Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: General RP Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:54 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I don't know Drew. It looks iffy either way. It's not even a battle of two worlds, it's basically Harry Potter on grimdark steroids with a shade of grimderp. It's either get screwed over by the magic hunters who mysteriously gained the ability to permakill mages, or by the wizarding authorities if you use magic to defeat them, and that is if they don't have plot-related handwaved immunity to that anyway because defeating them with magic probably wasn't in the plot, but then you're probably screwed by both, and maybe throw in the evil party too for good measure.

But maybe it's just another young adult drama where all this doesn't matter and the greatest concern is pairing off and romances and feelings and... you know that stuff that drags on for months and nothing meaningful happens during it.

that is discounting the option of rallying the magical world to finally conquer the muggles and enact a well deserved magocracy, because that's not quite harry potter.

or the option of joining the evil party and enacting a reign of terror, which is like option 1 but grimdarker.

Not even worthy of mentioning (not that it stops me) is the choice of playing magic hunters and screwing over wizards to enact a great purge in the name of muggle superiority. (my favorite scenario of the three dropped ones. Burn the mutant! =][=)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Note that no one really said "Yay" or "Nay" to my idea.

***crouches and draws circles on the floor with index finger***

You BETTER beware, once I get up from my crouch, if ever I can, you'll all be in BIG trouble.

Bad knees are not fun. ;_______;

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Crystal Queen wrote:
Note that no one really said "Yay" or "Nay" to my idea.

***crouches and draws circles on the floor with index finger***

You BETTER beware, once I get up from my crouch, if ever I can, you'll all be in BIG trouble.

Bad knees are not fun. ;_______;

Nay. Found it boring.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:17 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Boro wrote:
I don't know Drew. It looks iffy either way. It's not even a battle of two worlds, it's basically Harry Potter on grimdark steroids with a shade of grimderp. It's either get screwed over by the magic hunters who mysteriously gained the ability to permakill mages, or by the wizarding authorities if you use magic to defeat them, and that is if they don't have plot-related handwaved immunity to that anyway because defeating them with magic probably wasn't in the plot, but then you're probably screwed by both, and maybe throw in the evil party too for good measure.

But maybe it's just another young adult drama where all this doesn't matter and the greatest concern is pairing off and romances and feelings and... you know that stuff that drags on for months and nothing meaningful happens during it.

that is discounting the option of rallying the magical world to finally conquer the muggles and enact a well deserved magocracy, because that's not quite harry potter.

or the option of joining the evil party and enacting a reign of terror, which is like option 1 but grimdarker.

Not even worthy of mentioning (not that it stops me) is the choice of playing magic hunters and screwing over wizards to enact a great purge in the name of muggle superiority. (my favorite scenario of the three dropped ones. Burn the mutant! =][=)

Thanks for the honest critique Boro, I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:15 pm 
Quasar
Quasar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 22.09 KiB | Viewed 8742 times ]

I'm thinking of giving the Mirage Arena idea another try...

Kupo, we sincerely apologize for the unexpected cancelling of the Mirage Arena. We needed to do some renovations. Now, characters, from any RP can participate in the Mirage Arena. Up to 4 people participate in events, using any character that they have played as in an RP.

So... A team can consist of Rei from Bishounen Senshi Sailor Moon, Lita from We Are The Sailor Guardians, and... Any character NQS18 or Tam Crystalwolf have RPed as. As an example. Interaction between everyone is allowed. Getting to know your allies is rather handy. Heck, any one of the Shintennou can be working along with the Sailor Guardians if ya feel like it. It's a lot easier to jump in than you think.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:51 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
Anyone interested in a 1x1 advanced RP? Or small group. .let me know!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Depnds on the setting and the type of game. I don't like the typical young adult drama of who pairs with who and who goes happy or sad because of that. Give me a good dungeon crawl or mech combat game though and you got yourself a lifetime player.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:04 pm 
Quasar
Quasar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wait, another idea. I'm gonna go through with this one. The Nexus. An interdimensional club that was formerly a speakeasy in the 1920s. Again, any character that a player has played as in an RP can come in.

EDIT: Yep, I'm going through with it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 41 months ago
inactive
Venus of Arendelle wrote:
Wait, another idea. I'm gonna go through with this one. The Nexus. An interdimensional club that was formerly a speakeasy in the 1920s. Again, any character that a player has played as in an RP can come in.

I'd love to get into that, but I've never really played in any of the current roleplays, though...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Caleb wrote:
Venus of Arendelle wrote:

I'd love to get into that, but I've never really played in any of the current roleplays, though...

Same... But who cares, I think I'll join anyways. =^_^=

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
Hello fellow role players! I'm new to this site, but I'm a relatively decent RPer. I'm looking for a storyline that'll allow OCs from alternate dimensions or storylines that are just accepting of unusual OCs. I promise I'm not just willy nilly with my characters. There is some sense to them. If you have questions for me then by all means AIM me, message me, or e-mail me. I'll be more than happy to tell you about my characters & ideas for storylines.
The reason I say that iis because I can think of them all day, but I'm horrible at getting them started & keeping them alive. I don't know why, but its like my brain just burns out & I can't seem to focus on keeping the storyline going.
I guess in the end I prefer to be a conceptualist & consultant as well as player. If this poses as a problem to anyone then please say so.
Best wishes to all!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:39 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hello.
Im looking for RP partner on Yahoo Messenger/AIM, im online everyday at evening, GMT+2, we could do RPs in turns, i can play whatever type of RP you want, as long as you do mine for me :) My yahoo id is kaorualice and AIM kaorualice4025

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 27 months ago
inactive
This thread seems helpful... if used.

English is not my native language, but I love to RP and has been long since I RPed at any forum...
I'd be glad to RP with people if possible, but I have no ideas for one and I don't even know if there is any active RP looking for people that would be interested in someone that could mess up with words... :ohdear:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:04 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Male straight
I too am interested in joining! I used to play D&D all the time until a couple of months ago when I fell out with my friends.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:59 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Dunno if this kind of advertising is allowed but I'm going to host a game on another forum where you manage a band. I've hosted it before successfully so it should run smoothly. It's called Greatest Hit if you're interested, so make sure to check it out by clicking that hyperlink.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
After having read through the ill-fated "Roleplay for all" bud of a thread, I'm thinking of making a sort of different attempt at it, but this time set in the sailor moon universe, albeit a different corner of it. This means practically no difference in character requirements, as the senshi are best as a backdrop to our adventures (for now).

You guys interested? (Does this even make sense for you?)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:21 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here's an idea of a Sailor Senshi RPG ... with lack of tactile role playing... I need to finish my current RPG's first

Quote:
Pretty Sailor Soldiers.exe

Welcome to the Beta Testing of Bandai's new and innovative MMORPG named Pretty Sailor Soldiers. Pretty Sailor Soldiers aims to bring advanced character customisation to life and integrate it into a game based on Naoko Takeuchi’s famous mange “Codename : Sailor V” and “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon”. You get to live through your daily routine with your characters, lives in houses and when there’s crime you have the power to transform and sync in with your element.
Enjoy the progressive storyline where you all start in the city of Chibadzuki the main hub of the game. You will of course venture off into different areas as this tory progresses but we will gradually reveal this as the story moves on.
This Beta Update also introduces the features of Animal Mentors just like Luna and Artemis from the areformentioned series. There are cats, dogs, wisps and birds. The update also has refined and stabilised the use of weaponry. Each soldier can only withhold one weapon throughout the journey. If anything occurs, you may only use one other ally’s weapon.
We hope you will enjoy the stay.

Plot:
A few selected members of society are chosen to play the new beta test of Pretty Sailor Soldiers until suddenly a virus named ChaosNeb.dll attack the game and the beta testers are warped into the game. Through the game’s production team, the avatar known as Sailor Cosmos entrusts these new warriors the quest to defeat the Chaos Nebula army in order to set themselves free from the game. However it comes at a price, if they are defeated the virus will continue its quest to infect all technology of mankind with the ChaosNeb virus and send the real world into an eventual Black Hole? How will the new chosen Sailor Senshi help? Will they be able to gain powers like never before?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:05 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Other: Gay.
DREWdesu wrote:
Here's an idea of a Sailor Senshi RPG ... with lack of tactile role playing... I need to finish my current RPG's first

Quote:
Pretty Sailor Soldiers.exe

Welcome to the Beta Testing of Bandai's new and innovative MMORPG named Pretty Sailor Soldiers. Pretty Sailor Soldiers aims to bring advanced character customisation to life and integrate it into a game based on Naoko Takeuchi’s famous mange “Codename : Sailor V” and “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon”. You get to live through your daily routine with your characters, lives in houses and when there’s crime you have the power to transform and sync in with your element.
Enjoy the progressive storyline where you all start in the city of Chibadzuki the main hub of the game. You will of course venture off into different areas as this tory progresses but we will gradually reveal this as the story moves on.
This Beta Update also introduces the features of Animal Mentors just like Luna and Artemis from the areformentioned series. There are cats, dogs, wisps and birds. The update also has refined and stabilised the use of weaponry. Each soldier can only withhold one weapon throughout the journey. If anything occurs, you may only use one other ally’s weapon.
We hope you will enjoy the stay.

Plot:
A few selected members of society are chosen to play the new beta test of Pretty Sailor Soldiers until suddenly a virus named ChaosNeb.dll attack the game and the beta testers are warped into the game. Through the game’s production team, the avatar known as Sailor Cosmos entrusts these new warriors the quest to defeat the Chaos Nebula army in order to set themselves free from the game. However it comes at a price, if they are defeated the virus will continue its quest to infect all technology of mankind with the ChaosNeb virus and send the real world into an eventual Black Hole? How will the new chosen Sailor Senshi help? Will they be able to gain powers like never before?

This sounds like the plot to a Rockman.EXE game.
EDIT: I'd totally do it, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:30 am 
Quasar
Quasar
I got more of a Dragon Ball Heroes vibe, but yeah, that works too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Other: Gay.
I do have an idea for a non-SM role play...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:06 am 
Quasar
Quasar
Attachment:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 48.55 KiB | Viewed 7962 times ]

You have a gift for appealing designs...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:17 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Princess Venus wrote:

Its based on this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQpnTlay94

Finally a way we don't screw canon characters lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:31 pm 
Quasar
Quasar
DREWdesu wrote:
Princess Venus wrote:

Its based on this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQpnTlay94

Finally a way we don't screw canon characters lol

Hey, there's nothing wrong with doing your own take.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:06 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Are CYOAs allowed?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Anybody wanting to do a noncanon RP? I have a senshi profile for my Otaku Senshi:

Spoiler: show
Character Name: Misumi Tokoyo

Character Image:
Personality Traits:
She wants to become an astronomer, and to explore the universe, to be exact, the stars. Misumi has always loved the stars as as younger child. Every time they came out at night, she asked her mother to allow her out, before bedtime.

In general, Misumi is a proper teenage girl, she is smart, ladylike, and very responsible, thus being mature enough to get a job. She has a weak spot for space, science, and the science of the universe. Every time, every single time, when a space-related thing or even a tiny piece of info about the universe, she turns pink, and suddenly loses these "lady-like" qualities and behavior.

She doesn't like making friends, and enjoys being independent, and is quite lonely, she always, and very clearly states that she does not believe in "love". She even denies that love exists. She also dislikes children, as they tend to bother her.

Storyline Specific Information: In the Hearts in Love (soon to come roleplay) RP, Misumi also loses her lady-like qualities when she meets [Civilian Name], and starts to fall in love with [Civilian Name], slightly loses interest in space/the universe.

Additional Information: She works at dokidoki sweets, does not like making friends, is a dandere. She only has a mother, no siblings, is middle class, lives in Mokoto City.

RP Sample:
Misumi looked at her alarm clock, and, in alarm, she figured out quicky, that she was late for a school meeting. A very important school meeting, as it was time for the observatory group at her school to select times to go to...a real observatory. The group never really went to observatories, so this was the group's, not to mention Misumi's, time to shine.

"I'm so late! But who must take my blame?" She then proceeded to blame her mother, but then she relized that blaming her wouldn't help, as she would still be late, even more late, to be excat. "Well, goodbye, mother, I'm off to see how much more I can get out of my meeting!"

Senshi Information

Senshi Name: Sailor Magnificent
Senshi Fuku: Image
Powers and Magical Items:

Starry Make Up: creates a ray of beautiful stars that confuse the enemy, making her able to attack with a pan.
Magnificent Star Show: the first attack, but this time she has a very proper weapon, a star rod, which emits light that can make the enemy surrender, thus allowing her to attack with the star part of the rod, the star-shine (which is the top), the star rod was actually disguised as the long necklace she wears in senshi form.
Star Power Shine: this attack, again, allows her to confuse her enemy with light, however, she shouts "star power", and physical stars puncture the enemy.
Shining Brooch: her transformation item, which is the star in the center bottom of her neck, she shouts "SHINING BROOCH" to transform.
Star Rod: used in the Magnificent Star Show attack, it looks similar to an earring, but bigger and with a purple-bluish handle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:36 pm 
Quasar
Quasar
>non canon.

Lady, we make our own canon here. Rose and I (and DREWDesu, wherever he may be now) have basically established an RP multiverse.

Oh.... Oh... That also means... at least one version of Misumi Tokoyo ends up dead at the hands of Goku Black. And THIS version of Goku Black can only be described as what TV Tropes would call a Humanoid Abomination.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:18 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
NavalCommanderMercury wrote:
Are CYOAs allowed?

I don't see why not
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways @CureNa11
Pv is right, I have my own version of the sm universe split into 3 plus timelines the first timeline being the official canon

Second timeline being an alternate future where my original character is dealing with my original villains but the inners/dark kingdom never awoke while trying to return to the silver millennium after being thrown into a time dimension warp by my original villain just before Metalia took over Beryl

Third timeline has my original character inners outers official villains and original villains, main original big bad is part of chaos, alternate events and differences from the canonverse like chibiusa actually grows up by Stars due to not having tux as her father in this timeline, speaking of tux, he is the Golden Crystal holder

The story covers before silver millennium, then certain events in the Silver Millennium leading to the canon timeline, the alternate future, return to silver millennium to create 3rd timeline leading to alternative versions of Codename Sailor V, Dark Kingdom, Black Moon, Infinity, Dreams, A new original arc, Stars, Crystal Tokyo, and the Cosmos Era

Then there's a 4th timeline which has completely original stories characters etc

Anyways I bring it up because I might get my Rp going soon so I might join yours while Im at it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:34 am 
Quasar
Quasar
Prince Rose wrote:
NavalCommanderMercury wrote:
Are CYOAs allowed?

I don't see why not
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways @CureNa11
Pv is right, I have my own version of the sm universe split into 3 plus timelines the first timeline being the official canon

Second timeline being an alternate future where my original character is dealing with my original villains but the inners/dark kingdom never awoke while trying to return to the silver millennium after being thrown into a time dimension warp by my original villain just before Metalia took over Beryl

Third timeline has my original character inners outers official villains and original villains, main original big bad is part of chaos, alternate events and differences from the canonverse like chibiusa actually grows up by Stars due to not having tux as her father in this timeline, speaking of tux, he is the Golden Crystal holder

The story covers before silver millennium, then certain events in the Silver Millennium leading to the canon timeline, the alternate future, return to silver millennium to create 3rd timeline leading to alternative versions of Codename Sailor V, Dark Kingdom, Black Moon, Infinity, Dreams, A new original arc, Stars, Crystal Tokyo, and the Cosmos Era

Then there's a 4th timeline which has completely original stories characters etc

Anyways I bring it up because I might get my Rp going soon so I might join yours while Im at it

4th? No, the fourth is the one where tons of people die, including Usagi, and later, Makoto and Yua kill Rose for the Rose Crystal, sapping the life out of the Rose Goddess so they can create the aforementioned Black. (And before you ask, Damia was also killed. Black killed her while she was still sleeping.)

And spoiling this right now, let's face it, their group will practically be the true antagonists of Stars. Of course, Black isn't the only person they have at their disposal... They also rescued Pyrrha Nikos from her fate. And as the old saying goes, "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Attachment:
image.png
image.png [ 219.76 KiB | Viewed 5357 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:26 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Ok so the 4th is the loss timeline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:01 am 
Quasar
Quasar
That statement isn't entirely inaccurate... they've also interfered with history directly however, such as rescuing Pyrrha.

And making her fit her former title of "the invincible girl." She's gotten an unbelievable upgrade in power and capabilities. Part of those new capabilities? The ability to regenerate. Having been given Godly power upgraded her Aura's natural healing ability from healing up cuts and bruises, to it being around Cell's level where she can legitimately regenerate from just a single cell. In the off chance she loses a limb? Guess what the human body contains? iron. Meaning, with her Semblance, she can magnetize any removed limbs to herself, or even just a few drops of her own blood to a single location if that's all that's left, just to make it easier for her to regenerate. there's also the fact she's quite clearly gone insane.

Her bosses know what they want. To manipulate time and space themselves, change history to their benefit, and by extension, to gain absolute control over fate, basically having the authority to literally decide who lives and who dies.

They've basically been messing around with spacetime enough to lead to some... Interesting new timelines, which they have observed and Black may even bring up sometimes.

These range from Rose and Usagi both being women, EVERYBODY being women, to Naru having a Brooklyn Accent... To the outright outlandish ones, such as Rose actually being gay. In one instance, he actually fell in love with Jaune Arc.

Attachment:
File comment: granted, Yua secretly likes him a bit as well.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 28.46 KiB | Viewed 5317 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next