* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Can't Wait For Crystal's Stars Arc
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As much as Stars leaves to be desired, I still find the idea of Crystal adapting it exciting. There's just so much content we missed out on in the 90s anime. Finally seeing all of that animated would be a dream come true for me. And while it won't be as much as we'd like, I'm sure there will be some minor improvements made.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how fans would react to how dark Stars gets. The only downside is I can already imagine the "Stars is trying to rip off dark magical girl series like Madoka :angry:!!!1" type of comments now. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
I'm guessing there's no sex changing in the manga version?

I hope so, as the male to female thingy bothers me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Na11 wrote:

Your sight banner is very creative and pretty.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Na11 wrote:

Your sight banner is very creative and pretty.

My signature? It's not mine..it's from another sm forum, the artist said credit was not required.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Na11 wrote:

Nope! In the manga, they're just females crossdressing for a disguise.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
JamesHeart wrote:
Sorry sweetheart but you're wrong there will be a new season. You better bookmark this thread for reference to show how wrong you were lol. And I'm not even going to comment on the fact that you made an account just to make that post. What a hater. So sad and pathetic

not here to start a fight or call people pathetic like you just told i am,im just saying that people here are like SO SURE that there will be a next season in crystal

we dont even know if Toei wants to continie
lasty yes im gonna bookmark your responce and if there is a new season i permit you to send me a pm humaliating me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Definitely interested in seeing the quality Toei may put into this series.

SPOILER: Poor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:52 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
C-17 wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Poor quality for a poor arc would be very fitting. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:48 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Now I kind of wish another company took over Crystal from the get-go...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
C-17 wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

:ohdear: Please say it isn't so..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:26 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I know I said I hope that they don't do Stars, but after some thinking, I don't see why fans should be deprived the last season if Dream ends up getting adapted. Stars does have some great things in it. Sure it moves quickly before expanding on things, but they are still interesting none-the-less.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
If Crystal does adapt the Stars story arc, I will not be looking forward to seeing mostly the Inner Guardians being killed off and revived as Galaxia's marionettes. Also the Star/Eternal uniforms for the rest of the Sailors, namely the Inners and Outers.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:13 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
"Stars is trying to rip off dark magical girl series like Madoka :angry:!!!

Madoka totally and completely ripped off the Stars story arc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I honestly hope they gonna cut amount of times Usagi mentiones everyone names every five seconds. To paraphrase Team Four Star Vegeta in Broly Movie "I'd rather be kicked into dick, a thousand more times, than hear that idiot Usagi scream "Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto" again"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Clow wrote:
Madoka totally and completely ripped off the Stars story arc.

I wouldn't say it's a downright rip-off, but they certainly have some things in common.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I wonder if Mitsuko Horie Will voice Galaxia again...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:46 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I wonder if Mitsuko Horie Will voice Galaxia again...

I would like that all though Sailor Galaxia is a very different person in the manga. So it will be interesting to see how she plays her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:20 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Yu wrote:
you guys seem pretty sure that there will be a new season
i would hold my horses if i were you to avoid disapointment

Yu wrote:
JamesHeart wrote:
Sorry sweetheart but you're wrong there will be a new season. You better bookmark this thread for reference to show how wrong you were lol. And I'm not even going to comment on the fact that you made an account just to make that post. What a hater. So sad and pathetic

not here to start a fight or call people pathetic like you just told i am,im just saying that people here are like SO SURE that there will be a next season in crystal

we dont even know if Toei wants to continie
lasty yes im gonna bookmark your responce and if there is a new season i permit you to send me a pm humaliating me

See !!!! There was nothing wrong with being sure that a new season was coming :)
Did you keep this page bookmarked ?
I knew you'd be wrong :) :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:31 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Not only Toei is giving us new Crystal, they are making it a big event, so it shouldn't surprise us more than just 2 seasons. (Sixth season, movies, ovas maybe?).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:33 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Exactly :)
I just find it so hilarious how some people will make accounts on here just to beat us down and tell us how there isn't going to be new seasons and stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:02 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
cuau_cg wrote:
Not only Toei is giving us new Crystal, they are making it a big event, so it shouldn't surprise us more than just 2 seasons. (Sixth season, movies, ovas maybe?).

Theres coming clothes and cute stuff too. Yay. :innocent: :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
magic713 wrote:
Stars is the one season I either don't want adapted or if it is adapted, it is given a major overhaul. Can still keep the same characters and locations, but change the story so it is less depressing. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Usagi had to go through some therapy for PTSD with all the s*** she endured in Stars

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
HeartWarrior wrote:
I hope they revamp the storyline.

This!

This arc sucked in both versions so any major changes made would be very welcome as long as it doesn't end up as bad as season 1's changes turned out.

I agree with both of you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
foenyanko wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the Stars Arc since the manga turned into a bit of a jumble near the end. But if they can just give us a final shot that confirms that the darling guardian cats are OK and back to normal at the end, it'll be worth it. :ohdear:

Or how about they don't confirm the guardian cats are OK so they can have a continuation of Crystal after the Stars arc?? =^_^=

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:12 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Something I've been wondering about today:

In the manga, the first one or two times Usagi transforms into ESM, she says "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" like in the anime, but after that she inexplicably switches to "Silver Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!" (Tokyopop changed that so that she used the latter from the beginning). So my question is: what transformation phrase do you think she'll use in Crystal? "Moon Eternal...," "Silver Moon...," or will Crystal continue to do a blind, literal-to-a-fault adaptation and use both? :lol: :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:58 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Something I've been wondering about today:

In the manga, the first one or two times Usagi transforms into ESM, she says "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" like in the anime, but after that she inexplicably switches to "Silver Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!" (Tokyopop changed that so that she used the latter from the beginning). So my question is: what transformation phrase do you think she'll use in Crystal? "Moon Eternal...," "Silver Moon...," or will Crystal continue to do a blind, literal-to-a-fault adaptation and use both? :lol: :?
. I want to be optimistic so I say the will use "Silver Moon Crystal Power" from the start.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 am 
Luna
Luna
I think that's an interesting topic on its own. I checked the kanzenban release (the newest re-release, the "perfect edition" that our Eternal Edition will be based on) and found that it's the same in that version, as well. Takeuchi apparently went back and fixed some art stuff between the 1st and 2nd releases, and I believe she edited the text in some places as well (I think she named some extra attacks). This would have been a great opportunity to fix this error...so we can only assume that it's not an error. Takeuchi definitely changed her mind about the transformation call, but the fact that she didn't fix this when she had two chances to makes me think that she had a reason for changing the call during the story.

I just started re-reading the manga but I'm all the way in Sailor V right now...it'll be a while before I get to Stars to check if anything "changes" for Usagi during this time.

I would love it if Crystal used both transformation calls, and maybe added a line to explain why she changes calls. I doubt that'll happen, though.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I mean, Naoko also had two chances to fix that panel in Stars where Uranus has an arm with two elbows and she didn't, so it's also possible that by the time she got to Stars, she'd just run out of steam and didn't do the same thorough job of revision that she did with the first arcs. I wouldn't mind if Crystal uses both as long as they explain the change and we get two separate transformation sequences, but since I doubt that'll happen, I'd rather they stick with "Moon Eternal, Make Up" since the latter phrase is a bit long winded and, given she later uses "Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss" as an attack, it would just be too same-y for my taste.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Naoko changed her mind quite a few times with that call. In the first print of "Stars 1" in Nakayoshi, the phrase was "Moon Eternal Power, Make Up!". The next chapter it became "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" and "Power" was dropped. It stayed "Moon Eternal, Make Up" for the entire duration of its Nakayoshi run (hence why the anime went with "Moon Eternal, Make Up").

I just chalk up to Naoko being the Queen of Inconsistency :lol: - Crystal should pick one of the phrases and stick to it because there's honestly no visible change between how Usagi transforms in Stars 1 and Stars 2... So there shouldn't be a need for two transformation phrases.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Naoko changed her mind quite a few times with that call. In the first print of "Stars 1" in Nakayoshi, the phrase was "Moon Eternal Power, Make Up!". The next chapter it became "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" and "Power" was dropped. It stayed "Moon Eternal, Make Up" for the entire duration of its Nakayoshi run (hence why the anime went with "Moon Eternal, Make Up").

I just chalk up to Naoko being the Queen of Inconsistency :lol: - Crystal should pick one of the phrases and stick to it because there's honestly no visible change between how Usagi transforms in Stars 1 and Stars 2... So there shouldn't be a need for two transformation phrases.

Interesting; never knew that before. Even the way "Make Up" is written in katakana is different between those two pages. The page from Stars 1 has "メイクアップ" whereas the page from Stars 2 has "メイク·アッップ" (which I'm assuming is a typo) :P Wonder why Naoko dropped the "Power" and then, for the tankubon and subsequent releases, changed the transformation phrase post Stars 2? Just what goes on in her brain? :lol:

ETA: Just checked my copy of the [Kodansha USA translated] manga and she uses "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" in Stars 1, then switches to "Silver Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!" in Stars 2. So, assuming that's not different from the original release, that means Naoko changed "Moon Eternal Power..." to "Moon Eternal..." in Stars 1 and then decided to COMPLETELY change the transformation call for the rest of the manga? That's....so bizarre :lol:

Anyway, I'm also bothered that the Inners (and Outers? Flipping through the manga, I don't see any panels of them transforming) don't get new transformation calls, despite obviously getting new (and, furthermore, unnamed) forms. I doubt Crystal will invent new transformation calls or items for them, but hopefully the actual transformations can at least look cool and perhaps they'll actually have the Inners and Outers be addressed as "Eternal Sailor Mercury," etc. It would also be nice if they could ALL get new attacks, not just Uranus and Neptune.