Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Clow wrote:

600,000 anime fans voted in that poll.
"Over 90 million fans worldwide can't be wrong!"

Too bad we've always been plagued by bitter infighting, otherwise we'd have been a plausible transnational/global political force already. :o

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:41 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Clow wrote:
Top 10 most beloved anime in Japan, according to NHK poll:

Now I understand why David Production haven't announced Jojo's Golden Wind anime :ohdear:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:46 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joaco95 wrote:
Clow wrote:

Now I understand why David Production haven't announced Jojo's Golden Wind anime :ohdear:

:rofl:

To be serious, there still is that Rohan OVA that's supposed to come out next month (for those who pre-ordered all 13 volumes of Diamond is Unbreakable) and then there's Monster Hunter Stories which should be wrapping up this Fall. If they don't announce Vento Aureo by January, then I would worry...or maybe not since I've heard that part was not so good. : /

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
Joaco95 wrote:
Clow wrote:

:rofl:

To be serious, there still is that Rohan OVA that's supposed to come out next month (for those who pre-ordered all 13 volumes of Diamond is Unbreakable) and then there's Monster Hunter Stories which should be wrapping up this Fall. If they don't announce Vento Aureo by January, then I would worry...or maybe not since I've heard that part was not so good. : /

Well, it's not bad but I can't say it's good because I need to read it first lmao but the thing is back in the day we didn't have any good english translation (just like DU duwang translation) until now. JoJo's Colored Adventure team is about to finish the black and white version (just one volume left). Italians love part 5, 'cause you know... Italian JoJo lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:06 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ http://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/anime100/ani_report/ : :P

Quote:
60位 美少女戦士セーラームーン

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
^According to the NHK poll above

3rd place: Madoka

8th place: CCS

60th place: Sailor Moon :eeklez:

--

I think that anime fans demand quality and TOEI, as a studio, does not meet fans' expectations. I am a fan of Crystal, but it is a fact that Crystal has lost many fans due to its inconsistencies.

Madoka deserves to be on the top of the list because it is amazing.

CCS is on the top of the list, and rightfully so, due to the fact that it's incredible and also because CLAMP made a conscious effort to keep the characters of CCS popular through Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, a highly praised and very long manga series that spanned 233 chapters (!) carefully divided through 28 tankōbon volumes. Now, CCS is getting revamped, and not as a remake or as a reboot, but as a sequel (an original story). The quality of the CCS OVA seems very good and is obviously superior to that of Crystal.

If TOEI and Naoko wish to continue selling SM merchandise, both parties will have to treat their franchise with the respect that it deserves (much like CLAMP is treating CCS).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:09 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Unless I missed it. I didn't see Pretty Cure or Dragon Ball on the list. I thought Pretty Cure was supposed to be super loved and popular? You can on YouTube and see some vids with hundreds of thousands of views to million. Interestingly, though, pretty cure isn't popular in America like SM was the last I checked.

I'm not the biggest CCS fan but I liked the show when I saw it and thought it was good. I'm glad it's getting revamped. Meanwhile, Crystal is bringing nothing new to the table and the with Dream and Stars being next, they had the opportunity to make a fresh series but instead chose to do two movies. It might be a good idea idk...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
As I mentioned in the other thread, that poll was one done of NHK viewers, so it's going to naturally be more biased towards shows that aired on NHK like CCS as opposed to shows like Sailor Moon that aired on rival networks like TV Tokyo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:45 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Neon Genesis wrote:
As I mentioned in the other thread, that poll was one done of NHK viewers, so it's going to naturally be more biased towards shows that aired on NHK like CCS as opposed to shows like Sailor Moon that aired on rival networks like TV Tokyo.

I politely disagree with your opinion that the poll is more biased towards NHK shows.

1) NHK has been airing the newer, restored HD version of the Sailor Moon 90's anime.

2) The show that tops the list was aired by Tokyo Metropolitan Television, not NHK.

I also maintain my position that TOEI completely dropped the ball with Crystal. As much as I enjoy Crystal (I do), Crystal has been an inconsistent show from day #1. It started as a very problematic ONA series (with fans from all over the world creating memes to make fun of it), then it became a televised show (with its characters having their designs completely changed), and now the remaining arcs are going to be turned into movies with undisclosed release dates. I think that a franchise as iconic as "Sailor Moon" deserved to be treated with far more respect than it was.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Yet this other newer poll has Sailor Moon as the number two highest rated anime heroine and Cardcaptor Sakura is only number eight. It doesn't make sense for Sailor Moon to score so poorly on this one poll of top 100 anime while another poll has Usagi as one of the greatest anime characters of all time. One of these polls has to be wrong. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30322

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I think I like that poll ^^^ better. Lol idk who the heck Nami is tho and still no Dragon Ball on the list...(i.e. Goku).

However, this still makes me irate about how to slings SM around. I do like Crystal, (preferably Season 3) and I was just wanting it to be something consistent. I did actually like the art style as long as they made sure it looked nice most of the time. I think a lot of folks had Pretty Cure fears for the show...lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I think I like that poll ^^^ better. Lol idk who the heck Nami is tho and still no Dragon Ball on the list...(i.e. Goku).

However, this still makes me irate about how to slings SM around. I do like Crystal, (preferably Season 3) and I was just wanting it to be something consistent. I did actually like the art style as long as they made sure it looked nice most of the time. I think a lot of folks had Pretty Cure fears for the show...lol

I think they mean Nami from One Piece

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah, the same Nami that grows boob size every couple of arcs that it has become a meme. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Yeah, the same Nami that grows boob size every couple of arcs that it has become a meme. :P

I dont think anyone will top Ivy from SC, she became cow by 4th part :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Neon Genesis wrote:
Yet this other newer poll has Sailor Moon as the number two highest rated anime heroine and Cardcaptor Sakura is only number eight. It doesn't make sense for Sailor Moon to score so poorly on this one poll of top 100 anime while another poll has Usagi as one of the greatest anime characters of all time. One of these polls has to be wrong. http://www.prettyguardiansailormoon.com ... 22&t=30322

That poll focuses on more "splendid heroines" from a specific period, the Heisei period (1989-present), whereas the NHK poll focuses on the most beloved anime titles in Japan in general. This means that Sailor Moon is a more splendid, special, or gracious heroine than Sakura (and I concur that she is; Usagi is a princess), but CCS, as an anime, according to the NHK poll, is more beloved than "Sailor Moon"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Yeah, a show & a character in a show are two different entities, & can have pretty different polling results even if it's concerning the same show. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Yet One Piece doesn't even make it to the top and Tiger and Bunny is bigger than One Piece and DBZ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:48 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Neon Genesis wrote:
Yet One Piece doesn't even make it to the top and Tiger and Bunny is bigger than One Piece and DBZ?

One Piece and DBZ, much like Sailor Moon, happen to be TOEI shows.

I have not seen, but heard awful things about the quality of DB Super.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I saw some of DBZ super and though it is kinda stupid. Goku and these rainbow phases...I just can't. I guess it does make sense when you look at it from the companies specs. They put a lot more effort into their shows it appears or maybe it's the software?? Idk for sure. I wish this Dream movie all the best cuz I'm sure a lot of fans are expecting something interesting. Hopefully, if their is a chance, even a slight one, I hope this Dream movie is Top Quality...I mean compared to the series quality kind of like the Super S movie was all smooth and vibrant. At least we got to see Double Moon Gorgeous Meditation. I wonder if this movie will be copy and paste...lol Eh, I'll keep my hopes netural since I'm thirsty for some new Sailor Moon. It's been a long ride on the Crystal Train...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:11 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Neon Genesis wrote:

I didn't know the Japanese fujoshi community was that big. :oh:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
DB Super only had major complaints in the first two arcs but since it's been in it's own original storylines most of the biggest complaints seem to have died down especially after it started on Toonami. It's on shaky ground to use a poll to somehow prove a rival show from the same genre will hurt the series to begin with. Multiple shows of the same genre co-exist all the time without issue and if anything competition might be healthy for the franchise. People can like multiple things at once. If we go by this reasoning, both Sailor Moon and CCS would have been killed by Pretty Cure a long time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Love Sailor Moon and CCS.

PreCure... no!

People disagree, but I think PreCure is a blatant Sailor Moon rip-off, much like Wedding Peach was.

PreCure, IMO, is what TOEI would have done to Sailor Moon if Naoko allowed TOEI to create a series based on Sailor Moon each and every year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Don't worry. =^_^=

They intentionally/unintentionally trashed the PQ Angels manuscript. :googly:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I don't think so. With the exception of being magical girls, they really don't have a lot in common, in my opinion, to divert fans from one another.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:21 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Clow wrote:
Love Sailor Moon and CCS.

PreCure... no!

People disagree, but I think PreCure is a blatant Sailor Moon rip-off, much like Wedding Peach was.

PreCure, IMO, is what TOEI would have done to Sailor Moon if Naoko allowed TOEI to create a series based on Sailor Moon each and every year.

I would not have been a fan if that was the case :grey:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
It's been a long ride on the Crystal Train...

I don't think it'd be a train wreck, but it's certainly a train comprising railcars of very different sizes & shapes. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Clow wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
Yet this other newer poll has Sailor Moon as the number two highest rated anime heroine and Cardcaptor Sakura is only number eight. It doesn't make sense for Sailor Moon to score so poorly on this one poll of top 100 anime while another poll has Usagi as one of the greatest anime characters of all time. One of these polls has to be wrong. http://www.prettyguardiansailormoon.com ... 22&t=30322

That poll focuses on more "splendid heroines" from a specific period, the Heisei period (1989-present), whereas the NHK poll focuses on the most beloved anime titles in Japan in general. This means that Sailor Moon is a more splendid, special, or gracious heroine than Sakura (and I concur that she is; Usagi is a princess), but CCS, as an anime, according to the NHK poll, is more beloved than "Sailor Moon"

Yah it was talking about characters not abot show s/. Like lets say one the popular chracter is Mickey Mouse . That doesn't mean the Mickey mouse cartoons are re still popular just that the character is .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Visually and aesthetically, "Sailor Moon" reinvented the magical girl genre; before "Sailor Moon," the closest thing that existed that felt like "Sailor Moon" was "Bishoujo Kamen Pointrine," a toku show that very heavily inspired "Sailor V" and from which Naoko borrowed many elements.

"Sailor Moon" is different from "Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine" because it has a team of girls.

"Precure" stole from "Sailor Moon" all of its visual elements (transformation sequences and attacks), the fact that it has a team of girls fighting together, as wells as symbols, and by symbols I mean things like transformation brooches, gadgets, magical cell phones, etc.

"Cardcaptor Sakura" is clearly influenced by "Sailor Moon" (CLAMP even admitted so), but CLAMP created something completely new.

"Precure," on the other hand, recycles the original "Sailor Moon" anime each and every year --and, in my opinion, it does so very poorly. It is essentially a reimagining of "Sailor Moon" aimed at children and without the suspense and dark elements that made "Sailor Moon" popular.

As I said and directly quote:

Quote:
People disagree...

But I maintain my position.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:37 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:

"Precure," on the other hand, recycles the original "Sailor Moon" anime each and every year --and, in my opinion, it does so very poorly. It is essentially a reimagining of "Sailor Moon" aimed at children and without the suspense and dark elements that made "Sailor Moon" popular.

As I said and directly quote:

Quote:
People disagree...

But I maintain my position.

Some seasons of Precure are good, some are bad, but, one of biggest advantages of PC over SM, is that not just leader is important, and beside Pink, other Cures also gain power ups, and defeat MOTW, sometimes even midboss/general, while in SM, especially classic anime, ou could count on one hand times rest of Senshi defeated monster.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next