SMC Promotional Images

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sailor-diamond

Lumen Cinererum
Jun 4, 2011
342
0
0
UK
#21
Yeah, they all look more mature in "Crystal", but I like it. It matches those absolutely gorgeous new pieces of art Naoko did for the most recent re-release of the manga in Japan.
 
Jul 21, 2006
549
0
0
Canada
#22
Mamoru will be portrayed as a high school student in Crystal, which again is sticking closer to the manga.
 
Jul 31, 2012
4,076
2,023
1,665
Outer Space
www.facebook.com
#23
But regardless of how mature they look, I doubt to many people can deny that the magazine shot of them is very stunning and to be honest, aside from those normal character designs this looks a lot promising for the show and you can really see their individuals personalities in this picture. They are probably discussing "mature" topics and Ami-chan is acting like she doesn't know what's going on. :lol:

I also noticed in the trailer that Usagi-chan did not have toast hanging out of her mouth when she was late for school.
 

Rika-Chicchi

Staff member
Site Admin
May 7, 2009
38,434
1,691
1,665
#24
Star Angel Haruki said:
But regardless of how mature they look, I doubt to many people can deny that the magazine shot of them is very stunning and to be honest, aside from those normal character designs this looks a lot promising for the show and you can really see their individuals personalities in this picture. They are probably discussing "mature" topics and Ami-chan is acting like she doesn't know what's going on. :lol:
Who knows what book she's reading this time in that pic? :mischief:
 

Caleb

Solaris Luna
Nov 6, 2010
2,517
8
5
26
#25
MC Fly said:
Star Angel Haruki said:
But regardless of how mature they look, I doubt to many people can deny that the magazine shot of them is very stunning and to be honest, aside from those normal character designs this looks a lot promising for the show and you can really see their individuals personalities in this picture. They are probably discussing "mature" topics and Ami-chan is acting like she doesn't know what's going on. :lol:
Who knows what book she's reading this time in that pic? :mischief:
Would certainly explain that expression on her face, then. XD

As a side-note: now I'm especially curious about Queen Beryl and the Shitennou's appearance. I'd be surprised if the latter was all wearing their distinctive PGSM uniforms, too. :P
 
Apr 20, 2012
2,258
171
165
27
Texas
skelenator-rainbow.tumblr.com
#26
It is a bit ironic that Mamoru looks older here (and I think his new seiyuu might sound older as well) when he's likely younger to match the manga. XD But I'm really happy with how well his manga design adapted, actually looks better than even the manga IMO. :love:

Caleb said:
I'd be surprised if the latter was all wearing their distinctive PGSM uniforms, too. :P
I would and I wouldn't. Naoko seemed to be very happy with PGSM, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw any influence from it. But with how close to the manga this new adaptation is trying to be, I also wouldn't be surprised if they end up staying the same either.
 
Jul 21, 2006
549
0
0
Canada
#27
MC Fly said:
Star Angel Haruki said:
But regardless of how mature they look, I doubt to many people can deny that the magazine shot of them is very stunning and to be honest, aside from those normal character designs this looks a lot promising for the show and you can really see their individuals personalities in this picture. They are probably discussing "mature" topics and Ami-chan is acting like she doesn't know what's going on. :lol:
Who knows what book she's reading this time in that pic? :mischief:
I've been told it's a German medical text.
 
Sep 13, 2009
10,729
280
165
31
Tampa, FL
#31
HeartWarrior said:
StarHealerTornado said:
We have been talking about it though? Just that the picture wasn't posted in any of the comments...
Which thread, I'm sorry? ^_^'
This one. See all the above posts with the word "Mamoru" in it.
 

HeartWarrior

Solaris Luna
Dec 7, 2009
2,859
277
165
33
Long Island, NY
#32
I'm not a big fan of the designs, but Manga Mamoru looks much more gorgeous though! Just thrown off with these designs, not sure what to think really? :? Still a semi-attractive design though, just wouldn't say it's Mamoru-like I guess.
 

Magus

Aurorae Lunares
Sep 9, 2013
1,003
3
0
38
Denver, CO
#33
I just hope the much older looking Mamoru isn't going to look awkward when paired with Usagi in the anime.
 
Jul 31, 2012
4,076
2,023
1,665
Outer Space
www.facebook.com
#34
Yea, i'm still trying to figure out how Mamoru looks younger when to me he looks older than his original counterpart but I think its because of his hair and his clothes and I think that if he's colored like someone suggested, he will probably look younger. I sure hope he kicks butt in this version and doesn't just toss roses, mediocre cliff notes, and run off...but with Naoko on board like she was with the new musical, I can see Mamoru be boss in this version just like how he was kicking but and healing others in the musical plus he did Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber! :cool:
 

Caleb

Solaris Luna
Nov 6, 2010
2,517
8
5
26
#35
Star Angel Haruki said:
Yea, i'm still trying to figure out how Mamoru looks younger when to me he looks older than his original counterpart but I think its because of his hair and his clothes and I think that if he's colored like someone suggested, he will probably look younger. I sure hope he kicks butt in this version and doesn't just toss roses, mediocre cliff notes, and run off...but with Naoko on board like she was with the new musical, I can see Mamoru be boss in this version just like how he was kicking but and healing others in the musical plus he did Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber! :cool:
I'm hoping to see that attack in Crystal, too. It really did emphasize on how powerful Tuxedo Mask was in the manga. :cool:
 
Jul 31, 2012
4,076
2,023
1,665
Outer Space
www.facebook.com
#36
A smoking bomber attack would be awesome. I could totally see it wrecking some youma but you know Tux was actually a force to be reckoned with in Classic. I remember quite a few episodes where he was using his staff, jumping high bound and launching a bouquet of killer roses... :-P
 

Crystal Moon

Solaris Luna
Jul 11, 2013
2,617
1,775
1,665
#37
Star Angel Haruki said:
Yea, i'm still trying to figure out how Mamoru looks younger when to me he looks older than his original counterpart but I think its because of his hair and his clothes and I think that if he's colored like someone suggested, he will probably look younger. I sure hope he kicks butt in this version and doesn't just toss roses, mediocre cliff notes, and run off...but with Naoko on board like she was with the new musical, I can see Mamoru be boss in this version just like how he was kicking but and healing others in the musical plus he did Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber! :cool:
I think it was not until Black Moon Arc he uses that attack!?
 
Sep 13, 2009
10,729
280
165
31
Tampa, FL
#40
Magus said:
I just hope the much older looking Mamoru isn't going to look awkward when paired with Usagi in the anime.
Don't worry, the other Senshi look older too. :p

Usagi looks like she's 18, even. :googly: