeps saying that a champagne eyeshadow looks good on me, but I think it's terribly boring. :P I'd rather wear a more dramatic black. (I don't use eyeshadow on a daily basis tho, and I take my mother's advice when I go out with some on.) I just think that dark colours are more me, and I am a dark brunette with brown eyes, after all. :(

C-17 wrote:
I don't, however, that makeup makes people pretty, I think it just exaltates some aspects of you (whether physical or psychological), but I don't think it can give you beauty. So if those guys went kinda crazy for you when you had makeup, it's probably because you are already pretty without makeup (even if you don't see yourself that way).

Oh, thank you. ^_^' :blush: Why, yes, I suppose so. I have been told that I'm a pretty girl and that my face is symmetric. (I probably stopped believing it at some point. When you get compliments like that all the time, they kind of lose their meaning. Sound unthankful, but that's how it is.)

I do think that girls who get depressed because "I only look good with makeup on" are stressing for nothing. Makeup kind of highlights different parts of your face and takes the attention away from others (or completely conceals some), so it's ultimately your face structure and symmetry that makes you pretty, not the colour and lines you splash on your face.

C-17 wrote:
Maybe those guys reacted differently when you had makeup on, because some dudes assume that, whenever you take care of your look or try to have a cool image, it's because you're trying to seduce and flirt with them. I know it's kind of a dumb thing, but males tend to think: "If she cares about her look, she wants our attention", maybe that's why they were a little "sillier" towards you; they might have thought that by wearing makeup you were allowing, and expecting them to be like that.

... :eeklez: Gosh. Thank you, now I know a bit more. ^_^'

C-17 wrote:
Sure, sometimes you can wear some makeup for seduction's sake, but I think most of the time you just do it for yourself (at least I usually do it for me, not for the rest).

Exactly. I paint my lips and draw a black line above my lashes because I feel that it gives certain drama to my appearance, and that's what I want. (I'm an aspiring actress and practically raised in theatre. :P )

C-17 wrote:
About the celebrity crushes... I usually feel the same way!! Hahahaha... XD ... some years ago, I kinda fell for an actor, because I felt a big attraction towards one of his roles. And I honestly felt stupid :P ... I mean: I knew nothing about him, I was only attracted by, what I imagined, he apparently was, based on a fictional character played by him, I thought it was a very shallow kind of infatuation, and I felt like a very superficial person XD

Oh, exactly! That's how I always feel! XD

C-17 wrote:
And oh my goth, that Spielberg story gave me the creeps :P

I know. It's really horrible. He was very startled, of course. It's a good thing he never reached Spielberg's house. (I think that his prison sentence is going to end in a few years, though...) Makes me feel a bit protective about Spielberg. :P

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
[Re: The makeup thing mentioned in the preceding posts] Another reason for wearing makeups is that it's a job/professional requirement, whether it's explicitly stated in the staff rules, or a commonly understood basic manner of respect in the work environments concerned, not to mention those working in the entertainment industry. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Usapon:
You can trust me: guys are very silly at times... :P . I was talking with a friend some years ago, and he said exactly that to me; he said that when girls start wearing makeup and takes care of her image, it's because they: "quieren guerra" (that's a slang expression in Argentina, that translates literally as "they want war", and it refers to one's person desire to have sex, it is usually used to describe women's desire in particular, but could be used for men as well, it's a rather vulgar term anyhow).
At that time, I thought he was the only guy dumb enough to come up with such a thing (he was a good person, but his ideas regarding women were rather depressing ), but after a while, I realized that, in fact, many other guys seemed to share his thoughts on the matter :P . Nowadays, I have to restrain myself from wearing clothings that could produce any type of sex appeal, if I want to be fully respected, since the comments and reactions from men on the street can get really disgusting. Is like they think: "well, if you look like that, it's because you want this to happen, you can't complain" ... -_- ... have you ever heard the song "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots? well, some guys are a bit like that (thankfully not all, of course, but some).
And you're an actress!! that's really cool :D , I also love to express myself through art. Actually, I consider myself an artist, even though I'm not "professional", since I don't get paid for it (I received an offer for some of my drawings, but I rejected it, and gave away the pieces for free; I know it sounds stupid, but to me, art is kinda sacred, and I didn't even needed the money back then, so I felt it was pointless to sell such personal works, I thought that giving them as a gift was a better option). Drawing, painting, making digital photography and singing are, almost, sacred things to me. I don't believe in any religious/mystic/esoteric/spiritual kind of ideas, but I do think that art is the closest thing to any sort of "magic", that we, humans have.
Life, as it is, is something that no one can really bare, reality is usually too hard. We need something else to tolerate our own existence, something deeper, higher, brighter. Some people devote to religion, I'm devoted to art, and I think is, after love, the most amazing thing about humanity.
Acting, painting, singing... it's all about introspection and communication, about pure honestly and also falsification: because art is a lie, a construction, is not real. But it comes from reality.
Sorry if I get annoying but I love art, after my beloved ones, is the thing I care about the most in life, so forgive me if I go too off-topic (Michiru plays violin, she's an artist, so it's kinda on topic :P ).
Now, about makeup, I love drama in it!! my style is kinda gothic so my makeup is usually very dramatic (because that's basically the way I am anyways XD ). On last christmas, I drew some spider-webs in my eyes with black eyeliner, it looked very "halloween-esque", but my family got used to my personality already so nobody gave a ☹ :P (is like: "oh, he drew black scars on his eyes again, whatever" XD , they don't even think it's weird anymore :P ).
I normally don't make such elaborate designs because the take a lot of time, but even on the school, I used to wear very dramatic colors, and overly artistic techniques. That's why I was perceived many times as a superficial person. People tend to think I care about image more than what I actually do. I do not associate my taste for fashion and makeup with vanity, but rather with my artistic inclinations. I like to put some "magic" in my appearance, a little of creativity.
Whenever an artist draws a character, provides his creation with specific colors, clothes, and physical features to match that character's personality. If I can do that with myself, why not doing it? I like to adjust my external look in order to match my inner being. Reality can be boring, I like to put some "unrealness" to my daily life, so I can feel comfortable.
So I think it's a lovely thing that you act <3 .
Rika-Chicchi:
That's true, for females, it is usually implied that in many occupations, they are expected to wear some makeup (easy makeup that is, if they wear to draw thorns on their eyes like I do, they'd probably get the boot) :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
C-17 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi:
That's true, for females, it is usually implied that in many occupations, they are expected to wear some makeup (easy makeup that is, if they wear to draw thorns on their eyes like I do, they'd probably get the boot) :P

I just find it weird that over here even aging women doing janitor works in restaurants are also required to wear makeups (some even dunno how to do it, & have to let the waitresses help them). XD

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:25 pm 
inactive
C-17 wrote:
Usapon:
You can trust me: guys are very silly at times... :P . I was talking with a friend some years ago, and he said exactly that to me; he said that when girls start wearing makeup and takes care of her image, it's because they: "quieren guerra" (that's a slang expression in Argentina, that translates literally as "they want war", and it refers to one's person desire to have sex, it is usually used to describe women's desire in particular, but could be used for men as well, it's a rather vulgar term anyhow).
At that time, I thought he was the only guy dumb enough to come up with such a thing (he was a good person, but his ideas regarding women were rather depressing ), but after a while, I realized that, in fact, many other guys seemed to share his thoughts on the matter :P . Nowadays, I have to restrain myself from wearing clothings that could produce any type of sex appeal, if I want to be fully respected, since the comments and reactions from men on the street can get really disgusting. Is like they think: "well, if you look like that, it's because you want this to happen, you can't complain" ... -_- ... have you ever heard the song "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots? well, some guys are a bit like that (thankfully not all, of course, but some).

Okay. Ooooh-kay

That's sad, just sayin'

C-17 wrote:
And you're an actress!! that's really cool :D

Oh, not quite yet. ^_^' My family has been a kind of theatre-oriented one and I'd really want to become an actress (actually I've kind of set my goals there, so that's what I will become), but I'm still in high school and haven't really participated in "making of" theatre yet. (There are going to be auditions for a small local theatre in the autumn, though, and I'm going to try my luck.)

C-17 wrote:
I also love to express myself through art. Actually, I consider myself an artist, even though I'm not "professional", since I don't get paid for it (I received an offer for some of my drawings, but I rejected it, and gave away the pieces for free; I know it sounds stupid, but to me, art is kinda sacred, and I didn't even needed the money back then, so I felt it was pointless to sell such personal works, I thought that giving them as a gift was a better option). Drawing, painting, making digital photography and singing are, almost, sacred things to me. I don't believe in any religious/mystic/esoteric/spiritual kind of ideas, but I do think that art is the closest thing to any sort of "magic", that we, humans have.

Oh, yes. Art is like life to me, too. I dream of being able to support myself by producing my own art. There really is a philosophical dimension to it. ^_^

C-17 wrote:
Life, as it is, is something that no one can really bare, reality is usually too hard. We need something else to tolerate our own existence, something deeper, higher, brighter. Some people devote to religion, I'm devoted to art, and I think is, after love, the most amazing thing about humanity.
Acting, painting, singing... it's all about introspection and communication, about pure honestly and also falsification: because art is a lie, a construction, is not real. But it comes from reality.

Art is a lie, but it's a very beautiful lie and we should all believe it.

C-17 wrote:
Sorry if I get annoying but I love art, after my beloved ones, is the thing I care about the most in life, so forgive me if I go too off-topic (Michiru plays violin, she's an artist, so it's kinda on topic :P ).

I think we're still fine :P

C-17 wrote:
Now, about makeup, I love drama in it!! my style is kinda gothic so my makeup is usually very dramatic (because that's basically the way I am anyways XD ). On last christmas, I drew some spider-webs in my eyes with black eyeliner, it looked very "halloween-esque", but my family got used to my personality already so nobody gave a ☹ :P (is like: "oh, he drew black scars on his eyes again, whatever" XD , they don't even think it's weird anymore :P ).

:eeklez: Nice.

C-17 wrote:
I normally don't make such elaborate designs because the take a lot of time, but even on the school, I used to wear very dramatic colors, and overly artistic techniques. That's why I was perceived many times as a superficial person. People tend to think I care about image more than what I actually do. I do not associate my taste for fashion and makeup with vanity, but rather with my artistic inclinations. I like to put some "magic" in my appearance, a little of creativity.
Exactly! And that's sad, really, people thinking always of such negative things... it's sad how it seems to be so hard for people to just respect each others and treat others with respect. Seriously.

C-17 wrote:
Whenever an artist draws a character, provides his creation with specific colors, clothes, and physical features to match that character's personality. If I can do that with myself, why not doing it? I like to adjust my external look in order to match my inner being. Reality can be boring, I like to put some "unrealness" to my daily life, so I can feel comfortable.
So I think it's a lovely thing that you act <3 .

:o Theatre has been in my life since childhood. When I was a child, I couldn't understand why everybody else seemed to prefer movies. I thought they were just recorded theatre and where's the dazzle in that? (Now I have of course learned to appreciate film, too. :P )

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
C-17 wrote:

Oh, not quite yet. ^_^' My family has been a kind of theatre-oriented one and I'd really want to become an actress (actually I've kind of set my goals there, so that's what I will become), but I'm still in high school and haven't really participated in "making of" theatre yet. (There are going to be auditions for a small local theatre in the autumn, though, and I'm going to try my luck.)

Good luck! :keke:

Quote:
:o Theatre has been in my life since childhood. When I was a child, I couldn't understand why everybody else seemed to prefer movies. I thought they were just recorded theatre and where's the dazzle in that? (Now I have of course learned to appreciate film, too. :P )

In theatrical performances, you've got realtime, direct interactions between the actors & the audience in the very same spacetime, which's not the case in movies. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Usapon:
Well, even if you're not an actress yet, I think is still lovely that you are focused on such an artistic activity! . I have never seen an actual play (I'm more of a concert person), but is one of the things I want to do eventually, since I'm very theatrical myself (actually, last time I bought makeup, I got told I should went to a theatrical makeup store, for actors, since the colors I used weren't usually available for general public :P ).
I've always been interested in the dramatic nature of theatre (I'm very into opera, which holds a strong tie to theatre plays actually). One of my favorite bands is even called "Theatre Of Tragedy", that says it all... XD ... even in their booklets, the lyrics were written as the dialogues in a play, I loved that :D .
And I wish you good luck on the auditions! I hope you get the coolest role ;-)
Rika-Chicchi:
That's indeed weird and kinda hilarious... XD . In here, works are usually not that strict regarding women's appearance. It depends on many things anyways, for example: female doctors, and teachers aren't expected to wear makeup while working, and I think they are expected not to wear any (teachers kinda always do anyways) :P . On the other hand, women working as receptionist, or assistants, or waitress are kinda always supposed to look pretty and wear makeup.
It also depends on the zone I guess. If you go to the southern part of Buenos Aires, those image rules aren't strict and the only women wearing makeup are the ones who feel like doing it. But if you go to the center of the capital, were people have higher economical position, image is more important, and yes, I think all women are supposed to look as fancy as they can; wouldn't know if old women would be told to wear makeup, because in such places, older people are usually not hired at all .That's a shame I know, but fancier places tend to be very superficial and discriminative; this could change however, since there is this law project about incorporating older people to the working system (I hope it gets approved ) =^_^=

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:26 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
C-17 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi:
That's indeed weird and kinda hilarious... XD . In here, works are usually not that strict regarding women's appearance. It depends on many things anyways, for example: female doctors, and teachers aren't expected to wear makeup while working, and I think they are expected not to wear any (teachers kinda always do anyways) :P . On the other hand, women working as receptionist, or assistants, or waitress are kinda always supposed to look pretty and wear makeup.
It also depends on the zone I guess. If you go to the southern part of Buenos Aires, those image rules aren't strict and the only women wearing makeup are the ones who feel like doing it. But if you go to the center of the capital, were people have higher economical position, image is more important, and yes, I think all women are supposed to look as fancy as they can; wouldn't know if old women would be told to wear makeup, because in such places, older people are usually not hired at all .That's a shame I know, but fancier places tend to be very superficial and discriminative; this could change however, since there is this law project about incorporating older people to the working system (I hope it gets approved ) =^_^=

Yup, it's the anti-age-discrimination laws, which aren't only for social justice nowadays, but also for the economic need in reality as the population is aging & the working force shrinking. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
C-17 wrote:

Good luck! :keke:

Thanks! :cookie:

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Quote:

In theatrical performances, you've got realtime, direct interactions between the actors & the audience in the very same spacetime, which's not the case in movies. :)

Yeah. I've actually been studying the differences between cinema and theatre a bit. It's fun and really interesting.

C-17 wrote:
Usapon:
Well, even if you're not an actress yet, I think is still lovely that you are focused on such an artistic activity! . I have never seen an actual play (I'm more of a concert person), but is one of the things I want to do eventually, since I'm very theatrical myself (actually, last time I bought makeup, I got told I should went to a theatrical makeup store, for actors, since the colors I used weren't usually available for general public :P ).

Really? :tongue: Nice. Gotta love your colours then.

C-17 wrote:
And I wish you good luck on the auditions! I hope you get the coolest role ;-)

Oh, it's actually about employing actors. ^_^ Or well, I don't know do they pay money for it, but once they've "hired" me they can start preparing the plays and casting us. :dance:

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Usapon wrote:

And yet the entire contemporary dating process is based around this. Go figure.

As for Haruka and Michiru, I'd say that the former's a lesbian and the latter's bisexual.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Lunar Archivist wrote:
As for Haruka and Michiru, I'd say that the former's a lesbian and the latter's bisexual.

I agree. I think based on their flirty attitudes with others. Haruka seemed to flirt only with girls where Michiru flirted more with men. Haruka was the bigger flirt though, and I often wondered if Mirchiru ever grew tired of her constant promiscuous attitude. Since I think she only flirted with others to get back at her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Michiru flirting with Seyia dose not count as Seyia is really a woman. and when they were a stage i should that both of them scenes something. so that could point to Michiru knowing something was up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Usapon wrote:

Well, dating someone doesn't necessarily mean having already fallen for him/her, tho. :wink:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 pm 
inactive
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Usapon wrote:

:tongue: If you mean blind dating, I never really got the idea of that anyway.

Sailor Swifty wrote:
Michiru flirting with Seyia dose not count as Seyia is really a woman.

Well Seiya was a man at that very moment, and even the audience didn't know her real gender then.

Interesting gossip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next