Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I hope for the movie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:58 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
imaginationgirl wrote:
Crystal was never going to be a sequel to the 90 s anime and never was meant to be anything like it. Honestly, some fans should really accept that. They were also manga fans like me who wanted a readaptation for ages.

I understand how you feel, imaginationgirl. I, too, love the manga.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
First of all to imaginationgirl making a sequel to the 90s anime isn't that unlikely as for one it is the most well known and well loved version of the series and we have seen quite a few series from the 90s given sequels like Cardcaptor Sakura, the Dragon Ball series etc. I honestly think that if they had made Crystal a sequel to the 90s anime it wouldn't have gotten near as much the hate it got. Especially since the 90s merchandise sells like hotcakes.

Oh give me a break. Cardcaptors new anime is not sequel to the old anime . They are adapting the cleat card arc in anime format. I guess you ca say its a little of both. But saying like its a complete original sequel. Its very unlikely that the 90 s anime get a sequel. It really dosen't matter how popuar is .Dragon ball had Dragon ball z kai which is a recut of the old anime .Trying to make it closer to the manga. Then they had two original movies .That was then reworked into shows. Crystal was never going to be a sequel to the 90 s anime and never was meant to be anything like it. Honestly, some fans should really accept that. They were also manga fans like me who wanted a readaptation for ages.

It is a sequel to the Cardcaptor Sakura anime they are adapting it from the manga but it is still a sequel to the original anime. Dragon Ball Super is also a modern sequel of the Dragon Ball series. Also whether Crystal was meant to be a sequel or not is irrelevant it should have been a sequel also manga fans have the manga most fans wanted something new or if they did get a new adaptation they didn't want a completely faithful version of the manga which Crystal failed to be with no new stuff, filler or characterization. The fact that Crystal has been unsuccessful is proof of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Season III was a readaptation alright...Considering the attacks and Inner Senshi wands came straight from the 90's anime.

It honestly makes me wonder exactly what happened all the way up until Season III. Season 1 & 2 were riding on the manga train heavily & for some reason was received poorly throughout by fans. What really started grinding folks gears about this Manga to Crystal thing was just how some changes or things be omitted were silly....(The General deaths) they said it was to attract new fans and older fans that grew up with the show. It attracted some new Moonies but the majority of the Moonbase weren't having it. It was very clear in some episodes with Wonksagi Face Tsukino and Derp Hino that they were not extremely invested in all the episodes.

I find it interesting that to test things out Toei started releasing a plethora of SM 90's merchandise before Crystal, gathering that SM was still a very much loved anime but the manga to anime adaptation

Now before I get a telling, I want Crystal to succeed and I wish it had more to offer though. Does anyone know if they still do image albums like SM did back then in the day. There was this awesome site that had all of the SM music albums, including sound effects, special character songs and poems. Is it possible for the current seiyuu to sing a song together like the old group or has anime pretty much veered from this?

I don't watch much anime except for Sailor Moon and a tiny bit of other shows.

What I really need for Dream to do...When Ms. Kon came, she gave the okay to include the 90s attacks and stuff...This is what I hope she doesn't do for Dream. I was hoping and still hoping that Crystal did stay its own thing and not mimic the 90s attacks and call them homages (Season 1 was handling this perfectly). I want it to truly be its own. I don't want a SuperS Moon Gorgeous Meditation, Flame Sniper, Love and Beauty Shock..Etc, No Crystal wands or anything. I just want something fresh and fluid, good writing and consistent animation. Something I won't mind buying and watching over again as a fan of the show.

P.S. Mega Mars Fire Rings Flash!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Does anyone know if they still do image albums like SM did back then in the day. There was this awesome site that had all of the SM music albums, including sound effects, special character songs and poems. Is it possible for the current seiyuu to sing a song together like the old group or has anime pretty much veered from this?

Yeah, they're still a thing, Crystal had one back when season 2 was streaming (and when season 1 was first being broadcast on TV).

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KICA-3239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZb_QbJeyYI

For another example, Digimon Tri had two released this past March.

https://withthewill.net/threads/17255-t ... nce-Events
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2LrTyEVFkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-bsctC4tk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
MariaTenebre wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
First of all to imaginationgirl making a sequel to the 90s anime isn't that unlikely as for one it is the most well known and well loved version of the series and we have seen quite a few series from the 90s given sequels like Cardcaptor Sakura, the Dragon Ball series etc. I honestly think that if they had made Crystal a sequel to the 90s anime it wouldn't have gotten near as much the hate it got. Especially since the 90s merchandise sells like hotcakes.

Oh give me a break. Cardcaptors new anime is not sequel to the old anime . They are adapting the cleat card arc in anime format. I guess you ca say its a little of both. But saying like its a complete original sequel. Its very unlikely that the 90 s anime get a sequel. It really dosen't matter how popuar is .Dragon ball had Dragon ball z kai which is a recut of the old anime .Trying to make it closer to the manga. Then they had two original movies .That was then reworked into shows. Crystal was never going to be a sequel to the 90 s anime and never was meant to be anything like it. Honestly, some fans should really accept that. They were also manga fans like me who wanted a readaptation for ages.

It is a sequel to the Cardcaptor Sakura anime they are adapting it from the manga but it is still a sequel to the original anime. Dragon Ball Super is also a modern sequel of the Dragon Ball series. Also whether Crystal was meant to be a sequel or not is irrelevant it should have been a sequel also manga fans have the manga most fans wanted something new or if they did get a new adaptation they didn't want a completely faithful version of the manga which Crystal failed to be with no new stuff, filler or characterization. The fact that Crystal has been unsuccessful is proof of this.
Yes cardcaptors, like I said, will be little bit aboth,. Still, it would be an adaption of a new arc in te manga. Not original sequel like your trying to say Toei could do with sailor moon . The case with DBZ again is different they made a recut to be closer to the manga . Like a reboot /redaption in general. Dragon Ball Super is a sequel mostly to Dragon Ball ZKai . Now for the manga remark. You know I can easily say you have the 90 s anime. You have all 200 episodes being newly dubbed , and released. Also, you have the three movies and ovas. So what's the issue ?We already have a version that has filler, and more characterization for the girls. Also you have PGSm . So it was now was a mistake for toei makin a closer adaption to the manga . Which is popular as well in its own right? If people don't like crystal they can just simply watch the versions they do like. Instead of getting angry for not being what they want it.( Also Crystal is not failure or unsucessful. If it was we would not be getting dreams) Also the whole most fans wanted a squel. I don't know where yu got that from ? When it was annouce a lot people didn't say they wanted a sequel to the 90 s anime .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Does anyone know if they still do image albums like SM did back then in the day. There was this awesome site that had all of the SM music albums, including sound effects, special character songs and poems. Is it possible for the current seiyuu to sing a song together like the old group or has anime pretty much veered from this?

Yeah, they're still a thing, Crystal had one back when season 2 was streaming (and when season 1 was first being broadcast on TV).

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KICA-3239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZb_QbJeyYI

For another example, Digimon Tri had two released this past March.

https://withthewill.net/threads/17255-t ... nce-Events
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2LrTyEVFkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-bsctC4tk

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
FMA Brotherhood was a faithful reboot of the manga and it was a huge success both in Japan and the U.S. and has even surpassed the original FMA anime in terms of popularity. Dragon Ball Super got a lot of criticism early on for having the same problems Sailor Moon Crystal had and has only gotten more respect very recently. The issue with Sailor Moon Crystal is the lack of consistent professionalism in the adaptation, not whether it was a remake or a sequel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:57 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Neon Genesis wrote:
The issue with Sailor Moon Crystal is the lack of consistent professionalism in the adaptation, not whether it was a remake or a sequel.

Agreed! Sailor Moon Crystal should have been consisent from the start, both production and format wise.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I've always felt like Crystal should have been an OVA film series from the start. It would have allowed them more time to work on the animation at their own pace and maybe they could have actually expanded more on the Generals subplot if they didn't have to work everything into a 24 minute long episode.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
They are a lot of reboots that were popular . I don'yt understand where fans are getting with a sequel would been better , and recive better .Realostically they had no new manga arvc to adapt ? They had no plot points that could make a sequel . Most people who made the 90 s anime are gone . Not all anime sequels do well . People hated Dragon Ball GT (I think it was fine /) The way I see it 90 s anime sequel would been way more of a mess production-wise /

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
What do you think will the transformations and attacks look like?
Will they show a long transformation sequence every time, cut them out or make a short and a long sequence?
Do you think they'll use stock footage attacks like in season 3 or will they animate each attack individually like in season 1?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:12 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I like to hope it will be a combination of both. They can do a full transformation at the beginning but do it in real time after that. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see Sailor Saturn's full transformation or if Pluto does't get a transformation at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:40 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Neon Genesis wrote:
I like to hope it will be a combination of both. They can do a full transformation at the beginning but do it in real time after that. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see Sailor Saturn's full transformation or if Pluto does't get a transformation at all.

I agree especially on Saturn and Pluto. They need transformation scenes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:15 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I know I shouldn't compare these shows but I honestly want the transformations to be like or similar to how they were in the Madoka movie. Mami's transformation comes to mind. I really don't want them wasting time doing transformations. The more I think about the more I'm hoping we don't get any stock footage from this. Personally, I don't necessarily mind a bit of stock but real time attacks and even in some instances "flash henshins" will make the movie more cinematic to me. Like how some of the R movie (decent balance of stock and real time) and the Super S movie (best use of it; even without them saying the chants). I like to see the senshi use their attacks depending on the situation. I don't want to see Venus flying in the sky and then do wink chain sword like she was on the ground...

That's one thing I missed from Season 1 & some of 2 that III didn't have were those real time attacks...The real time attacks really put you in the moment of the battle and the stock took you out sometimes. Like idk if it's just me but Jupiter Coconut Cyclone looks amazing but I keep thinking that it's missing something...Something was off about it but I can't put my finger on it yet. I hope their Dream attacks look stunning but I'm worried Ms. Kon might stick to the old Super S attacks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:22 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
That's one thing I missed from Season 1 & some of 2 that III didn't have were those real time attacks...The real time attacks really put you in the moment of the battle and the stock took you out sometimes.

It actually had just one when :mako: attacked :chibiusa: under the control of Cyprine and Ptilol. Just not enough sadly.

https://youtu.be/UQd53JbfSkk?t=120

Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Like idk if it's just me but Jupiter Coconut Cyclone looks amazing but I keep thinking that it's missing something...Something was off about it but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Originality. It's a mix of Jupiter Oak Evolution and Sparkling Wide Pressure. It just ends of with a Precure style angled attack. While not entire trace it looks like its been done before.

I think that's why also Sparling Wide Pressure was animated differently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:51 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Neptune's Deep Aqua Mirage was also real time and so was Pluto's Chronos Typhoon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Neptune's Deep Aqua Mirage was also real time and so was Pluto's Chronos Typhoon.

Deep Submerge and World Shaking at the end of episode 4 were real time attacks too. ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
The first two seasons also did not have purely real time attacks. Most of the attacks by the time of the Black Moon arc were stock footage attacks like Burning Mandala and Shine Snow Illusion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

Actually Chronos Typhoon was stock footage, that was the attack used that looked similar to 90s Dead Scream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQEy3xF-4c

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Ah that's right but they showed it pretty quickly than your typical stock footage attacks. I loved how they showed Uranus and Neptune's attacks in the Mimete fight.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Also forgot Garnet Orb (partially) and Death Reborn Revolution were real time.

NJ_ wrote:
Actually Chronos Typhoon was stock footage, that was the attack used that looked similar to 90s Dead Scream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQEy3xF-4c

Is that an animation error on the lower right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:16 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I guess to be fair, S3 did have some real time. Including the first instance of Double Moon Heart Ache. Of course I don't want a full out brawl fest but the short scene between the Shitennoe and Senshi was great. Venus running up that building reminded me of something straight from outta PGSM...Lol Aqua mirror was real time kinda but what I mean is something like when the Senshi were fighting Kunzite in the air that time and we're throwing attacks at him and knocked him outta the air...That was amazing!!

We more stuff like this. I enjoyed Mars high heel kick to Mamoru, even though it failed. Lol I really want this to be good. I know I'm not the only one here that's spends money on the SAM franchise still. I even went to theatres to support the R movie.I plan on buying the movies of Dream when they come out and I just want to make sure Im getting my money's worth. I still haven't found a way to get my hand on DVDs/Blurays on PGSM and the New musicals. PGSM is one of my favorite adaptations so far...Minus plushy Luna and Artemis...lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:34 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
but what I mean is something like when the Senshi were fighting Kunzite in the air that time and we're throwing attacks at him and knocked him outta the air...That was amazing!!

I love the fight with Zoisite.

Star Angel Haruki wrote:
We more stuff like this. I enjoyed Mars high heel kick to Mamoru,

What episode was that?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
rgveda99 wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
but what I mean is something like when the Senshi were fighting Kunzite in the air that time and we're throwing attacks at him and knocked him outta the air...That was amazing!!

Star Angel Haruki wrote:

What episode was that?

I'm not sure. All I know is that Mamo-kun and Motoki were in the SM headquarters. Mars ran over to him and delivered a high rise kick which failed but was impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:01 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Star Angel Haruki wrote:

What episode was that?

I'm not sure. All I know is that Mamo-kun and Motoki were in the SM headquarters. Mars ran over to him and delivered a high rise kick which failed but was impressive.
It Was Act 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Re also got some good strength boost cause she shoved the heck outta Mako. The battle scenes had the potential in Season 1 and we're good but short. The Zoisite fight showed how versatile Mercury's powers were. Also Mars did an attacks in the air that was similar to Burning Mandala against Zoisite and she and Jupiter did a neat combination attacks when Moon was being chocked by Zoisite.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
A lot of fans are insisting the movies couldn't possibly be two hours long because Toei never makes two hour movies. But the latest One Piece TV special is going to be two hours long. Most of the One Piece Episode Of specials seem to be anywhere from 105 to 130 minutes long. So what does this mean for the Dream arc movies? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ed/.118862

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
A lot of fans are insisting the movies couldn't possibly be two hours long because Toei never makes two hour movies. But the latest One Piece TV special is going to be two hours long. Most of the One Piece Episode Of specials seem to be anywhere from 105 to 130 minutes long. So what does this mean for the Dream arc movies? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ed/.118862

Thanks for mentioning One Piece tv specials. I just checked the lenght of few of the latest specials
One Piece Episode of Luffy is 102 minutes
One Piece 3D2Y is 107 minutes
One Piece Episode of Sabo is 106 minutes
One Piece Adventure of Nebulandia is 106 minutes
One Piece Heart of Gold is 103 minutes

Latest One Piece theatrical release (One Piece Movie Gold) was 2 hours.

Its possible they'l do two over 100 minutes movies and that would be enough to cover whole Dream without too many cuts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Digimon Adventure Tri Part 3 was also a 105 minutes long.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:43 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Do you think the first movie will directly start with season 3's cliffhanger?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next